Why do we have public schools or large schools at all?

we have high speed internet & all kinds of visual communication devices so why send kids to school 5 days a week? if kids really need 1on1 interaction with the teacher then why not just one day to help with homework/questions. teachers can still visually teach at a 'chalk board' via... Show More

wow I'm amazed at how quickly people have stated that public school is just daycare...not that I disagree but I'm shocked it happened so quickly
there are plenty of other ways that kids socialize outside of school so that's not really a good answer... you know like going out to play, joining clubs/organizations, walking over to the neighbor kids house and saying hey lets play...

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids don't go to their neighbor's houses anymore. They sit in front of the xbox, yell racist obscenities, and tune everything out. Public schools are for the most part, a daycare.