Why do I want an arsehole instead if someone sweet?

I have a lovely sweet guy after me who I know won't hurt me but I somehow still want the twat who hurt me,what's up with that.I'm sure it's not just... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, guys go crazy about this on this site. They all claim to be "nice guys" too, who "finish last."

So the guy is nice. Great! But he doesn't excite you/doesn't make you laugh/is insecure and clingy/is unattractive to you/has no job or motivation/is otherwise incompatible with you/etc (or a combination of these). So you reject him, and he thinks "oh, it's because I'm a nice guy." Lol.

It's not your fault he doesn't have the qualities you look for in a guy. I just rejected a nice guy last night because he's missing important qualities I want (smart, fun, Christian). I recommend you set standards for yourself and stick to them. I don't recommend you go for the jerk-face who might hurt you haha. Try looking for a sweet guy who ALSO has the qualities you want. I promise they're out there!

• She never even mentioned if the sweet guy was missing all that other stuff...

• Show Older
    • yeah cause attraction always makes sense huh? and you are also assuming all women are like you as well.

• I don't know why you're rejecting this logic haha. Would you rather blame women for being "stupid" than accept that maybe it's not our fault?

If the sweet boy had what she was looking for, then there would be no question if she'd be dating him now. It's simple really. He's missing at least one important quality that she wants in a boyfriend.