Is it bad to drink minty green tea on an empty stomache?

Is it bad to drink minty green tea in the morning on an empty stomache? No sugar added...I am talking about those tea bags...would it cause any harm to my health? ...I heard it may make the iron in the body go low...is that true?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Wait a minute, you NEVER want to block nutrition absorption. The absorption of nutrition is essential to losing weight and without nutrition, we will die. Green Tea does not do this. It does increase fat excretion and remove food toxins. It also speeds up the metabolism in turn we burn more fat that way. But under no circumstance does it block nutrition absorption nor do we want to if we like life. Although tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. The October issue of Harvard Women's Health Watch recognizes the healthy power of tea while helping readers get the most out of their cups.Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.Drinking a cup of tea a few times a day to absorb antioxidants and other healthful plant compounds. In green-tea drinking cultures, the usual amount is three cups per day. Allow tea to steep for three to five minutes to bring out its catechins. The best way to get the catechins and other flavonoids in tea is to drink it freshly brewed. Decaffeinated, bottled ready-to-drink tea preparations, and instant teas have less of these compounds. Tea can impede the absorption of iron from fruits and vegetables. Adding lemon or milk or drinking tea between meals will counteract this problem.Source: link

• Thank you! That was very helpful!

• Anytime, I am overly glad to help anybody especially that is willing to learn about natural medicine. ;-).

• Thanks again ^^

What Guys Said 3

• Mint is another thing but green tea per-se is best had in between meals. This is because green tea can cause stomach problems for some people, and drinking it around mealtimes do not help.Also avoid drinking green tea before you go to sleep as it will keep you awake.If you want to lose weight and / or fat, drinking green tea around meal times will help block nutrition absorption, increase fat excretion and remove food toxins.

• Thank you!

• was, is and always will be a pleasure :)

• I can't fit it all here, but here is a good article on it too. link I am an herbalist, I am many of others have been drinking greeen tea (Camellia sinensis) for years, I have never seen or heard of the issues you have spoken about. Depending on where the mint is derived from, Peppernint or Mint, both in the mint family if they are natural, are Peppermint is a decongestant, cooling, fragrant and bitter herb that is anti-spasmodic, diaphoretic, digestive, antiseptic and slightly anesthetic. Used to treat morning sickness, nausea, and spastic complaints of the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder, bile ducts, dyspepsia, flatulence, intestinal colic, flatulence, gastritis and enteritis. It is furthermore used for indigestion, cramping, stomach ulcers, spastic colon, irritable bowel syndrome and is also used for its stimulant properties. It can have a powerful stimulant effect on the body and also positively influence the mind and emotions.Externally it is used to ease bronchial and upper respiratory tract infections, sinusitis, itching skin, burns, ringworm, neuralgia, rheumatism and to ward off insects.So it will help stomach problems versus cause them. But if you have issues, everybodies systems are different, discomfort will be the symptom, if you have issues, stop using it, but if not, your okay. Source: link That is a good site on info of all herbs. You might need it for future use about something.

• Oh okay thank you I will check that site out...thanks for you help appreciate it ! :)

• Your welcome my friend.

• tea contains theophylline primarily which acts as a bronchodilator easing your respiration and also helps in relaxing by causing increased blood flow..on the other hand it can cause defective iron absorption only when taken in large quantities chronically..iron is usually lost from our body through shedding of intestinal epithelium and in women also via menstrual bleed...so if you be more cautious in your iron intake you are not gonna have problems..iron rich items like dates,drumstick(moringa),spinach and chicken liver can help boost your iron stores..fruits like papaya,pomegranate can help too..

• Thank you!

• caffeine is also a vasodilator, worth bearing in mind.

What Girls Said 2

• Just be aware that mint can cause constipation. So you'll have to up your fiber intake if you drink a lot of mint tea to avoid that. I love love love mint green tea but drinking it every day caused some problems for me in that regard.

• Ohh OK thanks!

• If you're sensitive to mint, then it could upset your tummy. It won't cause harm to your health thoughI love mint tea, but I usually eat it with a little something.

• Thanks!