What does it mean when your girlfriend says to take things slow?

So, I'm in this situation, My girlfriend texted me all this nice things and says all those same things and event told me in person that I'm the man she's always been looking for that I have already prove myself to her. She knows I love her and I always give her flowers, stuff animals, home made cards but she told me yesterday I'm going to fast. That all these gifts should be spread out so she can enjoy them and if I'm that type of guy that she doesn't want to prevent me from been who I am. I'm shocked. I always thought girls would kill for a boyfriend like me, treats her with respect and cares for her and even her kid. So I'm confused too because now I won't know when is the right time to give her something nice or say the right thing because I'm scared to say or do wrong. Wth! Been dating and sleeping together for 2 months as well but I have a feeling she still has her guard up even though she had opened to me emotionally and trusts me but does she really trust me? I would never treat her the way her ex did and I'm the opposite but I guess he used to be kind at frat then turned Into a maniac. I don't know if I should brake it or continue this. I also have a great friend who's absolutely in love with me nd I have feeling for her too but def I'm not in love because I feel I'm in love with my girlfriend. Although my friend would never take non of these things the wrong way or thinking is too fast. Matter of fact she seems to always be there for me when I need her even though I have a girlfriend. I know I know, you guys will prob say well... There's the woman of your dreams and she certainly could be but right now my heart is with my girlfriend and I have no intentions to change it unless she brakes my heart. I'm trying to be understanding about this so that I don't push her away either. I'm so confused because after the talk lady night she's texting me I love you I miss you I can't way for you to come home bb since this morning and that's just really messing up with my head right now. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. So confusing. :(

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

• Don't be sad, I think that your girlfriend might be a bit overwhelmed, but she doesn't want to upset or lose you, she just want you to stop being too nice with her. I mean if it's only been two months that you're seeing each other, it's not a lot of time really, and perhaps she just simply would like to know you more the casual way. She might want to enjoy your presents more : ie if you are constantly giving her attention then she won't actually appreciate it as much because she'll be expecting it in a way. Also trust takes more than two months especially if you say that she was in a bad relationship before.I used to go out with a guy who was a bit like you, very full on and although it's different since your girlfriend seems to really like you, and try to say what she feels the nicest way possible; I wasn't that much into that guy, but he constantly wanted to spend time with me, got me many gifts and was always complimenting me. And to be honest it made me feel very uncomfortable because I wasn't used to this, and also because I wasn't used to do the same things back. I like to have my own space for example, and I didn't like the pressure it put on our relationshipSo if I can give you a bit of advice : don't break up with her, but slow down the presents/attention. It doesn't mean you have to do the total opposite and ignore her but just give her some space and let her miss you a bit more. In any case communication is key :)

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!