What does it mean when your girlfriend says to take things slow?

So, I'm in this situation, My girlfriend texted me all this nice things and says all those same things and event told me in person that I'm the man she's always been looking for that I have already prove myself to her. She knows I love her and I always give her flowers, stuff animals, home made cards but she told me yesterday I'm going to fast. That all these gifts should be spread out so she can enjoy them and if I'm that type of guy that she doesn't want to prevent me from been who I am. I'm shocked. I always thought girls would kill for a boyfriend like me, treats her with respect and cares for her and even her kid. So I'm confused too because now I won't know when is the right time to give her something nice or say the right thing because I'm scared to say or do wrong. Wth! Been dating and sleeping together for 2 months as well but I have a feeling she still has her guard up even though she had opened to me emotionally and trusts me but does she really trust me? I would never treat her the way her ex did and I'm the opposite but I guess he used to be kind at frat then turned Into a maniac. I don't know if I should brake it or continue this. I also have a great friend who's absolutely in love with me nd I have feeling for her too but def I'm not in love because I feel I'm in love with my girlfriend. Although my friend would never take non of these things the wrong way or thinking is too fast. Matter of fact she seems to always be there for me when I need her even though I have a girlfriend. I know I know, you guys will prob say well... There's the woman of your dreams and she certainly could be but right now my heart is with my girlfriend and I have no intentions to change it unless she brakes my heart. I'm trying to be understanding about this so that I don't push her away either. I'm so confused because after the talk lady night she's texting me I love you I miss you I can't way for you to come home bb since this morning and that's just really messing up with my head right now. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. So confusing. :(