• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean if a lady asks for your number instead of giving hers?

Ladies...I know when a guy approaches you there a variety of options of dismissing him nicely. After the guy asks for number and instead you say "give me yours" to the guy..how often is it you will actually text? Earlier I was chatting up a chica for a bit and she seemed fun so said "well I gotta go, but give me your number and I'll take you out for food/drinks." She said that's nice but give me yours and I'll text you. I asked her if I am just going in her trophy collection and she said no and she will text me. I usually don't give my number out but we have same kind of dog, she was laughing quite a bit, playing with her hair, made good eye contact...all good indicators. She also mentioned she had random guys try to friend her on Facebook and she just denies. I sarcastically said "wait that doesn't work?" smiling all along. Ladies what are your thoughts? PS she works at gym I go to so If know I will run into her again but was first time seeing her there.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I hate giving my number out. I don't like giving my contact information to strangers - last time I gave my number to a guy, I apparently didn't get his first try at calling so he actually came to my work to track me down and - in front of my manager - started talking about it in a kind of aggressive manner. Sure not all guys are like that, but if I've just met you I have no way of knowing what kind of person you are. When a guy gives me his number, it gives me time to think about it. The downside is I don't always call/text because sometimes out of the heat of the moment I realize that it wasn't such a good idea. But if you might be seeing her again, you'll at least give her a better chance to know you if she doesn't decide to call you.

• But what about when the guy is also like you, and doesn't want to give out his number for the same or similar reasons, or he's skeptic that you will actually call him?

• Show Older
    • If you've only met them once, you don't really like-like them yet. It's budding interest. For some people that's not enough. Think of why you wouldn't give your number to someone, and then remember some women wouldn't do it for the same reason. If I don't feel interested at all, I decline outright - I don't even ask for his number. It depends on the woman. Trust me that I know how women can work - I kind of have the t*ts to prove I'm qualified here.

• In summary - I think on some level, with some women, you're right. But not all women are the same.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I prefer to get guys numbers because I don't want to get rejected. Which is extremely selfish aha. I just get so anxious waiting for the guy to respond. But if I like you I WILL text you. I don't get guys numbers if I don't intend to text them. To me that's a waste of time and really mean.

• It mean she's not interested and you won't be hearing from her

• she's just a very brave girl trying to be different for a change and make the moves. Hang in there to see if she really likes you or one of those bad chics that just wants to make out and/or f*** and say bye bye afterwards.

What Guys Said 2

• I guess she's only prudent that her number won't be spread around just in case you'll be wearing it like a medal and go bragging it with your friends.I think she's being true to her words, and just wait, and she'll eventually text you even right after you've finished reading this.

• When girls are interested, most often they will just give you their number. If she's not interested, she may ask for your number, or she will give you her number only to ignore your calls and texts (basically only to get rid of you).I mean, to me it's just suspicious if a girl agrees to go have a drink with me but refuses to give out her number and instead asks for mine. What's the point, really? So let's say I give her my number and she texts me, then I'll have her number as well. So why not just give me her number in the first place? This, of course, unless she hides her number but if she does I can't answer her text, which is quite convenient for her in case her message is something like "I'm not interested after all". Or same thing if she decides to call and hide her number.