What does it mean if a lady asks for your number instead of giving hers?

Ladies...I know when a guy approaches you there a variety of options of dismissing him nicely. After the guy asks for number and instead you say "give me yours" to the guy..how often is it you will actually text? Earlier I was chatting up a chica for a bit and she seemed fun so said "well I gotta go, but give me your number and I'll take you out for food/drinks." She said that's nice but give me yours and I'll text you. I asked her if I am just going in her trophy collection and she said no and she will text me. I usually don't give my number out but we have same kind of dog, she was laughing quite a bit, playing with her hair, made good eye contact...all good indicators. She also mentioned she had random guys try to friend her on Facebook and she just denies. I sarcastically said "wait that doesn't work?" smiling all along. Ladies what are your thoughts? PS she works at gym I go to so If know I will run into her again but was first time seeing her there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate giving my number out. I don't like giving my contact information to strangers - last time I gave my number to a guy, I apparently didn't get his first try at calling so he actually came to my work to track me down and - in front of my manager - started talking about it in a kind of aggressive manner. Sure not all guys are like that, but if I've just met you I have no way of knowing what kind of person you are. When a guy gives me his number, it gives me time to think about it.

The downside is I don't always call/text because sometimes out of the heat of the moment I realize that it wasn't such a good idea. But if you might be seeing her again, you'll at least give her a better chance to know you if she doesn't decide to call you.

• But what about when the guy is also like you, and doesn't want to give out his number for the same or similar reasons, or he's skeptic that you will actually call him?

• If you've only met them once, you don't really like-like them yet. It's budding interest. For some people that's not enough.

Think of why you wouldn't give your number to someone, and then remember some women wouldn't do it for the same reason. If I don't feel interested at all, I decline outright - I don't even ask for his number. It depends on the woman. Trust me that I know how women can work - I kind of have the t*ts to prove I'm qualified here.

• In summary - I think on some level, with some women, you're right. But not all women are the same.