Women who are big boned?

i was just wondering what you think of women who have big bones. and by that, I don't mean girls who are just fat. I'm talking about girls who actually have big bones. do you think they're still attractive? some people say that big boned women are masculine and ugly.

i don't think that's true. what do you think?

an example of a big boned woman would be jordin sparks.

link

link

to you people who are saying there's no such thing as big boned, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

my wrist circumference is 6.5 inches. that's considered a 'large bone frame' for women. and I'm sure as hell not fat.
i'm not saying I'm big boned as an excuse for being fat. I AM actually big boned.

i have broad shoulders, a big wrist circumference, my hands are pretty big I guess, my torso is wider than most girls,

if you're telling me that's not big boned, "no offense", but you're stupid. hahah.

everyone has a different body. YES, it's possible to have big bones. I don't give a sh*t what scientists say. you guys can have your opinions, but I'll stick to mine.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 34

• Why do people think big means fat it's just not always true

• i thought you're asking about big boned. not fat vs thin. most of these answers are talking about petite vs big boned but its not clear to me, they get the question. big boned looking healthier usually means more flesh looks healthier.

you could be very skinny and bigboned. would that look healthier than small boned and fat.

• Hahhaha well I'm ajust plain fat

• Jordin Sparks is not an example of a woman who is big boned lol She's skinny, you didn't give a true example picture.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure it's not scientifically possible to be big boned. I think that's just an excuse for thicker, bigger people who don't want to admit that they're fat. Not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. I think this because I used to work at a gym and I have seen very large people slim down. If they were big boned, it would be impossible for them to become as slim as they did. Even with Jordin Sparks, she used to be a thicker girl, but she lost weight and now she looks skinny, for example the pictures you showed. I think some people convince themselves that they have big bones so that they don't have to take accountability for letting their bodies go and gaining more body fat than they would like; they can just blame it on something that happened in the womb.

• Scoopie...LOL!

• You: "I'm pretty sure it's not scientifically possible to be big boned."

Science: "You're wrong. How dare you say something I didn't say?"

source: "Study Finds That Overweight People Really Are Big-Boned" link

• Okay so I'm an ass for saying you need a gym membership. Sorry. That was uncalled for.

• Show Older
  • The term "big boned" is misused by people who are not big boned, just simply fat.

The term big boned is not really accurate. A more accurate term is "big framed". Brooke Shields is a perfect example of someone who is big framed, but not fat. She is simply bigger. There are people who are very slight framed. They look slim no matter what they do.

Most people who are fat will say "Im just big boned" giving a sort of myth to something that does exist, but its often misused. Fat is fat, but having a larger torso and big shoulders is not fat.

• She lost weight, but one can be fat and have a 'big frame' as well. And she was both. A big frame also implies bigger bones, hence the term 'big boned'.

• i never mentioned anything about her weight having anything to do with her bones.

she said herself in an interview that she's big boned. I'm not stupid. lol.

• and Jordan Sparks WAS fat, she lost weight.

• She doesn't look big boned, she looks curvy. I don't think any guy would have a problem f***ing her.

• I don't think they're necessarily ugly, but I don't think they're attractive either.

I don't consider Jordin Sparks to be big boned.

• You're right Empress, I don't know that for sure. I do know some girls I've first seen in pictures without photoshop and they looked stunning and really slim. Then I met them and they were kind of big and some even fat. As long as the proportions are good, the big body will not be noticeable that much on a picture.

But they use those techniques on pretty much anyone, so why not on her? Especially considering the fact she was kind of fat or chubby before.

• Scoopie, you don't know that. You haven't seen Jordin naked privately in order to say whether she's been photoshopped or not. Not every girl who actually looks slim has been photoshopped. It's not impossible for a girl to look as great as Jordin does in those pictures without the help of photoshop.

• When I describe someone as "big boned", I mean someone with a heavy looking body frame. Like... dense looking. Not fat. Just heavy looking. I can't really explain it. Khloe Kardashian is big boned.

• Show Older
  • Selected as most helpful

Yes, some women are just "bigger" than others, including bone structure. That doesn't keep them from being attractive, such as the girl in your links. Even bigger girls than her can be attractive as long as they're shapely. For the most part, an attractive shape means having a defined waist (smaller than chest or hips) and a *relatively* flat stomach (it doesn't have to be tight as a drum, or have "abs", but you don't want a big belly bump or fat rolls).

Some examples:

link

link

None of these girls are "skinny", and I'd bet they are all above 150 pounds, but they don't have any stomach or arm fat, no fat rolls, and they have waists. They also have hips and boobs; in other words, they are the definition of "curvy." The fact that they aren't tiny thin women doesn't make them any less attractive, except to a small percentage of guys who ONLY like stick-thin women. The vast majority of guys would find any of these girls to be attractive and sexy (they may be a little too old for most of the crowd here, which are HS/college-age, but still).

• I think big boned girls can be very sexy,depends on the individual.I think a lot of men will be attracted as it's a sign of health and fertility.I do find women with strong

hands quite a turn on,I guess that's a hand fetish,never really considered that!

• hot!, they are not big boned , they are fat and fat is hot!

• I prefer "big boned" girls over petite girls, they look healthier and in my opinion they're more attractive.

• would a bigboned skinny girl, look healthier than a small boned fat girl?

• I just looked at all your pictures and you are VERY BEAUTIFUL.

• Guys are not as shallow as we are sometimes made out to be. Women complain that the media makes them feel like they need to starve themselves to be sexy, but I don't think that the majority of men feel this way. I think women make other women feel judged by body weight. Afterall, who are editors of these fashion magazines? Usually not men...just sayin'

• shes not asking about being skinny or fat. _big boned_ not big fleshed.

• As long as she keeps her body fat percentage in check she's fine. Venus Williams is 6'2", so is Maria Sharapova. Both look slender even though they are in the 150-165 pound range. Its all about proportionate height. Jordan Sparks' father was a football player. So's probably like what? 5'8" to 5'10"? She lost some thickness because she dropped some body fat. As long as you have low body fat, you're still gonna look good no matter how tall.

• shes not asking about height. she's asking about bone width. not body fat width. or body height. the width of the bone structure itself. the size without any flesh on it.

• "Large-frame" or "big-boned" women are just as attractive as petite women. "Big-boned" does NOT mean overweight! Anybody who says that women who are large-framed or big-boned are masculine or ugly are stupid.

• well no. it does not mean fat unless he person with big bones is also fat.

larger frames require greater weights to maintain the same level of body fat. a person with a small frame reaches the same level of body fat, that a larger framed person would have to be heavier to reach. assuming muscle percentage is equal.

• Fine by me.

• I think it's hot. They are much hotter than skinny girls.

• I think big boned women appear healthier to me than skinnier girls. As long as the girl does take care of herself to some extent and doesn't just rely on the excuse "i'm big boned" as a reason to let herself go... I think big boned women are VERY sexy

• thank you.

• and based on your pictures you are very pretty and even a little more weight wouldn't change that opinion

• My preference actually lies with supposedly big boned girls, as opposed to petite skinny build. I find it more cuddely and sexy.

• I wouldn't even consider her big boned. I like girls that aren't skinny myself, so its all good with me :)

• You big boned ladies are so hot ;)

• I prefer big boned woman. Skinny isn't sexy or even aesthetically pleasing to my eye. I am 6 '1 and quite skinny - size 10 is good - used to like skinny but not anymore. Its all hips and elbows in the bed to lol.

• I agree, big bones girls can be hott. It all depends on proportion. I am attracted to all types. Well, actually, almost all types. Even chubby girls at times.

From the looks of your pictures on your profile. NO, you are certainly not fat. Very beautiful actually, and don't listen if they told you to the contrary. You have nothing to be concerned about, for there is a guy that will appreciate you for who you are. :-).

• Big boned women can be hot. It mostly depends on their appearance, most important perhaps how they dress (but I think that's true for no matter how your body looks).

I'm not attracted to Jordin, but she does have a good body.

Is that really you on your pictures? Because I would not really call you big boned just by seeing those pictures. I've been attracted to girls that seem 'bigger boned' than you. You seem to have a normal body type/shape for a girl. Perhaps if you keep comparing yourself to those very skinny models you are big boned, but they are not the average nor the standard if you ask me.

• As far as the pictures show, you really don't seem big boned to me, but perhaps it just appears that way on the pictures. Anyway, your proportions seem to be great and usually that's what makes someone attractive, not how big or tiny they are.

• I know there's a difference between fat and big boned. My current girlfriend is kinda amazonian in size. She's got broad shoulders, and her arms are quite thick and strong for most women. I like it. She kinda reminds me of Power Girl. Heck, she's even got the tits for it too.

Personally I actually quite welcome it. I'm a big guy, who's big boned himself, and I have a extra weight on top of being big boned. Being big boned can be nice for a guy like me. I see girls like that as "sturdy" for lack of a better wording, and it's appealing to me. I find it sexy. I find my girlfriend sexy. I even find that girl in the picture sexy. Miracle Laurie is pretty sexy too, though I doubt many people here even know who that is.

Anyway, I find it appealing. I'm sure there are plenty of other guys who like it, just as there are guys who don't, and by this thread, apparently a bunch of people who think that "big boned" is just an excuse. Whatever. Look, whoever is big boned should just work on loving themselves for who they are. Someone's gonna love what they got. The rest of the people shouldn't matter. Not to them. They don't matter, actually.

In short, I like those kinds of girls.

• Pretty much the only place I've seen her, outside of the occasional interview or random appearance on a talkshow or something.

• Miracle Laurie is definitely hot (amazing face). I'm sure you've seen her in the Dollhouse TV show, right?

• thanks, appreciate it.

• Show Older
  • I sure know what a big boned woman is :) cause I think that's awesomely sexy. A lot of Russian etc women are generally big boned and I think that's hot as hell! :D

I also like the larger frame to petite frames. Just prefer it to be a toned body that generally I think big boned women have naturally for various reasons OR I've seen more of them who have toned bodies :D

BTW big boned is not necessarily thick or fat :D

• The girl on link is attractive.

• Jordan Sparks = she's attractive in those photos. I would get to know her more if I could. However, her personality is the bigger part of whether I'll pursue a relationship or not with her.

Other girls who are big boned = may not have a chance in hell. I'm not a big guy, so if her big bones are too big for me, forget it. Sorry, but I want to be the masculine person in the relationship, not the feminine follower.

There was one girl who I worked with - she was about 6'2", big boned from her family, bigger than me in size, that chased me and talked rumors to others about us getting together. She never had a chance.

Infact, same girl found a boyfriend years later and she put on the pounds. Now I don't even want to talk to her.

Wrist circumference is 6.5 inches ... uhm ... ok? If your hands are smaller than mine, I'm cool with that.

• Show More