• Ask
  • myTake

Are left-handed guys better?

i have been obsessed with left-handed guys since I can remember. they're usually creative and different from right-handed guys.am I the only person who thinks this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes. I'm pretty awesome, though I'm not sure if that's because I'm left handed, or just because I'm awesome and left handedness happens to be a common trait of awesome people. Southpaws tend to be accident prone and die at an earlier age; though I think that's in large part to being in a right handed culture.Not all lefties are creative, not all lefties are great people, and not all southpaws are in creative fields. There's one other lefty in my family, but he's not creative, doesn't do artsy things, hates artists (though I think he's very disrespectful to anyone who isn't a doctor (though female doctors are low on his scale); even a PHD in film or English is "not a real degree." For being a brilliant PhD, he's not that smart about some important things. I am pretty much your quintessential southpaw.

What Guys Said 22

• I don't think there's a difference... really.

• No.

• weird

• My sister is a southpaw. I'm not. I think we righties are more prevalent for a reason. Don't know what the heck it might be, but there are more of us so it must serve some evolutionary function. Watch out for those darned ambidextrous types though. They're gonna take over the world if we let em. :-)

• ive been trying to be ambidextrous since I was 12!

• There's a whole range of good jokes possible from this...

• yea? tell me some

• Well... They live shorter on average so if that's what you're after then yes.

• Is accepted that left handed people are smarter than right handed one's not all the right handed people in the world, but usually left handed guys are smarter than right handed one's and yea I am left handed.

• so your not biased at all then!

• Not much, but everyone is biased at some things. And I am wondering which right handed downvoted me ;) I'm chess champion guys... :(

• I'm right-handed and I seem to think I'm alright (get it? get it? ;). Even if there was some correlation found between left-handedness and creativity or intelligence, there would still be so many outliers that it wouldn't matter much. I'm right-handed and I'm plenty creative, I think. I also taught myself to be ambidextrous in second grade. I could write with my left hand just as well as my right, I just got bored of it and forgot how.In the end, there will always be good guys and bad guys, but their dominate hand will never determine their qualities definitively.

• I am left handed, and I never knew there are people like you who prefer guys based on this. Well, I don't mind... :P Anyways I don't know if we are better or not then right handed guys, but I think we are definitely different in some things...

• So you have a fetish for right handed people? Personally I wouldn't even notice what hand people write with even if they sat right beside me in class.

• left handed

• whoopsie doopsie doo. Left*

• If that's true this is another reason why I will never get a GF, Because I'm not left handed.

• What makes you think they are creative? =S

• alot of great artists are, and people I've grown up with, I've read that because it taps into a different part of their brain to be left handed.

• Show Older
    • This guy is right. He's righty but his art work is good. So you see this is an example. ^-^But, Mr. aMuse.. I think she's talking in general, I mean it's like a statistical thing.. Like although lefties are the minority but a lot of artists, geniuses were lefties. That doesn't mean righties are not, they are the majority but each one of them has been surrounded by different environmental factors that contributed in building their brain abilities.

• ok maybe using better was the wrong word. what I was trying to see was if other people noticed this or if it was just me. I would say that left handed guys that I've meet have been different then right handed guys, but it could be because they were left handed I was being biased.ur right there are many ways to rewire your brain not just writing with your nondominant hand

• Left handed people are better in the same way that blonds are better.Derp...

• derp? what's that?

• right handed is better. its just more natural, left handedness is a mutation.

• r you from the 40's?

• Show Older
    • but even in the modern age several lefties die each year using items designed for the rest of the population

• those right handed sissors will get you every time!

• o.O I don't think it matters

• right handed or left handed, the d*** is always in the middle, and that's what matters.

• Yes, left handed guys are better.. at everything because they use the bigger part of the brain. That little sliver of brain on the bottom right side used by right handers, lefties use as a reserve, or a cache when the creative side excels. Too bad I was forced to sit on my left hand in public school, I'm so messed up now I use both...at the same time. Ever see a guy throw a baseball with both hands. Not a good sight.

• I am amphibious (I once watch an interview with a major basketball star many years ago say this) I can dribble the ball with both hands and go both ways.

• Eh Aquaman!

• Show Older
    • funny mine never did that, is it the twinkies your feeding it?

• And massive doses of testosterone

• lol my best buddy is a leftie and he is definantly not the sharpest tool in the shed. To be honest I have never noticed a differance in personality because he's left and I don't think there is one... people are who they are I don't see how something like that would change anything

• I don't necessarily think they're better.To be brutally honest, I don't think that thought ever crossed my mind xD

• thats all a myth perpetrated by lefties in an attempt to bolster their self esteem and feel special because they're in the minority and are in fact mutant degenerates.

• Would you like to systematically kill off all the righties?

• no of course not I'm right handed! I just like to watch the lefties, makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside

• I have no idea. I don't know if I'm creative or not but I'm awful at art and left handed people are supposedly good at that lol

What Girls Said 11

• Well Obama has always been incredibly sexy to me, I blame it on the hand he uses ;)jk I don't see a difference and the few lefties I have met usually aren't anything special (no offense)but you're a girl...so that would carry no offense and possibly a right hand woman so..even less offense >_<

• LoL I noticed there is something wrong in the pictures he appears writing in them lol.I feel lefties can be noticed easily, since you always feel there's something wrong when you see them writing or drawing. xD

• Haha yeah this guy got singled out in class and had to do a demonstration for my teacher because he was a leftie and he held his pencil very different

• I don't see what's so great about being left handed, honestly. I know plenty of left- and right- handed guys and I wouldn't say the lefties are any better.That might just be my bias because in high school I knew a left handed girl who just thought she was the sh*t because she was so "unique." Super irritating. But guys aren't really like that.

• There are people would say that lefties are more creative blah, blah, blah, but this is total crap. Just because you write with a certain hand, it doesn't mean anything, just like your star sign doesn't mean anything, or your birthday date in relation to who you're most compatible with. Its all crap. I personally haven'tn noticed, I don't usually go out of my way to find out what hand a guy writes with

• I have never thought of this actually lol.But I'm left-handed myself, and 3 members of my family are lefties too.The others are right-handed. My mom said that I noticed that the lefties are better in school.Lefties tend to be more creative especially in arts and although they are the minority but a lot of scientist/geniuses are left-handed, but that doesn't mean right-handed people are not and doesn't mean lefties are always the best. I met many righties who are just as "amazing" and creative too. But I've never thought of this idea regarding guys lol but it's funny. So are you looking for the lefties around you? :P Are you left-handed yourself? ^-^

• im always looking to see if someone is left handed, especially guys.im right handed, but I've always tried to write with my left hand.alot of my friends growing up were left handed and I always thought they were more unique then other people

• They are unique in some way, I feel there's still a secret behind it because those 3 lefty members of my family proved it, they are better in school than the others. In my college when you go to the art department or even the medicine department you see most people there are lefties. But I have a righty sister who's amazing in art too. So don't change who you are, maybe you're among those creative smart righties. :D

• Btw, I heard that lefties usually change and try to train themselves to use the right hand because they feel they are odd lol. But I haven't heard of righties try to change to lefties, this's the first time I see it. But maybe if you train yourself you can use both hands? xDI trained myself so I can do almost anything with my right hand except writing. ^_^

• haha! I haven't really notice that so I'm not really sure lol,when I meet a guy I don't really notice of he is left or right nor do I ask him which hand he is lol so I can't really say.

• I don't look for them but I'm far more attracted to them without even knowing they are lefties so I guess there must be something different in their personalities that I likeI've been with 22 guys- 18 have been lefties

• where are you finding them? you sound like you have a stockpile!

• I guess I find them everywhere without noticing

• You're not the only one :) But I'm a lefty so I'm biased and I'm shamelessly promoting my own kind haha! I studied at music academy and one third of people there were left handed, so I would agree that lefties choose artistic, creative professions. It has to do with different parts of brain being more dominant I think. Some say lefties are not that good with analytical, logical thinking, which in my case seems to be true lol.

• I've personally never noticed this

• my bro is left handed because he had a stroke that paralyzed his right side. He is a writer and is very creative! But I don't know if his better than right handed people...

• I don't think there's much of a difference between left-handed people and right-handed people. I know a few guys who are lefties, none of which are that creative. So I don't think creativity correlates with being left-handed, more like it depends on how you use your brain, what set of skills you were born with etc. Studies that "show" that left-handed people are more creative than right-handed people probably haven't used a big enough sample. Besides, left-handed people are a minority anyway, so it's almost impossible to make a scientifically correct comparison. I would say that there are probably equally creative and not so creative lefties on this earth, as there are creative and non-creative right-handed people. Favoring any of the two just because of which hand is the dominant one, and supposedly what its dominance "means", is completely baffling to me. Like someone here before me said, it's like zodiac signs. They might be fun, but they don't really mean a thing when it comes down to it. Maybe some left-handed people use their brain differently, because using your left hand as the dominant one requires another part of your brain to function. This, however, does not make lefties any more special, because tons of other activities require different parts of the brain to be used.

• Better at what? Giggity.

• No seriously I have no clue. Only like 7% of the world is left handed so I haven't come across many left handed guys.