Do I have a right to be uncomfortable with their actions?

So,

My boyfriend goes go Maui every year, usually with another family. This year, however, his family went with only the daughter of the other family. I girl in our grade who is a talented flirt. She's not my favorite person but I don't comment on their relationship. Or try not to as much as possible. Anyway, they got back and she updates her cover photo... a montage of great pics from the trip. Including one of her hugging my boyfriend and one of him with his arm around her. Sure, both actions could be friendly, but I guess you have to know said girl.

My question is this: do I say something to my boyfriend about how it makes me feel or do I keep quiet and pretend it didn't happen?

Thank you!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 8

• what I would do is ask him how his trip went, yada yada and casually bring up the pics that you saw. but don't make it obvious that it bothers you. just be like ohh that place yeah I saw the picture of you and so and so. and wait till his response. if it gets awk, just tell him how you feel. if it doesn't get awkward then that means there isn't anything that you should worry about. well from my experiences and from what I've learned. if guys make it awkward or stutter, then they are hiding something.

• defiantly say something... they are far far away, anything could happen... I wouldn't trust that.

• Selected as most helpful

don't make assumptions based on this picture. If the family goes on vacation every year with this family then you can assume that their relationship is mostly platonic and just because her parents didn't go doesn't mean they are suddenly going to start f*cking like rabbits.

do you trust your boyfriend? do you have any suspicion aside from circumstance and pictures? has your boyfriend acted differently since returning?

If they're family friends then a hug or an arm around a waste is really nothing... I do the same with family friends who are female as well.

I think in lieu of some other reason (aside from pictures and her being a flirt) being present you need to trust your boyfriend... I think you can bring this up if you want but you are definitely going to sound jealous and the boyfriend may get defensive if he feels like your accusations or assumptions are unwarranted.

• i do know I'm talking to a teenager. what's your point? everything I said still applies

• you do realize we are talking about teenagers here right?

• Difficult. I say ignore the girl. The world is full of attractive flirtatious women, the question is can you trust your boyfriend to be faithful when a woman decides she wants him - this girl likely won't be the last and you need to know you can trust him.

It's only natural that you are uncomfortable as its the first time your relationship has been tested. What does your gut tell you though? Do you feel he was true to you?

Every time my ex cheated on me, I knew. She didn't need to tell me.

• There's nothing wrong with having feelings. It's only natural to be a jealous bitch...however it's another thing to be just a plain out bitch

• Talk to him about it but don't accuse him of anything. You should definitively talk to him about it but don't make a big deal about it. You have every right to be a little suspicious.

• Talk to him openly about it. Don't start accusing him. Ask him to be honest with you if anything happened. And be prepared to forgive or leave him if it did.

Trust is a fickle thing in relationships. Once trust has been broken and it comes into your mind that your partner might be doing something wrong, then distrust and jealousy can fabricate all sorts of things. And the sad part is that your suspicion may be right, and he may be good enough at hiding it to get away with it. You have to ask yourself are you willing to be with a guy who puts himself in such a suspicious situation. Is this a common thing? If so, you might be better off being single for now. You are young.

• Bring up the trip if it bothers youthat much that he had his arms around another girl. I wouldn't jump to conclusions as they could just be good friends and nothing more.

• Hawaii is very hot. He is a guy in a tropical place. With a flirt girl. You figure it out.

• Being open is always the better option, you should make no demands but you should tell him how you feel.