Do you think Obama will issue an Executive Order to abolish the 2nd amendment?

So as we all know, Obama loves Executive Orders. He's issued almost 930 of them since he took office in 2008. Unfortunately, he uses them to get his own way on things that Congress votes against him on, such as the D.R.E.A.M. act. The recent massive shootings like the Colorado movie massacre and... Show More

Interesting that my question was taken down during "prime" user time and restored, but whatever.

People who are educated would know what happened during Prohibition, when a Democratic President decided to ban alcohol. Drinking didn't go away, crime went up, and it created tons of problems. That is until the repeal movement was started by a wealthy Republican, Pauline Sabin, who said that prohibition should be repealed because it made the US a nation of hypocrites.

Same goes with weed.
Weed is now legalized in several states and you've seen distribution centers in Washington robbed as a result and will make crime increase.

Now back to guns. You cannot take away the rights of someone without a fight being put up. It was Robert A. Heinlein who wrote: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life". You aren't going to shoot someone who can shoot you back.

If you make it illegal, people will still get it somehow.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off. I'd like to put it on the record here. That I will not surrender any of my weapons if they are made illegal. Just saying.

And I'm law abiding. So you think a criminal will turn in their guns? Nope. A gun is unusual in comparison to cyanide, a car, windex and a million other things in that it lasts pretty much forever.

So even if you outlaw the sale of guns, and even their manufacture. There will still be guns, and they will still be used.

Also. Libs like to say that "gun violence is higher in the US then places where guns aren't allowed" well quite. Sure that's true. But so what? Because violent crime, murder and real rape are significantly lower.

So Europeans don't have no guns. But they've still found other ways to hurt each other and... they seem to be better at it then us gun waving rednecks