Do you think Obama will issue an Executive Order to abolish the 2nd amendment?

So as we all know, Obama loves Executive Orders. He's issued almost 930 of them since he took office in 2008. Unfortunately, he uses them to get his own way on things that Congress votes against him on, such as the D.R.E.A.M. act.

The recent massive shootings like the Colorado movie massacre and of course Sandy Hook have created a stir about the right to bear arms. There is an amendment in our Constitution (the supreme law of the United States of America) that allows us this right. There are is a stir that Obama will use an Executive Order to abolish this amendment and take gun ownership rights away from Americans.

What is this going to do to America and the interests of it's citizens? Because a couple mentally unfit people use guns to carry out large-scale killings, the mentally sane need to lose their rights as a result? How about those who have served America in the military and own guns, are you going to take away a right they fought for?

This President is out of control with control.

As a citizen, how do you feel about the President doing this?

Gun owners, how will you react if you have to surrender your guns?

Interesting that my question was taken down during "prime" user time and restored, but whatever.

People who are educated would know what happened during Prohibition, when a Democratic President decided to ban alcohol. Drinking didn't go away, crime went up, and it created tons of problems. That is until the repeal movement was started by a wealthy Republican, Pauline Sabin, who said that prohibition should be repealed because it made the US a nation of hypocrites.

Same goes with weed.
Weed is now legalized in several states and you've seen distribution centers in Washington robbed as a result and will make crime increase.

Now back to guns. You cannot take away the rights of someone without a fight being put up. It was Robert A. Heinlein who wrote: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life". You aren't going to shoot someone who can shoot you back.

If you make it illegal, people will still get it somehow.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off. I'd like to put it on the record here. That I will not surrender any of my weapons if they are made illegal. Just saying.

And I'm law abiding. So you think a criminal will turn in their guns? Nope. A gun is unusual in comparison to cyanide, a car, windex and a million other things in that it lasts pretty much forever.

So even if you outlaw the sale of guns, and even their manufacture. There will still be guns, and they will still be used.

Also. Libs like to say that "gun violence is higher in the US then places where guns aren't allowed" well quite. Sure that's true. But so what? Because violent crime, murder and real rape are significantly lower.

So Europeans don't have no guns. But they've still found other ways to hurt each other and... they seem to be better at it then us gun waving rednecks