How many of you are metalheads?

And what bands/genres do you like?

I'm really into the folk/pagan/Viking metal...bands like Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Arkona, Finntroll to name some more well known ones..

I also like power metal (Including the nerdy bands like Rhapsody <3) and some death metal...

I Haven't explored black metal so much but I'm interested in trying it if you have any good bands to start with d:

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmm

Nightwish, Epica, Blind Guardian, The Agonist, Flyleaf, Arch Enemy, Belphegor, Manowar (other bands play, MANOWAR KILL), the Crue, Poison, even Alice Cooper in places, Dio, Black Sabbath, Alestorm, Jorn, Avantasia, Tyr, Accept, August Burns Red, Judas Priest, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Napalm Death, Katatonia.

If you want to straddle the line between rock and metal, there's the Crue, Poison, even Alice Cooper in places, Dio, Black Sabbath, BlackRain, Santa Cruz, Def Leppard, Warrant

Also, there's this guy called Jeph Jacques, he mainly writes a webcomic, but he started this insane one-person virtual band called Deathmole, and it's pretty good.

• You would like Gamma Ray if you don't already :]

• yup :D already do. cheers though

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 14

• Check out amon amarth or kamelot. Similar to the bands you mentioned.

• Ahah kamelot was one of the first groups I liked...Amon Amarth I've listened to for a long time because I like the mythological influences

• I am but strictly instrumental metal. Most notably Jeff Loomis, Andy James, Marty Friedman

• I like older metal. It seems a lot of recent metal involves incoherent growling/screaming and oddly arranged music that just doesn't seem to flow well.

• Used to be. Once in a while I'll put it back on.

• Once in a while.

More from Guys
9

What Girls Said 1

• I love all metal but I do like death metal the most for the rawness of it.

General Bands: Job for a Cowboy, carnifex, for the fallen dreams, cannibal corpse, kataklysm, deicide, necrophagist, suffocation, veil of maya, Molotov solution, impending doom, darkest hour, winds of plague, the acacia strain, born of osiris, August burns red, burning the masses, children of bodom, lamb of god, Whitechapel..etc.

And I like Djent its pretty beast and the bands sound beautiful yet brutal and sorta has like a space concept feeling to it such as "aristeia" which are my close homies, check em out they're pretty sickkkk! Also "volumes" and "erra" :) \mm/