Would you eat horse?

So the UK and Ireland have a wee problem. We've just found horse meat in loads of our burgers and have no idea where it came from yet. Ireland are saying that the burgers they tested were 29% horse so not trace amounts.

Would you eat it? I've often said "I could eat a horse!" Lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 11

• Selected as most helpful

No way !

• No

• No I wouldn't eat a horse, I don't eat a lot of meat, I only eat seafood

• Not knowingly

• No.

• Yeah just heard that on the news. personnally I don't mind eating horse meat as long as I know it's horse meat! I've never actually tried though (or have I ?!)

• sure, if I were starving... otherwise, no because I am a vegan.lol

• I'd probably try it at least. I've heard of other people eating and liking horse. I don't think I would eat it regularly but who knows?

• No. I grew up riding horses and I own a pony so I wouldn't be able to eat something that I've always viewed as a companion.

The closest I've ever gotten was eating camel, and it was pretty good.

• no but then again I don't eat any animals lol

• Of course of course!

• If it tasted good, was cheap, and not endangered sure why not?

• If you've ever ate a Chinese takeaway you've probably eaten worse.

• depends if there is nothing to eat and I can cook it well

• Wow, interesting. Anyway, I have tried horse meat in the past, but I don't think I would try it again. I think the horse is an animal that is too personable at relatable to humans. I'd feel bad.

• Of course, without remorse or force, even if it's texture is coarse and and my wife, a vegan, might resort to divorce. I would want to know its source, of course, before I would endorse.

• no

• No. The same thing like I can't eat venison. I don't even like to think about the poor cow if I'm eating a steak. I don't eat fish because all I can think about is the poor fish was swimming long minding it's own business & then it's gutted, sauteed & eaten

• If it tastes good then sure why not? I might even try Zebra! :D

• yeah I would its lean and healthy but some very highly educated celebrities and politicians who are animal/environmental/food experts are trying to ban it in the US because horses are pretty.

• I've eaten horse. There's nothing wrong with it, it's quite tasty.

In fairness, the brands of burger they tested did say on the pack that they are just 65% beef.

I'd be much more concerned about the revelation in the US that calamari is pig rectum.

• Yea as long as no one kept on repeating it :P

• I wouldn't mind eating it, what's the difference between that and a cow? in terms of what they do plus the meat that they give, I don't understand the distinctions people make about eating cow vs horse vs deer vs lamb... Why is it deemed OK to eat a cow but not a horse? I don't get it