Would you eat horse?

So the UK and Ireland have a wee problem. We've just found horse meat in loads of our burgers and have no idea where it came from yet. Ireland are saying that the burgers they tested were 29% horse so not trace amounts.

Would you eat it? I've often said "I could eat a horse!" Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No way !

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 12

• Not knowingly

• I'd probably try it at least. I've heard of other people eating and liking horse. I don't think I would eat it regularly but who knows?

• Yeah just heard that on the news. personnally I don't mind eating horse meat as long as I know it's horse meat! I've never actually tried though (or have I ?!)

• No. I grew up riding horses and I own a pony so I wouldn't be able to eat something that I've always viewed as a companion.

The closest I've ever gotten was eating camel, and it was pretty good.

• No.

More from Girls
7

What Guys Said 11

• I've eaten horse. There's nothing wrong with it, it's quite tasty.

In fairness, the brands of burger they tested did say on the pack that they are just 65% beef.

I'd be much more concerned about the revelation in the US that calamari is pig rectum.

• No. The same thing like I can't eat venison. I don't even like to think about the poor cow if I'm eating a steak. I don't eat fish because all I can think about is the poor fish was swimming long minding it's own business & then it's gutted, sauteed & eaten

• Of course, without remorse or force, even if it's texture is coarse and and my wife, a vegan, might resort to divorce. I would want to know its source, of course, before I would endorse.

• I wouldn't mind eating it, what's the difference between that and a cow? in terms of what they do plus the meat that they give, I don't understand the distinctions people make about eating cow vs horse vs deer vs lamb... Why is it deemed OK to eat a cow but not a horse? I don't get it

• If you've ever ate a Chinese takeaway you've probably eaten worse.

More from Guys
6