• Ask
  • myTake

Would you eat horse?

So the UK and Ireland have a wee problem. We've just found horse meat in loads of our burgers and have no idea where it came from yet. Ireland are... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 11

• I've eaten horse. There's nothing wrong with it, it's quite tasty.In fairness, the brands of burger they tested did say on the pack that they are just 65% beef.I'd be much more concerned about the revelation in the US that calamari is pig rectum.

• No. The same thing like I can't eat venison. I don't even like to think about the poor cow if I'm eating a steak. I don't eat fish because all I can think about is the poor fish was swimming long minding it's own business & then it's gutted, sauteed & eaten

• Wow, interesting. Anyway, I have tried horse meat in the past, but I don't think I would try it again. I think the horse is an animal that is too personable at relatable to humans. I'd feel bad.

• Of course, without remorse or force, even if it's texture is coarse and and my wife, a vegan, might resort to divorce. I would want to know its source, of course, before I would endorse.

• no

• yeah I would its lean and healthy but some very highly educated celebrities and politicians who are animal/environmental/food experts are trying to ban it in the US because horses are pretty.

• If you've ever ate a Chinese takeaway you've probably eaten worse.

• If it tastes good then sure why not? I might even try Zebra! :D

• I wouldn't mind eating it, what's the difference between that and a cow? in terms of what they do plus the meat that they give, I don't understand the distinctions people make about eating cow vs horse vs deer vs lamb... Why is it deemed OK to eat a cow but not a horse? I don't get it

• depends if there is nothing to eat and I can cook it well

• Yea as long as no one kept on repeating it :P