Have you ever donated blood before?

Gave blood today. Have ypu ever given? Last time I did I was dehydrated so it took a while.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Accidentally, back in Glastonbury '08 :/

• I was surrounded by Hippies, tripped and fell, and the lads who helped me nicked some of my blood :O

• Accidently?...

What Guys Said 15

• yes.

• I will never give blood, people have been so nice to me that I think I will keep my blood even when someone is in need

• Okay.

• I'm a registered blood donor but they never call me. There is always a surplus of donors in my area and I think I'm at the end of the list from too many sexual partners or something...

• NO! I hate needles! D:

my blood is my blood! D:

• Yrue, but its good to lose some to replenish with new blood ;)

• No, I would but among mice, needles in my veins freak me the hell out...

• Yeah. That pinch hurt when she punctured me...then for the nect 30 minutes iy was just like a little poke that won't relent. Then you're done ;)

• :D I'm scared too!

• Yes my junior year in high school.

• I have given blood about 12 times. Call me weird, but it feels good to me physically. The blood loss makes me feel relaxed and calm. You also help out a lot of people too.

Can't beat free cookies and cute staff!

• I haven't since high school. I felt a bit weaker only for the rest of the day.

• I have not

• I haven't donated blood, but I would consider it in the future of course.

• I give double red blood cell donations regularly, as long as I drink tons of water and have a big meal with some kind of meat in it I never have problems.

• yes and never had any problems afterwords. :D

• Same here

• Never have but I definitely want to, I don't even know what blood type I am even though I'm a scientist.

• Yes. I have donated over 20 times with the latest being last week Wednesday. I never actually feel weak or dehydrated afterward because I make sure that I've eaten before donating and that my fluids are OK. The clinic also provides juice, coffee or tea as well as a couple of biscuits just to make sure that donators are good for the rest of the day. Donating blood is a good thing to do an every pint collected will help someone who needs it

• I love all the free food and incentives involved ;)...worst that happened to me was I was walking up stairs and felt real tired and heart was Pounding

• Only when the doctor had to take some, lol.

• Lol!

• Dont count. Nice try ;)

What Girls Said 10

• I donated plasma before and sometimes that stuff can make you sick.

• yeah once a year.been doing this since I was like 18 so I have donated my blood 3 times in my entire life and I'm proud of it.

• Same here

• lol I donated today too

• Yup. It's been a while, but I try to give once or twice a year

• Ha ha I've done that before it's all good!

• Woops

Meant to *up the comment

• I don't weigh enough

• I certainly have. I am A+, the most common blood type. They are appreciative but they don't flip over my blood like they do over AB-, the most rare of the blood types.

• I'm A+ too. Id rather be O or AB

• yes I have :)

• Yep, first time this year ! I was so happy because they had rejected me a few times before (recent surgery and so on...)

I'll do it again soon :)

I'm registered for bone arrow, but I haven't been called yet !

• Yep.

• *bone marrow*

• ZI am too!

• I have about 10 times or so. I also ran a few in high school. I can't say it's a pleasant experience, but I always feel great doing it. Plus my blood type is the universal donor, so they're always calling me to schedule a donation.

• I would if I could (I think they call the type of blood I have the ''universal'' type) but I can't because I'm underweight :/

• El em ay oh

• lol, don't get me started I'm drunk right now. =P

• Guess you could eat me, technically speaking :3

I'm 5'2ish ft tall and 95lbs... small enough to not be able to donate blood.

• Show Older