What's your favorite home-made exfoliation mask?

What's your favorite home-made exfoliation mask? questionistooshort

Most Helpful Girl

• Sugar! Just use white, granulated sugar in your cleanser or before cleansing. It's simple, cheap and works wonders. If your skin is a bit more sensitive, you can try brown sugar(extremely common). It's just an exfoliating scrub though, not a mask.

Also, I've come to prefer to buy clay masks that come in powder form where you have to mix it with water on your own to make a mask. What I do, is I use the Aztec Indian Healing clay and add ground coffee to it. The coffee has caffeine in it that can help de-puff your face and eyes, but when you're rinsing the mask off, you exfoliate gently with the ground coffee.

Examples of the masks I speak of:

link

link

I buy the first from Vitaminshoppe and the second can be purchased from Whole Foods.

Aspirin Mask, which is a little too harsh for me. Buy uncoated aspirin, crush it, make into paste with a little water. Apply to skin and leave for no more than 10 minutes:

link

Turmeric masks are also quite common but I'm scared to do it because supposedly it can leave a yellow-brown tint to your skin. I'm not white, but my skin has a yellow/gray undertone to it and picks up color easily.

I loveee egg white masks!

link

It's more of a chemical exfoliant, but it works wonders. If oily skin is a problem or you have uneven skin tone, you can add a bit of lemon juice. If dryness is a problem a bit of almond oil or even EVOO can help. I personally though, don't add anything. If I do add something, it's lemon juice.