Religious folk and Atheists, can we ever get along?

I'm just curious. Quite frankly the going tit for tat with people of differnt beleifs is annoying and hack to me. By now it seems we acknowlege that we all have different beleifs and move on.

There seems to be this constant struggle between atheists and religious people.

It seems each side sometimes is eager to verbally or morally attack the other. Sometimes the attacks seem unwaranted and unessary.

For example if god isn't being discussed, I don't see any reason to stir up trouble by pushing the discussion on someone else, or poke fun at someones beleifs/values.

So my question is can we really ever get along? What would It take? Just total silence on certain issues? Or are we just do differnt and opposing?

Reguardless of which side fall on there seems to be inherent arrogance. It just seems a bit annoying and pointless to argue the issue.

So what do you think?

Btw not sure why this is under sexuality...that was a mistake.
I see a bunch of answers saying "Yes just don't ever bring it up." Yeah that solves it I guess but realistically It will come up eventually. I think such beleifs are part of who a person is, not all, but part. People should be on a lvl where they can discuss these things at least once, explain themselves with maturity and respect, and move on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly think it is vocal minority in each group that is more concerned with trying to feel superior than get along with others.

• True. That's part of it. I never understood what feeling superior really does? Ego trip?

• This one is good, short, accurate and to the point.

• Thanks for BA