Do you "go your own way"?

Do have your own logical opinion on things, or do you generally believe what other people tell you?

I feel like on gag, the latter is more common.

Most Helpful Girl

• I grew up a 'reject' and it's made me who I am now. I have learned to build my own perspective and research multiple viewpoints and conclude from experience what works best for me. I am reputably abnormal, but intelligent in approach. Neither optimist nor pessimist, I look at what's there and then root a bit deeper to find out what it means to ME and how it works in my sense of logic. I have personal standards and convictions and I'm not afraid to be a leader and an educator when the time calls for it and when I feel I'm adequately able to convey and demonstrate my purpose to others, while still giving them space to come to their own conclusions. My friends, family, and acquaintances would most definitely call me different. They've recently begun to decide my method as positive and for that, many come to me for a genuine and out of the box perspective. I'm a well practiced and aptly experienced solver because of my unwillingness to accept and conform unreasonably to status quo.

What Girls Said 15

• I'm Queen Megan of Meganaria.

• Silly question because most people will answer that they have their own logical opinion. No one wants to admit they're a sheep :P

• I observe, do a little research, then form my opinion based on the findings. Technically I'm believing someone about something, but I do my best to make sure it's legit first.

• I feel and tell by my observation. My brain is a little different and I sort of accept it.

• I usually go my own way . . . but I can't help not being influnced by other opinions :)

• Who do you usually relate to the most? Majority/minority.

• it really depends on the situation .

I realate to friends, siblings, parents . . :)

who do you relate to ?

• Majority on basic things; god, morality, science (practicality), reality, but when it comes to politics (country or just the people around me), personal situations, or influences I guess it depends on the type of people I'm around lol, I look at facts before I make decisions like that. I was just wondering because there were some people who said they 'disagreed with most humans' lol I didn't understand that.

More from Girls
10

What Guys Said 13

• I do my own thing, but quite frankly it hasn't failed me yet. I get praised by kids and adults a like about how wise and smart I am, especially when it comes to common sense. So I generally trust my judgment over others.

As far as factual knowledge, I also do my own research. Rarely to I just accept what I hear, even if its from a source I trust or would like to believe. Basically I'm the type that says show me your numbers, facts, statistics, history, research, etc. if you want me to accept your point, no matter how correct and logical it sounds.

• Lol okay.. Let me guess.. you don't believe in a higher power?

• Generally yes. Not necessarily with numbers though. For instance, making a decision about a potential date is what many people would consider a purely emotional decision, especially women. However, I approach such situations more scientifically. I evaluate the pros and cons of that person, examine their history and the facts, making a judgement as to whether they are a good mate, attractive or not. That doesn't mean I'm emotionless in such decisions, I just don't let them drive me.

• What this invariable means is I can honestly say I've rarely made any really poor decisions in my life, nor have I ever found myself in really sticky situations. When I do, I can recognize them immediately because of my ability to set aside emotions. Again, its a trait many people appreciate in me, especially those who don't have it. I rarely cause drama and I'm always a person to bounce ideas off of and get advice.

• Definitely have to go my own way.

We should pay attention to other peoples opinions because good information could be contained in them but ultimately we should all make our own decisions based on the evidence and our gut feeling (intellect + intuition).

• Well, that's a bit of an odd question for someone to answer about themselves. Everyone thinks they're unique, and most people think that others are the same.

I usually go my own way on gender issues, economics, and politics. I'm also a big Zeitgeist movement fan.

I "go my own way" in terms of spirituality, as least as far as the US is concerned, since I'm agnostic.

I "go my own way" when it comes to my own identity as well. I don't buy into most of that "macho" bullsh*t. It seems like some big guilt-based control scheme to keep guys acting the same so that they can send us off to die in their wars. Machismo makes killing machines and douche bags, not men.

I'm more of a goof, I suppose. I laugh a lot and appreciate all I can. No sense in denying your own potential happiness in order to appear "mature."

But I'd call myself a "conformist" when it comes to physics, chemistry, and mathematics. For obvious reasons. It all works the same way. And yes, evolution is a no-brainer.

• Whichever suits me at the time.

• I go with whatever makes most sense, which means I go on my own way about things.

More from Guys
8