• Ask
  • myTake

Edward Cullen

Why can't real guys be more like Edward Cullen in Twilight and New Moon movies? This world would be like heaven to girls =]Not the vampire thing. Just the way he looks at her and acts around her. Now you know why all girls fall in love with the movie Twilight and New Moon because a guy like Edward doesn't exist, sadly.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He resists the temptation of killing Bella and that amounts to resisting having sex. Plenty of real guys are like that in reality. He's overprotective and jealous and controlling, but not abusive. Meaning, you like those assholes that are like that in real life, but they tend to be abusive and you don't like that particular quality but continue to go back, despite the abuse. Edward's whole life revolves around Bella, but in real life you would feel smothered by this. Really, you want Edward Cullen because you're a typical female who finds all the bad guy qualities with the good guy perseverance and caring. That's the ultimate dream for a girl, right? Well, typically, your Edward is someone who will try to get you in bed at any cost, be overprotective and jealous, and make you seem like you're all he cares about because of his own insecurities and he'll beat you because of them, as well. See, what most females miss in those books is that Jacob is the ideal guy. Not only is he caring and observant, he's loyal and endearing. He's the same guy that girls tend to disregard and take advantage of (as in the books). Somehow, his love isn't good enough because he's not obsessed beyond reason and suicidal at the thought of losing you. Honest to God, those are the qualities of a user and abuser and you'd be well off avoiding anyone with a Twilight Edward persona. Fiction is one thing, reality is another. Any Edward Cullen you're likely to be with is dangerous because he'll most likely end up abusing you and taking advantage of you in some way or other. I'm not either of these characters in persona, but I find it discouraging that so many females want Edward, given the repulsive way real life guys of this type actually behave. Fantasy is fine, but I know females who have fallen for the character type and dealt with the consequences only too often. I'm just aghast at the amount of females that are likely to fall victim to this same persona now because of a fictional fantasy.I'd also like to know how women would react to certain unrealistic female persona put to page and/or movie form that guys thought were what women should be like. I'm sure the outcry would be just as evident.

• Awesome answer

• Show Older
    • I"ve been telling my Edward obsessed friends that he doesn't exist and Jacob is more of a typical guy! THANK YOU for breaking it down!!!

• Lately, in every book I read and TV show I watch, when there's a love triangle, the girl ALWAYS chooses the jerk over the nice guy. WHY?!?!

What Guys Said 88

• I don't get this, why do they like edward? in the first book/film he was a prick to her, he ignored her in class and told her to keep away and snapped at her, then people thought it was sweet because he wanted her to stay away so he wouldn't bite her? What were the good traits? If I remember he watched her sleep, now usually that gets people arrested but now its a sweet thing? He was protectve of her, but girls actually hate it if a guy is protective of her, because tey think he's 'clingy'. The only attraction is to the fact he is a vampire and the fact robert pattison plays him, if some fat guy played him it would be a different story, it would look creepy and not in the least bit sweet.

• Guess what. There ARE a ton of guys out there who have all the personality traits as Edward Cullen and treat girls the same way. But in real life, they come across as being overly clingy, obsessive, desperate, and borderline psychotic usually. Edward gets away with it because he's rich and handsome, and that, for some reason, changes everything.

• You can't be serious...

• Why can't you women be more like Cassadee Pope, Valerie Poxleitner, or Ashley Tisdale.

• What are the characteristics that he has that draw you to him? (I may take notes here.)

• Compassionate, strong, caring, protective, romantic.... He's a book character- No one can achieve ALL that but it would be nice for guys to have at least two of those qualities!

• Show Older
    • I think caring and compassionate are the biggest needed qualities! To have someone say I love you and mean it makes you all warm. Its like when I kiss this one boy, my heart skips beats because I can sense the compassion and the want. No one else is important the way you are important to them. The feeling of importance is amazing. No one could cheat on someone if they had these feelings.

• Hes strong, and caring, and protective, and nice, and mysterious, and damn he is friggin hott!!!!

• Why can't there be less Twilight freaks in the world

• There are too many dumb sluts who fall for any man's bullsh*t to get into their panties. It's the girls' faults, because they make it so easy for us.

• How could you like that guy? did you see the way he walked at the mtv movie awards he looked very insecure. I think you guys like the character in the movie not the actual actor. Yeah right you wouldn't like that, I bet if I stayed up on a tree staring at a girl through the window like in the movie I would get the police on my ass lol.Edward just gave off that mysterious vibe in the movie I guess that's why you girls like him.

• Himura Kenshin is a million times better-looking, and a million times nicer.

• Because we aren't all wanting to be souless ginger f***ers with pale skin that sparkles in the sunlight. Half ass vampire. Besides, he is kind of an ass really... and not the good kind either.

• Because edward cullen is unrealistic. He is the kinda guy that can never really exist. If anything Jacob is a better than Edward anyways! Edward treats Bella like sh*t!

• Because I enjoy being me... and most men feel the same way. To suggest something dumb like this is just hilarious... Ed C. is a character in a book turned sorry-ass movie... it's FANTASY... all men don't cheat, all men are in one way or another, a one-of-a-kind. The girl who wrote this question is obviously in love with the premise of love, and not the reality of love... Do you see me askin dumb questions like 'why caint all women be like Beyonce, or why all women caint be like Jenna Jameson/Jazmin St. Clair?' What a jacklegged, dumb way of seeing things that would be! Girls, don't be like the girl who wrote this question.. please! LMFAO

• U have a great point there.I really like the beyonce example.

• Ya damn skippy, hippy!

• Because the nice ones are always already taken! :-D

• The world would be full of stalking sparkling weirdos .Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that there's like 10 guys watching you sleep?i doubt you would smile

• Fuckin hilarious!

• Show Older
    • LOL

• Oh hell yeah

• What are you talking about? Who the hell is that and what does he do?

• He's the guy in twilight

• Maybe you could date the actor?

• The vampire part or the dark mysterious part?

• Never saw the move but from what I hear he's always saving her from something and even bossing her around. The reason this guy can't be more like Edward Cullen is that his behavior is morally wrong. I would rather die than do that (I'm serious about that)

• He's a fictional character get real.And before you start bad mouthing the male population how bout you get your nose out of a book and look around. Not all guys are d***s. You just gotta look hard enough-Deathecutioner

• Yes VERY VERY VERY HARD TO FIND A GUY THAT IS NOT A DICK I'm talking almost impossible

• Not at all.

• Bro, her name is edwardcullensgirl11... (let's ignore the fact that there are 10 other girls with the same username)She clearly thinks that every guy who isn't like this fictional guy is a d***. Straight up.

• Probably because it is a movie. Why can't more chicks suck d*** like the one in that porn movie I watched?

• often if guys acted as characters in love stories women would think they were obsessed, stalkers, weird, moving to fast. I've heard of guys attempting things done to win over or re win thier love interest and it typically has gone over poorly. I think that there is a fine line of how Cinematically romantic a guy can actually act. yea maybe guys should show more appreciation but E.C. is a lunatic

• ExactlyIf a guy ever did the things "Edward" did in that movie a restraining order would follow SOOOO fast....

• Men like Edward do exist, but they're hard to find ;) Same thing goes with girls. . -wiseman

• If men like edward exist I would like to mean one for once

• Because God is a guy and not every girl looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt...so I guess this isn't heaven :( Sorry just had to comment.

• Because not every guy is a movie star than can afford the training and hair cuts and make up 2 look like a movie star like that guy says why can't every girl be as hot as taylor swift or megan fox well those girls are beautiful they also have millions they can afford the latest look and training.Lol I also wish I looked like Edward some days but I don't I just work with what I have:) And I'm def not a cheating scum bag I always show a girl a great time and I would treat her like Edward does its just a lot of girls are wearded out by nice guys and unfortunatly It sucks but I'm still nice 2 them no matter what.

• Just for the record, if that's actually you in the pic, I'd take you over Edward Cullen any day! haha lol

• Show Older
    • LMFAO. damn dude, you've got these two females' hormones on overload haha.

• Flexing in the pic... but yet they disagree with your post =/ Ouch... double shut down but at the same time I can say I have an 8 pack of abs haha.I agree with timberlake

• Thats easy..because those guys do exist and they are called emo kids..haha. Plus women, especially young women, want a bad boy. Clearly that is not what this FICTIOUS character is. The truth is guys like that do exist, but theyre not vampires, so they go under the radar. They are sensitive and loving, but are considered less of a man for doing so. No one would say that to this fake vampire because he'd literally rip your face off. Plus he says a lot of things in that movie, that a regular guy couldn't get a away with because it comes off creepy. "I watch you while you sleep"...seriously dude! (I went and saw this with a woman I was seeing at the time) If I said that to a chick I was interested in, she'd excuse herself from the table and never come back. You don't like the guys character as much as you like the fact that he's a vampire...its ok to admit it.

• I'm young and I don't like bad boys. yeah, I would like to change the bad boy good but I would never want to be with him. maybe a friend, but not girlfriend.

• Show Older
    • Emo kids, LMAO. hilarious.

• EMO... hahahahahahahahahahaha you have me rolling... LOL

• I think this may be a contributing factor to the whole "There are no good guys out there" syndrome that girls get. I understand how girls have the fantasy-type of guy that will play some kind of adventurous/exciting role in their lives; no doubt guys have their fantasies too. But you have to be careful about comparing fantasies with real life, or even hinting at it. I think Yvonne Strahovski from 'Chuck' would be my fantasy girl, but I don't expect to meet a gorgeous, blonde, deadly super-spy in the real world. If you're expecting to meet a guy like Edward Cullen (like in his movie role), you won't. In fact, if you even met Edward Cullen you may find out he is a totally different person in real life (very likely). Is it normal to fantasize about fictional characters? Absolutely, in fact most people enjoy it. But it is a waste of time and effort to think a person can be like that in real life. Like I said, there's no problem with having fantasies, but you have to know where that reality line is drawn.

• Don't knw never saw the movie.

• Probably because Edward wants to eat her in more ways than one!

• because real guys aren't scripted.

• My best gal friend compared me to Edward, said I was a lot like him in the way I acted, does that mean she likes me sort of, as more than friends that is?

• Show More

What Girls Said 107

• I guess he looks alright.but I'm more into guys who play soccer and play the piano for some reason lol.Jensen Ackles (I think that's how you spell his name), is so so hot.guys are all hot for different reasons.I don't like the cookie-cutter hot traits though.

• I think I would move out of the country if there were more guys like Edward. I like guys that have nice hair and has a clean shave...Robert/Edward looks like he has yet to discover a shower and a comb. Plus, I don't want a guy with spray-on Abs. You like how he acts? his acting seems very awkward to me, I would never wish for a guy like Edward in a million years.

• meh, Edward is nice and all but he has his bad points too...you know like the stalker thing watching Bella while she sleeps. I'm more of Jacob fan wouldn't mind a boyfriend like Jacob minus all the anger management issues xD

• Because life just isn't like that. I'm not a huge fan anyway...

• Because vampires aren't acutally real!

• It's cause stupid girls don't get that people aren't perfect and can't see when a guy is being sweet or even better than Edward cause it needs to be exactly like what he did. Stop living in a book, if you actually read the book or you know what even just see the movies. Edward is like ever other guy, he breaks her heart and comes back and gets her in to trouble and causes family problems takes her away from her friends. Even he's not perfect and he's FICTION!

• TEAM JACOB! lol I liked this question :) I like jacobs non-perfection. his smile is also adorable! selena gomez is so lucky

• Actually if more guys were like Edward Cullen...I'd probably take a sawed off shotgun and...you get the idea.A lot of guys are not cheating scum bags, your being sexist.

• Men can be. Edward Cullen is a character played by a real, normal human being and...men are normal human beings.

• I'm terribly happy all guys aren't like him, as I can't stand him, the books, the series, or his behavior. Pattinson, I would take. Edward? Um, no. Sociopathic much, vamp-boy?

• lol nice question...I must admit that people took it way too seriously though... LOL

• I personally love Landon in A Walk To Remember. That is my dream man, but that's just me.

• Good choice. You brought up a great memory - thank you.

• Ha-ha, no problem.

• Why can't I be a vampire? :)

• He barely shows emotion on his face, his voice is always deadpan, he's angsty, he's not funny nor fun to be around, he's not all that good looking IMO (looks more like a boy than a man) and is just plain annoying. Seriously boy, smile and laugh once in a while, it's people like him in real life that just p*ss me off. Why can't people just be happy and have fun -.-PS. He's incredibly boring. I would probably claw my own eyes out just for fun if I had to speak with him.

• why can't all guys be vampires? because the whole world would turn into vampires...

• hes UGLY

• I think he's UGLY!

• i don't get the point. I don't like edward. he is fake and obnoxious. all he ever thinks about is himself. he wanted bella and he did what he could (after the beginning of the book) to get her. he hooked her in. not saying anythings wrong with that, I know love at first sight is out there, but this is a fictional character, he isn't real. you can imagine every guy out there is like him but then you would never meet the "true" one for you. edward is fictional and that's that. you may meet a guy like him and that's ok. but he is fictional and I don't see the point in chasing someone who won't be there in the end. sorry, but its the truth. and I won't hide behind an anonymous status. you have something to say to me, message me.

• great. another fanatic. did you read the books yet? the movie is nothing compared to the book. I'm fine if you read the books before even knowing that it was going to be a movie, but don't go psycho because you saw the movie. that's pathetic.

• My friends and I were talking about this a little. It pretty much came down to this:1. Although it's a little cool that he sparkles in the sunlight, that would be extremely distracting and a total safety hazard while driving.2. When you really think about, some of the things Edward does is kind of creepy. He's always sort of there. That night when Bella went to go shopping with her two friends, he followed her. He also watched her sleep without her knowledge for a bit. That's just weird. I don't know about you, but I don't want a boyfriend who follows me and watched me while I sleep.3. Edward was pretty much perfect. Although perfection seems nice, I couldn't date a guy that was perfect. I would constantly feel like a clumsy idiot when around him and then there could be resentment for that. That wouldn't be good for the relationship.There are plenty of guys out there who are just as nice and kind as Edward though. But they get passed up. I have about a dozen guy friends who could be a girl's Edward, but they aren't given the chance. If you're looking for a full on Edward then I suggest you keep reading, because guys like that only exist in books.

• Ah- tousche! #3 - if he is perfect and dating you, why wouldn't he be off with someone else? Truth, there is resentment on your behalf, but at the same time respect the time you have with him and enjoy it as much as possible.Great comment, very wise! B- Read =)

• Omg, I know this question I OOOLLLLDDDD, but still... I just want an excuse to brag :PI'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who's a lot like Edward, but I'd NEVER tell him that (he HATES twilight) roflHe opens doors for me, carries my things for me, pays for me, and is constantly checking to make sure I'm okay and not bored or feeling awkward (coz I'm very shy). He's polite to EVERYONE, even when they're rude back... We're both virgins and he wants to keep it that way till he's sure I'm comfortable with the idea... He's always protective of me, and never lets me wait alone at the bus station after 6pm, he'll even drive me the half hour home if he has the fuel... He looks at me like I'm the most beautiful thing on earth (it really is sweet <3 ) and is constantly telling me how beautiful I am... He's actually MORE gentlemanly than Edward Cullen... and he's REAL :)Oh, not to mention that when he first told me he loves me, it was after a big and long, really sweet and romantic speach about what it means to be in love. And just like Edward, he even speaks with "proper" english most of the time (but without the accent lol)But my awesome boyfriend is better than Edward; he trusts me more than Edward ever tusted Bella, and he's never once made me feel unloved. But then again, he doesn't lust for my blood. Just me... XDIf I had to pick what my perfect guy would be, I'd choose my boyfriend over Edward Cullen any day. Maybe with super-strength and sparkly skin though :P because that's just plain cool XD

• Yah and apparently... jacob and edward both like BELLA of all people.. that's just the worst part of it all...

• There are guys that have some of those same qualities, but I think everyone needs to step back and remember that we are talking about a FICTIONAL charater.

• I'm glad men like that are rare, because he's an abusive sack of sh*t that deserves to live alone for eternity. And Edward Cullen is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Are you that obsessed that you literally think that's what relationships are like? Well, you're sorely mistaken.

• Ew he's ugly and I don't go for the brooding, emo type. Speak for yourself!

• I can't lie I do like Edward but I don't want my guy to be like him! I like badd boys /good boys :)

• bad/good guys, I'm confused what else is there and he definitely was a good guy in the movies

• Ha the world would be like hell to me personally.

• Because the world is f***ed up enough as it is...and he ain't that special, actually he isn't appealing to me at all. Sure, I like a good biting now and then, but real, human boys can do it just fine.

• Is that some kind of sick joke? He's a stalker. If I EVER woke up and saw a guy watching me sleep, no matter how much I liked him, I'd throw the nearest heavy object at him. And he's SUPPOSED to be the perfect guy? Please. He has no depth to his character. His personality revolves around Bella, which would disgust me. He's super human. So what? Girls that think Edward is the perfect guy are seriously deluded. Ok, he has the strong-smart-affectionate thing going, but, really, a guy that's perfect ALL the time would annoy me to no end. And he pretty much destroyed all of Bella's friendships by pretty much keeping a leash on her. A guy that restrictive? No thanks.Edward sets an unrealistic standard for boyfriends. There are so many guys that are amazing in their own way, but they'd get passed up because they're not Edward-like, and so many girls chase after guys and get crushed, because she's convinced that the guy she's chasing is her Edward, and he either doesn't like her or turns out to be a jerk. It's really a double-standard, because you'd probably be downright offended if someone told you to be like some scantly-clad, large-chested model who can sing, cook, do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, and play a plethora of sports. Not exactly realistic.

• And my friends and I nearly died laughing through all the "romantic" scenes. The movie was hilarious, because it's SO unrealistic. Being Edward-like has ruined as many relationships as it has created, because, at some point, most girls will be sketched out.

• >Is that some kind of sick joke? He's a stalker.This answer is full of win.

• i would love to have a man like edward cullen! but I think I'm more of a jacob fan in the way that jacob Never left Bella, except when he was becoming a werewolf..but that was different. just thinking about it! I love jacob!

• Show More