Edward Cullen

Why can't real guys be more like Edward Cullen in Twilight and New Moon movies? This world would be like heaven to girls =]Not the vampire thing. Just the way he looks at her and acts around her. Now you know why all girls fall in love with the movie Twilight and New Moon because a guy like Edward doesn't exist, sadly.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He resists the temptation of killing Bella and that amounts to resisting having sex. Plenty of real guys are like that in reality. He's overprotective and jealous and controlling, but not abusive. Meaning, you like those assholes that are like that in real life, but they tend to be abusive and you don't like that particular quality but continue to go back, despite the abuse. Edward's whole life revolves around Bella, but in real life you would feel smothered by this. Really, you want Edward Cullen because you're a typical female who finds all the bad guy qualities with the good guy perseverance and caring. That's the ultimate dream for a girl, right? Well, typically, your Edward is someone who will try to get you in bed at any cost, be overprotective and jealous, and make you seem like you're all he cares about because of his own insecurities and he'll beat you because of them, as well. See, what most females miss in those books is that Jacob is the ideal guy. Not only is he caring and observant, he's loyal and endearing. He's the same guy that girls tend to disregard and take advantage of (as in the books). Somehow, his love isn't good enough because he's not obsessed beyond reason and suicidal at the thought of losing you. Honest to God, those are the qualities of a user and abuser and you'd be well off avoiding anyone with a Twilight Edward persona. Fiction is one thing, reality is another. Any Edward Cullen you're likely to be with is dangerous because he'll most likely end up abusing you and taking advantage of you in some way or other. I'm not either of these characters in persona, but I find it discouraging that so many females want Edward, given the repulsive way real life guys of this type actually behave. Fantasy is fine, but I know females who have fallen for the character type and dealt with the consequences only too often. I'm just aghast at the amount of females that are likely to fall victim to this same persona now because of a fictional fantasy.I'd also like to know how women would react to certain unrealistic female persona put to page and/or movie form that guys thought were what women should be like. I'm sure the outcry would be just as evident.

• Lately, in every book I read and TV show I watch, when there's a love triangle, the girl ALWAYS chooses the jerk over the nice guy. WHY?!?!

• I"ve been telling my Edward obsessed friends that he doesn't exist and Jacob is more of a typical guy! THANK YOU for breaking it down!!!

• You rock! This is the best assessment of the Twilight Edward madness I've ever seen. You should get Best Answer. :)

• Show Older

What Guys Said 88

• Himura Kenshin is a million times better-looking, and a million times nicer.

• That's the problem with whiny girls like you, you like feminine sensitive boys not real men

• Because we aren't all wanting to be souless ginger f***ers with pale skin that sparkles in the sunlight. Half ass vampire. Besides, he is kind of an ass really... and not the good kind either.

• I actually never got the appeal of Edward. He seems like a self-obsessed post-melodramatic prudent asshat, to me. Otherwise, I'm a movie character just like him, so I am a bit like that, hahahaha.Also, to be noted, this is the first thread I've seen that says 'More than a year ago'. Awesomeee.

• Don't knw never saw the movie.

• Why can't you women be more like Cassadee Pope, Valerie Poxleitner, or Ashley Tisdale.

• Probably because Edward wants to eat her in more ways than one!

• so you want guys to get in a relationship with you and then leave you for about a year so you have to do crazy stuff to see them?

• Well, I personally know a lot of guys that would probably be BETTER than this Edward guy (i'm not fond of twilight). However...These guys I know aren't "bad boys" which girls seem to be attracted to these days...If you date a "bad boy" then you going to be treated badly. And plus if you wanna get into lore of the movie, Edward has been around for one hundred years+ which means he has A LOT of experience with women.

• Edward is the product of more than 100 years of living, and also stuck in a teenager's body. Now, I have my own opinions about twilight and it's quality (I think it sucks) but Edward's character, opinions, and the way he handles himself are the product of his experiences, which he's had more than one hundred years of. He's had over a century to perfect his technique around women, to experiment, and to learn what works and what doesn't. No other guy has.I think it's worth noting that Robert Pattinson himself has come out as saying he personally dislikes the character (source: link ) so I'm afraid he's only close to Edward in appearance.So, you know, if you want Edward Cullen, you're going to have to keep dreaming for a 100 year old man who looks like Robert Pattinson.(I'm aware Edward's meant to be a teenager at heart, but either way, a teenager with 100 years of experience doesn't really count)

• Guys like that usually get girls bored. Of course for a while some may be interested, but the whole being too gentle and respectful eventually gets most girls bored. It's always good to be unpredictable, mistery is exciting. I'm not saying that you should be unrespectful or rude to your girl, but adding some bad boy attitude to the mix every now and then it's the way to go.

• Because we live in a place called "reality"...at least you can feed a guy like that once a month... wink wink .

• Never saw the move but from what I hear he's always saving her from something and even bossing her around. The reason this guy can't be more like Edward Cullen is that his behavior is morally wrong. I would rather die than do that (I'm serious about that)

• because real guys aren't scripted.

• he is meant to be the perfect guy from a woman's perspective. imagine if twilight were written by a man.

• Hahah that would have been funny..

• He's a fictional character get real.And before you start bad mouthing the male population how bout you get your nose out of a book and look around. Not all guys are d***s. You just gotta look hard enough-Deathecutioner

• Bro, her name is edwardcullensgirl11... (let's ignore the fact that there are 10 other girls with the same username)She clearly thinks that every guy who isn't like this fictional guy is a d***. Straight up.

• Not at all.

• Yes VERY VERY VERY HARD TO FIND A GUY THAT IS NOT A DICK I'm talking almost impossible

• Probably because it is a movie. Why can't more chicks suck d*** like the one in that porn movie I watched?

• Why can't there be less Twilight freaks in the world

• often if guys acted as characters in love stories women would think they were obsessed, stalkers, weird, moving to fast. I've heard of guys attempting things done to win over or re win thier love interest and it typically has gone over poorly. I think that there is a fine line of how Cinematically romantic a guy can actually act. yea maybe guys should show more appreciation but E.C. is a lunatic

• ExactlyIf a guy ever did the things "Edward" did in that movie a restraining order would follow SOOOO fast....

• My best gal friend compared me to Edward, said I was a lot like him in the way I acted, does that mean she likes me sort of, as more than friends that is?

• I wish he did exist, so we could stake him. or get some of that vampire blood to sell true blood style. Red gold. I tells ya! Transylvania tea!

• Haha lovin the true blood

• HA! GREAT! XD

• Sorry but its just that, a movie/book. I personally don't like the Twilight series don't get why people are so hoped up on that movie/book

• in the twilight he's kind of a creeper, just like sitting beside her, and like staring at her. and then he watches her sleep...i think all the guys like that are mental...

• Because edward cullen is unrealistic. He is the kinda guy that can never really exist. If anything Jacob is a better than Edward anyways! Edward treats Bella like sh*t!

• 100 year old man, dating a 16 year old girl... I have a little more dignity then that.

• I don't get this, why do they like edward? in the first book/film he was a prick to her, he ignored her in class and told her to keep away and snapped at her, then people thought it was sweet because he wanted her to stay away so he wouldn't bite her? What were the good traits? If I remember he watched her sleep, now usually that gets people arrested but now its a sweet thing? He was protectve of her, but girls actually hate it if a guy is protective of her, because tey think he's 'clingy'. The only attraction is to the fact he is a vampire and the fact robert pattison plays him, if some fat guy played him it would be a different story, it would look creepy and not in the least bit sweet.

• It's people who put those kinds of expectations for people out there that add to our degradation of society. No one can be perfect.

• Because Edward Cullen is a seriously overprotective creep. He doesn't just look at her, he stares like she's an alien, and he's always acting like a recluse who has no idea what to do. He doesn't love her - it's lust. We have guys just like that. Girls fall in love with Edward because he's good looking (I disagree) and he's a vampire, which gives him all these super skills.

• Its called hollywood magic ladies...alot of this stuff is so over exaggerated...

• A lot of real guys are like Edward Cullen. Maybe not rich with perfect looks but in the ways that should count.Why does it need to be on a big screen for girls to SEE it? Chances are, ladies, you've got an Edward or a Jacob in your life but they don't look like Robert Pattinson or drive a luxury car so you don't see him.Think about it.

• We could have Edwards and Jacobs In our life but we never see them because they never let us see them. Their always hiding.

• Cause most of us are assholes.

• I like your answer!

• Oh yeah I totally wish I was some emo vampire. That would be awesome... BS! Ugh! Look I'm sorry for being an ass, but honestly its a movie and book, it will never be reality so stop wishing for it. I'm sorry, but die hard Twilight fans really irritate me.

• Dude that would be sick except instead of it being called die hard it would be DIE TWILIGHT and Bruce Willis would be wooping sparkly emo vampire ass and the vampires would also have bad German accents. And he would make the werewolves look like complete pussies too. That would be sick.

• Woah, I think we've struck gold here... Twilight and Die Hard... John McClane as a Vampire hunter...

• Guys like that do exist but human nature is not attracted to someone who is willing to just lay it all down. Many times have I seen a beautiful woman mistreated and stays with the ugly asshole. I will say this, if you continue to look for movie romance you are going to find a liar and a cheater 90% of the time. Movies and stories give hope to the hopeless and I still think Disney royally f***ed everyone as a kid and led them into false hope. I'm not saying love doesn't happen or life can't be romantic but it doesn't happen overnight. I haven't seen the movie nor read the book but know enough girls to get the jist. If you want a romantic chivalrous guy, just wait, be patient, and just keep trying but not too hard. There are red flags to watch out for and things that can hint you as to how the person is going to be. A perfect person won't fall into your lap, you have to get your heart broken and break some hearts to find the one that works with yours, figuratively speaking. Get out there and date. Best of luck.

• Yeah I think Disney is pretty ducked up too. I think it was a decent company until walt died and the new people in charge use Disney to brain wash kids. They're ruining the future of us all.

• This is a fabulous response and very well written. Good job!

• because they're human?

• you mean dead?

• There aren't any girls like Bella either, sadly.

• Self-absorbed, weak, obsessive, hormonal and confused? Somehow I beg to differ.

• How so? she is just awkward lol

• Thank Goodness!

• I think it's kind of funny that you call him Edward Cullen instead of his real name. Edward Cullen doesn't exist! When people talk about Robert Pattinson, why do they always call him by his character's name? I don't go around saying "I really like Jeniffer's Body", I say "I really like Megan Fox."

• I like Jenna Jameson. Do you know why guys go crazy for her? Because at the most random moments, and for no apparent reason, she can't resist the urge to suck the c0ck of the guy closest to her in the room. Why can't all girls be this way? We'll call it chivalrous and make you feel good for doing it. And we'll make you feel guilty and like a bad person for not doing it; while vilifying what you want and what's important to you, so that we mold you into catering to our wants. De ja vous?

• I always treat each girl with the same level of respect they treat me with. I always open doors to girls who also open doors for me. I don't go out of my way for people who feel entitled to or demand my chivalry. That way nobody is used or taken advantage of. Otherwise, being upset that you're not getting oneway chivalry is like being upset that men aren't your slaves and refuse to worship you or cater and pamper the needs of every princess that walks by. Would you be that way to all or any guy?

• LOL sorry, I'm one of those dudes that let doors hit women in the face. I guess I don't get it...?

• Show Older
  • Twilight sucks.

• Thank you!

• Twilight is soooo retarded, if anything I'd watch True Blood.

• Seconded! True Blood owns twilight. This series outshines your androgynous sparkling vampires.

• TRUE BLOOD FTW!!

• You watch too many movies. Your expectations are way to high there are a lot of guys that are pretty cool and don't cheat or act like jerks. So either you have extremely high expectation or you hang out with the wrong people. Also his a vampire who kills people why would you want people to act like that.

• Show More

What Girls Said 107

• i think that guys don't have that much confidence to act like that around girls. its just acting,but omg if they did act like that I would be so happy:)

• Because vampires aren't acutally real!

• I think I would move out of the country if there were more guys like Edward. I like guys that have nice hair and has a clean shave...Robert/Edward looks like he has yet to discover a shower and a comb. Plus, I don't want a guy with spray-on Abs. You like how he acts? his acting seems very awkward to me, I would never wish for a guy like Edward in a million years.

• Look hun, noo guy in the world is exactly like him, he's fictional, not just the vampire stuff but in evrything else too. Guys won't be like that because they aren't, they all have a flaw that you'll despise or dislike. You can't help it, It's just Human Nature. It's not healthy for women too be so caught up int here stories, I mean it's great to read and all but to believe that there would actually be a guy exactly like Edward Culllen, it's impossible, And us, woman, put our expectations high and that actually makes it harder for both mean and woman to find love, Men's expectations are lower, Wayy, Lower, I'm not saying we should have the expectations of a goldfish but you can't expect evry guy to be like Edward Cullen. And Not every girl likes guy like Edward Cullen. :) Hope I helped :)

• HAHAHAHAHA! Okay, I'm sorry... I actually kind of agree. I would love myself an Edward Cullen. But you've got to learn to work with what you have... There are tons of great, non-fictional guys out there! I promise!

• Omg, I know this question I OOOLLLLDDDD, but still... I just want an excuse to brag :PI'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who's a lot like Edward, but I'd NEVER tell him that (he HATES twilight) roflHe opens doors for me, carries my things for me, pays for me, and is constantly checking to make sure I'm okay and not bored or feeling awkward (coz I'm very shy). He's polite to EVERYONE, even when they're rude back... We're both virgins and he wants to keep it that way till he's sure I'm comfortable with the idea... He's always protective of me, and never lets me wait alone at the bus station after 6pm, he'll even drive me the half hour home if he has the fuel... He looks at me like I'm the most beautiful thing on earth (it really is sweet <3 ) and is constantly telling me how beautiful I am... He's actually MORE gentlemanly than Edward Cullen... and he's REAL :)Oh, not to mention that when he first told me he loves me, it was after a big and long, really sweet and romantic speach about what it means to be in love. And just like Edward, he even speaks with "proper" english most of the time (but without the accent lol)But my awesome boyfriend is better than Edward; he trusts me more than Edward ever tusted Bella, and he's never once made me feel unloved. But then again, he doesn't lust for my blood. Just me... XDIf I had to pick what my perfect guy would be, I'd choose my boyfriend over Edward Cullen any day. Maybe with super-strength and sparkly skin though :P because that's just plain cool XD

• Yah and apparently... jacob and edward both like BELLA of all people.. that's just the worst part of it all...

• I so love the part where he says he wants to save sex for marriage! I wish all guys were like that!

• There are guys that have some of those same qualities, but I think everyone needs to step back and remember that we are talking about a FICTIONAL charater.

• A nightmarish reality in which I would not want to live.

• to be honest, guys like the character Edward Cullen DO EXIST!I had a guy that was exactly like him, acted EXACTLY the same...and like in "new moon" - he left me...and still hasn't come back...You don't want a Edward, as much as you love him and don't want to let his love go...Im looking for my Jacob, because 'Edward' hurt me so bad.

• BECAUSE HES A F***ING FAGGOT, GIRLS SHOULD REALLY GET OVER THIS F***ING DUCHE BAG LOL, LIKE HES A FRIGGEN VAMPIRE FOR GOD SAKES, AND THATS JUST A FAIRY TALE. GUYS ARNT LIKE THAT. SO JUST FORGET ABOUT ITTT

• I do not understand why girls are so crazy about Edward. First of all, this question is a fail for just being Twilight related. But, out of curiosity, I read the first few books and I don't get the Edward hype. He's controlling, he's so white and looks like he wears lipstick, he's old as sh*t, he breaks Bella's heart, and he has this constant urge to kill her or drink her blood. Yeah, real romantic... -.-OH! And real men don't sparkle. Hop off the Edward train and go find a real man.

• I think you are being ridiculous comparing men to a FICTIONAL character. besides in the movie doesn't he break into her room to watch her sleep? oh no that's not creepy at all

• He barely shows emotion on his face, his voice is always deadpan, he's angsty, he's not funny nor fun to be around, he's not all that good looking IMO (looks more like a boy than a man) and is just plain annoying. Seriously boy, smile and laugh once in a while, it's people like him in real life that just p*ss me off. Why can't people just be happy and have fun -.-PS. He's incredibly boring. I would probably claw my own eyes out just for fun if I had to speak with him.

• yah edward cullen is terribly cute and protective and sweet and yah there are a lot of d*** guys out there but once you find te guy for you he'll be like your edward cullen even with his imperfections but you won't care about those and you certainly won't be thinking about edward cullen

• i know right! edward cullen is the perfect guy!

• the hot thing about edward cullen is that he's pretty much horny all the time and still really cute and protective of bella ;) and faithful no matter what.he could be alil more witty and playful tho lol

• Short answer... Because the Twilight Saga was written by a woman. Ideally a girl wants a guy to dote on her. To adore her. She wants to be the center of his universe. Girls... snap out of it. Men are not capable of being like this and surviving outside of the movie set. Guys are suppose to be strong and appear strong. When they act like that, other guys look at them as weak (IE. people always associate sensitive men with being gay). I agree some guys need to be more chivalrous, but there are other things they have to do that do not include petting their girlfriends. Let your guy be manly in public. He can be your in private. As an aside... When a man that loves you 100%, and is not just trying to figure out a way to get into your pants, you will see that he genuinely cares by his actions. You will see that he will take a lot of abuse from other men while he "woos" you. He will start to choose you over doing things with his friends. He will be distracted at work. He will text or call more than usual... Sad part is... More often than not, you will pass that guy up because you are hung up on a guy that is not paying attention to you... Why you ask? Because it is human nature to want what we can't have. It is a challenge. This is why love is so painful.

• Well because first Edward is so freaking old and second he can't hear her thoughts. so he's curious abt her. I mean imagine being able to hear ur partners thoughts, sounds awesome but if you really think abt it there won't be any excitements left in the relationship. But I totally get what you mean though :-)

• Speaking as a girl, Edward is quite a sissy..n let's not forget that the author is a woman

• No, I do not want my men to be dead pedophiles, thanks.

• i agree with deathecutioner..dont sit around waiting for ur "prince" to find u..get out there and show him what you got..

• Because Edward cullen is a creeper. How romanitc, he watches me while I sleep...the whole time. He sneaks into my house all the time too! This is reality. Not some fantasy world. Here, when that happens, the gal calls the cops and Edwards off with a restraining order against him.P.s. Jacob is way better. Everybody always loves the best friend. Maybe not in the same way but...& Not all girls fell in love with the Twilight Saga.

• I would die if the world was full of Edward Cullens. He is so feminine, corney, polite. He is kind of a pussy. I need a REAL man. Like my boyfriend. Honestly, I'm going to defend the guys out there because when they love their woman, you can tell just by looking at the way he looks at her and acts around her, I see it all the time with my friends with great relationships. That's WAY better than freaking Edward Cullen, cause it's real and it's based off of a real connection, not because the girl is the only mind he can't read, f***ing dumb. Did you know that guys are more likely to commit suicide after a break up than a girl is? Yeah THAT'S how deep a real life guy's connection can be with a girl. I love the way my boyfriend looks at me and acts around me, and I love everything else too, in my opinion it's WAY better than the relationship Bella gets from Edward. I read the books, there is NOTHING special about Edward or how he treats the girl, it's not especially romantic, it's just especially annoying and way too grossly corney and dramatic and stupid. Ughhhhh.

• Everything a girl could ever want is in Edward Cullen!Protective, romantic, handsome, mysterious, serious, compassionte, loving, caring EVERYTHING! But as my boyfriend put it (he gets jealous of Edward Cullen cause I am in love with him) I'm actually in love with the author for she is the one who made Edward Cullen! Kinda weird there huh? Lol

• Personally I think Edward Cullen is a jerk.Jacob is more of my type of guy.My boyfriend though, is a perfect combination of the two<3He's protective,loving,playful. Perfection!

• I sooooooo agree

• He may act like that sometimes, but he also watches her in her sleep, and mentally abuses her. That's possessive stalker behavior, and those guys exist :P

• I'm glad men like that are rare, because he's an abusive sack of sh*t that deserves to live alone for eternity. And Edward Cullen is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Are you that obsessed that you literally think that's what relationships are like? Well, you're sorely mistaken.

• hahahahha it's actually quite funny... that you asked this... because there is a simple answer... being that he is a fictional fantasy character... whose traits are made up...YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

• It's cause stupid girls don't get that people aren't perfect and can't see when a guy is being sweet or even better than Edward cause it needs to be exactly like what he did. Stop living in a book, if you actually read the book or you know what even just see the movies. Edward is like ever other guy, he breaks her heart and comes back and gets her in to trouble and causes family problems takes her away from her friends. Even he's not perfect and he's FICTION!

• Yes, I will admit that some of the things Edward says to Bella are very sweet. One of my favorite quotes in New Moon is said by Edward ("Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonlight night. Very dark, but there were stars -- point of light and reason. Then you shot across my sky like a meteor") and I'm sure if a guy said that to me, I'd probably go weak in the knees. I really liked Edward when I saw the movie and read the books the first time around. Then I was like, Edward is pretty creepy at times and overprotective and controlling. He tried to tell her she couldn't be friends with Jacob. He watched her sleep for months. He took apart her truck so she couldn't go and visit Jacob. Those are not qualities I desire in a boyfriend at all.I gotta say that I am 100% Team Jacob. People will fight and say that Jacob trying to come in between Bella and Edward is wrong and selfish, and how dare he? But Jacob was trying to look out for her, and it was hard for him to see her with Edward after how close he'd gotten to her. He was just trying to fight for the girl he cared for. Like Edward says in Eclipse, Jacob was the one to stitch Bella back up. Not to mention, Jacob is funny.. he isn't overly cheesy. He can be sweet but still be non-cheesy at the same time. Initially I did fall in love with Edward and Bella's love, but I am Team Jacob and my heart just hurts for Jacob when you feel the pain he has to go through cause he is in love with Bella and she chooses Edward over him. I feel for him when in New Moon Bella says to him, "Jake, I love you.. but please.. don't make me choose, because it will be him. It's always been him".

• Meh, You don't really want a guy like that. Real men are so much more rewarding.Also, men shouldn't be expected to be more like Cullen just like women shouldn't be expected to be more like...whoever it is that men like these days. We should only expect for the other person to be themselves. We should love each other for who we are not because we wish they were more like a fictional character in a Hollywood movie.

• Wow, people get totally worked up about Twilight Edward Cullen! I bet you didn't think you'd get this many answers! lol I confess I'm a little obsessed with the whole saga myself and I've got a crush on Robert Pattinson along with 50 trillion other girls and I can't wait to see Jacob in New Moon.The thing I love about Edward is the way he looks at Bella (obviously, Rob Pattinson looking at Kristen Stewart). Such intensity and total desire.I think that's why we all love this guy...we want someone to want us with that much passion. We want someone to look at us that way.Maybe they do and we just don't see it? Maybe we should write in a journal and put to paper real stories of real guys who aren't necessarily Edward but the way they feel about us is the same. And have somebody follow him around with a video camera so you can capture the way he looks at you when you aren't looking. Guys aren't supposed to show too much emotion so maybe it's in their eyes and on their face when no one else is looking. Spy Cam Pen - maybe you already have your Edward!

• I think there are some things you can take away from the movie that are good, though everyone gets that Bella and Edward are both idealized characters. I think the idea that people should wait for someone who is really in to them and that both parties to a relationship should be in to each other is great. The idea that people can and should make sure they are with someone they enjoy without any sex involved. Beyond that the movie is just a yummy (from a girls perspective) romantic escapist treat to have fun with but nothing more.

• LMAO! this is soo funny! :) he is awesome! yet, so pale... He needs a tan

• Men can be. Edward Cullen is a character played by a real, normal human being and...men are normal human beings.

• meh, Edward is nice and all but he has his bad points too...you know like the stalker thing watching Bella while she sleeps. I'm more of Jacob fan wouldn't mind a boyfriend like Jacob minus all the anger management issues xD

• because if all boys were as perfect in character as Edward Cullen life would be BORING yeah it's a nice dream but being not perfect with a 100% perfect guy that never does anything wrong would just cause problems...I think that everyone is unique in their own way and that dating someone that perfect would just get old,yeah sure you wouldn't have to worry about them doing anything wrong because their just "perfect"But how can you define "perfect" when everyone's opinion on what is attractive in the opposite sex (or same sex depending on your preference) rather varies?I mean sometimes we have the similar likes in someone as someone else but in the end our level of "perfection" in the interest varies drastically.So maybe Twilight Edward Cullen is perfect to you but I think he has his own flaws in reality.

• Show More