Edward Cullen

Why can't real guys be more like Edward Cullen in Twilight and New Moon movies? This world would be like heaven to girls =]

Not the vampire thing. Just the way he looks at her and acts around her. Now you know why all girls fall in love with the movie Twilight and New Moon because a guy like Edward doesn't exist, sadly.

Most Helpful Guy

• He resists the temptation of killing Bella and that amounts to resisting having sex. Plenty of real guys are like that in reality.

He's overprotective and jealous and controlling, but not abusive. Meaning, you like those assholes that are like that in real life, but they tend to be abusive and you don't like that particular quality but continue to go back, despite the abuse.

Edward's whole life revolves around Bella, but in real life you would feel smothered by this.

Really, you want Edward Cullen because you're a typical female who finds all the bad guy qualities with the good guy perseverance and caring. That's the ultimate dream for a girl, right?

Well, typically, your Edward is someone who will try to get you in bed at any cost, be overprotective and jealous, and make you seem like you're all he cares about because of his own insecurities and he'll beat you because of them, as well.

See, what most females miss in those books is that Jacob is the ideal guy. Not only is he caring and observant, he's loyal and endearing. He's the same guy that girls tend to disregard and take advantage of (as in the books). Somehow, his love isn't good enough because he's not obsessed beyond reason and suicidal at the thought of losing you.

Honest to God, those are the qualities of a user and abuser and you'd be well off avoiding anyone with a Twilight Edward persona. Fiction is one thing, reality is another.

Any Edward Cullen you're likely to be with is dangerous because he'll most likely end up abusing you and taking advantage of you in some way or other. I'm not either of these characters in persona, but I find it discouraging that so many females want Edward, given the repulsive way real life guys of this type actually behave.

Fantasy is fine, but I know females who have fallen for the character type and dealt with the consequences only too often. I'm just aghast at the amount of females that are likely to fall victim to this same persona now because of a fictional fantasy.

I'd also like to know how women would react to certain unrealistic female persona put to page and/or movie form that guys thought were what women should be like. I'm sure the outcry would be just as evident.

• Awesome answer

• I"ve been telling my Edward obsessed friends that he doesn't exist and Jacob is more of a typical guy! THANK YOU for breaking it down!!!

• Lately, in every book I read and TV show I watch, when there's a love triangle, the girl ALWAYS chooses the jerk over the nice guy. WHY?!?!

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 89

• This is a troll right? I mean this seems to me like an obvious troll.

• Thats easy..because those guys do exist and they are called emo kids..haha. Plus women, especially young women, want a bad boy. Clearly that is not what this FICTIOUS character is. The truth is guys like that do exist, but theyre not vampires, so they go under the radar. They are sensitive and loving, but are considered less of a man for doing so. No one would say that to this fake vampire because he'd literally rip your face off. Plus he says a lot of things in that movie, that a regular guy couldn't get a away with because it comes off creepy. "I watch you while you sleep"...seriously dude! (I went and saw this with a woman I was seeing at the time) If I said that to a chick I was interested in, she'd excuse herself from the table and never come back. You don't like the guys character as much as you like the fact that he's a vampire...its ok to admit it.

• I'm young and I don't like bad boys. yeah, I would like to change the bad boy good but I would never want to be with him. maybe a friend, but not girlfriend.

• Emo kids, LMAO. hilarious.

• EMO... hahahahahahahahahahaha you have me rolling... LOL

• I think this may be a contributing factor to the whole "There are no good guys out there" syndrome that girls get. I understand how girls have the fantasy-type of guy that will play some kind of adventurous/exciting role in their lives; no doubt guys have their fantasies too. But you have to be careful about comparing fantasies with real life, or even hinting at it. I think Yvonne Strahovski from 'Chuck' would be my fantasy girl, but I don't expect to meet a gorgeous, blonde, deadly super-spy in the real world. If you're expecting to meet a guy like Edward Cullen (like in his movie role), you won't. In fact, if you even met Edward Cullen you may find out he is a totally different person in real life (very likely). Is it normal to fantasize about fictional characters? Absolutely, in fact most people enjoy it. But it is a waste of time and effort to think a person can be like that in real life. Like I said, there's no problem with having fantasies, but you have to know where that reality line is drawn.

• Men like Edward do exist, but they're hard to find ;) Same thing goes with girls. .

-wiseman

• Because not every guy is a movie star than can afford the training and hair cuts and make up 2 look like a movie star like that guy says why can't every girl be as hot as taylor swift or megan fox well those girls are beautiful they also have millions they can afford the latest look and training.Lol I also wish I looked like Edward some days but I don't I just work with what I have:) And I'm def not a cheating scum bag I always show a girl a great time and I would treat her like Edward does its just a lot of girls are wearded out by nice guys and unfortunatly It sucks but I'm still nice 2 them no matter what.

• Just for the record, if that's actually you in the pic, I'd take you over Edward Cullen any day!

haha lol

• LMFAO. damn dude, you've got these two females' hormones on overload haha.

• Flexing in the pic... but yet they disagree with your post =/ Ouch... double shut down but at the same time I can say I have an 8 pack of abs haha.

I agree with timberlake

More from Guys
84

What Girls Said 107

• Why can't I be a vampire? :)

• Actually if more guys were like Edward Cullen...

I'd probably take a sawed off shotgun and...you get the idea.

A lot of guys are not cheating scum bags, your being sexist.

• I'm terribly happy all guys aren't like him, as I can't stand him, the books, the series, or his behavior. Pattinson, I would take. Edward? Um, no. Sociopathic much, vamp-boy?

• Ha the world would be like hell to me personally.

• Omg, I know this question I OOOLLLLDDDD, but still... I just want an excuse to brag :P

I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who's a lot like Edward, but I'd NEVER tell him that (he HATES twilight) rofl

He opens doors for me, carries my things for me, pays for me, and is constantly checking to make sure I'm okay and not bored or feeling awkward (coz I'm very shy). He's polite to EVERYONE, even when they're rude back... We're both virgins and he wants to keep it that way till he's sure I'm comfortable with the idea... He's always protective of me, and never lets me wait alone at the bus station after 6pm, he'll even drive me the half hour home if he has the fuel... He looks at me like I'm the most beautiful thing on earth (it really is sweet <3 ) and is constantly telling me how beautiful I am... He's actually MORE gentlemanly than Edward Cullen... and he's REAL :)

Oh, not to mention that when he first told me he loves me, it was after a big and long, really sweet and romantic speach about what it means to be in love. And just like Edward, he even speaks with "proper" english most of the time (but without the accent lol)

But my awesome boyfriend is better than Edward; he trusts me more than Edward ever tusted Bella, and he's never once made me feel unloved. But then again, he doesn't lust for my blood. Just me... XD

If I had to pick what my perfect guy would be, I'd choose my boyfriend over Edward Cullen any day. Maybe with super-strength and sparkly skin though :P because that's just plain cool XD

More from Girls
102