Help, Coffee Addicts!

So I have this college oral presentation about Caffeine Addiction. It will be a 30-minute work but I'm in desperate need for creative and fun ideas concerning both form and content. My teacher literally said "I think the topic is a bit shallow so your challenge is to try to come up with original and unpredictable ideas." It's gonna be next week so I don't have much time. HELP PLEASE!

Most Helpful Guy

• Show up with a cup of coffee. Drink coffee.

Is caffeine addiction a thing? I don't know, is it really that addictive?

I drink at least a pot of coffee a day. I don't feel like I need to drink it, but I do because I love coffee. The slight bitter taste is wonderful.

You might benefit by comparing rates of addiction to other drugs. Nicotine and cigarettes are supposedly the most addictive drug. How does caffeine come in comparatively?

What are the health benefits? Caffeine does good stuff for the brain, as far as I've heard. The same can be said for cigarettes and nicotine. I think both increase brain activity over all, and may prevent some degenerative brain diseases.

Half an hour is a long time to talk, most oral presentations I have done in college were less than 20 minutes.

If you can have a visual element, I would suggest a powerpoint with mostly pictures, and few words. Every slide has a picture, and no slide has more than a sentence on it. That way you're not reading off the slides, and the pictures are cute, funny or thought provoking, which bolsters your presentation.

End advice.

When you find some neat sources about caffeine and what it does, send them my way.

Wait, why is this posted in sexuality?

• Haha thank you for the remark, I didn't notice my mistake till you pointed it out !

Anyway, I was thinking almost the same way about showing up with a mug for example. Or I could start the presentation by a coffee tasting kind of thing (among my classmates).

I love love loooove your suggestion about comparing coffee to other addictions, that would be just perfect and I'm sure my teacher would love it!

What do you think of giving the audience coffee themed favors at the end?

• may I also add - my friend have birth almost six months ago and she is breast feeding. everyone knows you should drink too much coffee when pregnant or breast feeding. so the baby was up a lot - she stopped drinking coffee and the baby's sleep pattern have drastically changed for the better lol yet my friend still insist on drinking caffeine free coffe every day. does not make sense to me lol

• *gave birth