Why are guys so insecure?

one of my friends said that she reconnected with a guy after a couple years. They liked each other and they even kissed but that's it. They have been texting each other and have made plans to get together but plans have fallen through. He told her he was sick and wasn't feeling well and she offered to bring him soup and meds. he told her no because it was getting late but told her thanks for the offer. then he tells her out of nowhere, why is she being like this to him all of a sudden, meaning why is she so interested and where did it come from? we are both confused. why would a guy say that? did they not have a lot of attention from previous girls? is he insecure?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he just wants to know why she is doing all this for him so he can get a feel on how she feels about him because she must really like him to offer to bring him soup and meds... that's what ide do anyway ask her why so I could know how she feels see if maybe there's anther chance for us.

• i think there can be another way of asking that question than just blirting it out, it makes it seem awkward. If this happened to me, I would take it as he is questioning my character and my feelings for him.

• Thats why he dident directly say it and kind of hinted.