• Ask
  • myTake

Do girls like being carried?

Do girls like being picked up and carried? The other day I was out with my girlfriend, and she was quite tired and didn't want to have to walk back.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think it is either a sweet gesture (in this case, because she is tired) or a playful one. I like being carried, but it's something I wouldn't expect. If a date did that, I'm not sure what my reaction would be. But, I think that depending on the context, it can be sweet or playful. If I was really tired, and he offered to carry me-then it would be the equivalent of him offering to drive, or to tuck me into bed with cocoa. It's like "flowers". If he picked me up like a potato sack, and went running off, then it would be playful, and make me laugh. I would carry her like a kid (on hip, on back) if it was a sweet thing, and carry her like a flour sack (with her hips near her shoulders) if it was more playful. The cradle carry is nice, but it can be really strenuous. Like other people said, listen to her voice-tone. Only insist a few times. I know I'm really shy about my weight (I'm 5"7 and 132lbs) and so it's awkward when they ask, because I don't want to hurt someone. But, I do love to be carried.

What Girls Said 51

• I love it, it makes me feel like he adores me and must hold me.

• 47 answers?! Seems like you had an interesting question. Piggy back ride are fun but not to make it as a habit. That day if she was so tired you should have done it for sure a very romantic gesture. You seem like a dude from a chick flick <3

• 51 answers old lady

• Haha that last paragraph was pure joy to read.I think it's really sweet for a guy to cradle his woman but considering the distance a piggy back ride would have been really sweet and cute of you.A+ for the though :)

• Nah I don't like people picking me up at all.

• just let her hop on your back. I don't know if she would have liked it, maybe you should have asked her she would prob have appreciated it.

• I think it's kind of sweet for a guy to offer but I'm so scared of heights that even that scares me. And I go for short guys.

• It's fun, but don't drop us and laugh when we hit our heads on the floor. :/

• I'd take it kicking and screaming...but secretly I'd love it lol.

• No, I hate it. Makes me feel like a child. No thanks.

• Yes I do, makes me feel so small, and impressed that he can carry me. Fireman carry sounds a bit uncomfortable / kidnappy. And the cradle would be kind of hard on your biceps for a long period of time. The best bet would be the piggy back!

• I'd say piggyback. I'd think it was sweet :) although I have memories of a guy that liked me... (it was not mutual.) we were on a church hiking trip, going up very steep hills. I was having asthma problems, and had to keep stopping, but this guy carried my backpack (bright pink... it was quite a sight) and kept hinting that he could carry me, and asking if he could carry me, and saying "Wow, I bet you're wishing you'd have let me carry you" whenever I had to take a break... It was quite awkward. Especially since my crush was walking with us and he knew I didn't like the guy. He kept giving me funny looks... taunting me. :P not quite your situation though. lol

• love when my boyfriend carries me on his shoulders. It is scary and exciting. So much fun. It works well because there is a ft difference between our heights.

• dont wanna be fireman carried lol, embarassing, awkward, weird and not romantic lol, cradle carry is cute and romantic but its tiring for the guy, its kinda embarassing in public but its not weird for couples, personally I think piggy bank ride is the best, its romantic, easy on the guy, cute, not so embarassing or awkward and its intimate, I can feel his warmth, body and scent too~ (warmth/hug/scent fetish xD), my weight doesn't bother me but I actually need to gain more, I'm 129lbs at 5'11" and I should be minimum 132 or standard light frame 140, I don't want him to get burdened so I stay with my weight even if I have less stamina, I only let him if I really needed to, like when I gsmd in public a few weeks ago.. my legs went numb so I couldn't walk for half an hour..

• i forgot to mention the first one gets a bit painful/sore after a while.. wow 43 girls answered, and still rising, this has to be the most magnetic topic of the day :3

• i dont. I feel fat and heavy.

• i don't know with the other girls but for me, I love being carried. It's sweet and cute.

• Over the shoulder/fireman's carry is remarkably uncomfortable if you've ever experienced it. I'd avoid that one. Substitute piggyback; it's a much more natural position. Cradle carry is good but only if you have 1) a good sense of space and 2) the strength to do it. Dropping someone in cradle carry is very bad, not to mention awkward to recover from (since your legs are not underneath you). Always let the legs down first. Banging their legs/head on passing objects is also bad.Be sure you can support her weight before trying anything though. Struggling & straining is not an attractive look. (Plus she might feel bad or worry about you hurting yourself.)

• I personally love it my boyfriend not so much he uses it on special ocassions

• Yes I like it :D I think it's really sweet and thoughtful if a guy does that

• yes I do, My ex use to pick me up all the time because I was so small.

• Hmm lol well I wouldn't mind being carried lol it may seem kinda macho for a guy to do that for me but I'm kinda over weight so I doubt any normal sized guy lol could pick me up :(((( lolbut hey if you can pick your girlfriend up ask her "Do you want to be carried" lol just do it and if she is shy just hold her hand on the way back lol

• haha oh my I love this question it literally just made my day! I used to HATE being carried because I was paranoid of my weight or the awkwardness of once it starts what do you talk about or do you get carried in silence like a baby...lol I'm only 110 lbs and 5'6'' so my weight isn't actually a problem I'm just self conscious :p but now I've been with my guy for a while he can carry my lazy ass anywhere and I won't be complaining ! ask her though before you just fling her up like a ragdoll ..

• The big reason I don't like being carried is although I'm comfortable with my looks I'm not with my weight and am in fact loosing weight (10 lbs so far!). I would not like to be carried over a guys shoulder and am always afraid a guy will drop me in a cradle carry. If I was about 140lbs (my goal and ideal BMI) or less no I wouldn't feel uncomfortable, but again it would have to be cradle. What about a piggy back ride though? That would be acceptable (If I was ideal weight anyway).

• Love piggy back rides.However, the cradle carry is sweet when you kinda know the person for awhile. You can even use the piggy back ride as a doorway to the cradle and so forth. But I wouldn't just want some random guy/ acquaintance to scoop me up unless it was a joke :P

• I don't know .. Personally I get shy, I like being carried by my boyfriend but I don't often go for it (he never carried me in his arm 'cause he already feels I'm not comfortable with it) .. Unless it's a piggy ride :p it's fun and cute and I can tease him as much as I want, close his eyes and play with his hair :p and by the way, you sir are a gentleman, I appreciate that, your girlfriend must be proud ;D .. However you should ask her if she's okay with it, a little talk won't harm you know, wish you the best :)

• Good lord I would love to be carried. I don't think many girls would like the over-the-shoulder route for 10 minutes but in the arms would be nice. Maybe you should wait until you were a little ways back then carry her. I also don't think she'd like to be carried at all for all 10 minutes cause some girls get embarassed. Next time, I'd go for the 2 or 3 minutes away from where you're going then carry her. Good luck!

• It really depends on if she like's being heldask her: are you tired? do you want a piggy back ride?i honestly love piggy back rides :P so much funand if she likes that, play around with her and grab her by the waist and put her over your shouldershe might say stop in a flirty/laughing way, or very seriouslisten to the tone of her voice when you do it :Pbut don't keep her there too long or the blood will rush to her head :Pif you're on the beach and wanna be romantic, carry her bridal style until you can't anymore :)hope this helps

• I like being carried like a baby, my husband likes to put me over his shoulder

• it is nice, either piggy back or over shoulder I guess. both is fun LOL

• yes ! its LOVELY ! FEEL SOOO SAFE IN THE GUYS arms :) cradle carry is always more gentlemen like...dnt be a cave man and carry her over the shoulder...pl wil think you kidnapping her ahaha... and if you get tired quickly...then...eat more protein...grls dnt like it wen a guy can't carry them cos they tired...n the best is wen you unexpectedly scoop a grl into your arms and cradle carry her :): )

• You're a good boyfriend. I appreciate that ..

• Why the hell did this get a dumb-down? I had to thumb this up to balance it out :)

• Show More

What Guys Said 4

• Most girls appreciate the thought...even if he can't actually carry her! :)

• If you couldn't carry her, you could have offered her a piggyback ride. Don't throw her over your shoulder, it's very uncomfortable.

• my female friends do lol

• I used to like carrying my x girlfriend like a suitcase lol but she preferred being carried like a baby. I could walk almost a mile that way and it was a great workout. My current girlfriend does not like being picked up at all but I still do it :P