• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy says it's complicated?

My guy friend is with this girl however when ever I ask or his best guy friend "how things are going between them." All he says "it's complicated,"... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• "PS: His best friend thinks she and him are just friends with benefits. Could that make things complicated?"Yes. It could be that or they could be having problems elsewhere. All I can tell you is it's not a good sign for their relationship. And whatever it is, he doesn't feel like talking about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Some relationships don't fit into the contemporary view of titles. It is like choosing a religion when each sect has some things you agree with but other parts you don't. It's a blend if you will. But he doesn't want to air his dirty laundry and I respect that. Perhaps he isn't sure where he stands in the relationship. It is complicated could be an easy way of saying "We fight a lot".

• He means it is complicated. That it is not easy to talk about or explain, unless he goes into it in great detail, which he obviously doesn't want to do.So he simply says It's complicated, and drops the subject.

What Girls Said 2

• Id say it means the relationship could be better, and it has its ups and downs. IIf it truly was a wonderful relationship and everything was huckey dorey, then he would say "everything is going great."