True or False: Actions speak louder than words?

My boyfriend insisted words speak louder...This might be doomed...lol

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• True. If you want to change other people, you have to use sheer force of gravity, and that's obtained from being the best that you can be. Back then, people that spoke very little but had this sense of gravity, got things done and had lots of fame. It's much better than screaming all day and having no one listen to you.Also, your actions have to match your words. If you make a promise, you have to keep it.Finally, once your actions are great, the words you speak will be much stronger and convincing.

What Guys Said 12

• Actions tell you what people are really thinking...words are easy to manipulate, but while actions can be faked, it's a lot harder, and impossible over a long period of time!

• True. Plain and simple.

• what would make you more impressed, a guysaying he can do a somersault, or a guy thatshows you he can do a somersault?in this context, actions speaks louder than words ^.~

• Love this +1

• True, very true.

• What? what was your BF's argument for "I say something but I don't follow my own words I do something else" having any credibility?

• Of course they do! 80% of conversation is body language and there is such thing as lying and talking bullsh*t. Person's actions and words should match. There needs to be honesty in both actions and words, but it's usually the action that shows the true intention if they are different.

• Very VERY true. This is why when people claim something about some politician I often call bullsh*t. Like that someone is for small government when really that person's voting history in congress/senate shows them voting on bills for big government or vice versa. Or the BS like Obama's a socialist when every single action through-out his presidency has been pro-big business and pro-big banks and such. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words. People are just often dumb at times and don't pay attention to the actions as much as the words because the words are easier to pay attention to, actions take a longer time period to grasp the reality and you have to memorize them all for credibility's sake.It's also why I urge all women to never rush into sex or any serious thing with a guy (and vice versa actually) because you don't know if what they are saying is true or not. But if you give it enough time, you will find out the truth by their actions.And yes, your boyfriend is an idiot.

• True I guess.

• I say "True" but that's just a word...

• That's true since actions convey truthfulness and can be hard to control.

• It depends. If you are friendly with someone and then hear them talking about you behind your back, words are louder. If you walk in on your boyfriend drilling another chick and he keeps calling you afterward saying "But baby, I love you," then actions speak louder. It just depends on the situation.

• It depends on how loud your voice is and how high you can raise it.

What Girls Said 6

• Words are powerful, no doubt. But let's say someone punches you and says "I love you", which of those will you hear better? Or let's say someone says they don't care about you, but they show up at the hospital when you get hurt, which do you hear better? I think actions definitely speak louder than words. What someone says and what someone does are two very different things a lot of the time. I look at their actions to see who they really are.

• They both speak very loudly. I don't think you can really just decide that one is stronger than the other. And people seem to forget how powerful words can be sometimes...

• it's true,.... although in some contexts speaking up and using words is an action itself.

• True. It's because words are so easy to say, but actions are often really hard to do.

• Def true!

• It's very true