Would a facial scar freak a guy out?

When I was little, I got the chicken pox, and it left a deep scar on my face. It is located to the right of my nose, in between the inner corner of my eye and my nose. It is darker than my skin tone (I am tan), and kind of oval shaped.

I am really really self-conscious about it, and it really destroys my confidence. Everything else about me is fine, nice body, nice hair, etc. But the scar pretty much looks like an odd birthmark.

So, my face just isn't symmetrical. So I can't be as flawless (or at least as close to flawless as possible) as I would like to be. How much would that freak a guy out?

I am going to get the scar removed, but I am scared I won't be able to get it removed before college. And it may not be removed completely. Scars are usually forever.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very little.

Its actually been studied:

Summary: women find men more attractive as short term partners if they have facial scars, and do not view them differently in the long term. Men don't view women as more or less attractive.

I'm sure people say that scars themselves don't look nice, and think people would look better without them. However, they don't change how attractive we find the person -with- the scar. It's a bit like if you imagine your dream guy, and his arm is in a cast. Is he suddenly ugly? uh, no.