Am I the biggest loser on earth?

I'm 25 and I don't have a car. And iv been unemployed looking for a job for the past 2 years.

Most Helpful Opinion

• I had to give up my dream summer job, because chronic pain and fever that I've been having for years shot through the roof again (and pushed me into the hospital for five days and now I'm going around and seeing doctors and trying to figure out what is going wrong with my body once again. Trust me, you don't want to know what they suspect and it's not an STI). I can't drive because I have epilepsy. I don't really have much of a relationship with my family. I'm much more of an academic than a social butterfly, so I turned into a workaholic. I was abused when I was a kid.

I know the following will sound harsh, but you have two choices:

1. Sit around and cry about it.

2. Put on your game face, smile for camera and do what you need to do.

I can't say that choosing the latter was a mistake. I've had three girlfriends (two of them completely insane, but that's beside the point) and I've found research and professional opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise. Plus, I have no car insurance or gas bills.