Am I the biggest loser on earth?

I'm 25 and I don't have a car. And iv been unemployed looking for a job for the past 2 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had to give up my dream summer job, because chronic pain and fever that I've been having for years shot through the roof again (and pushed me into the hospital for five days and now I'm going around and seeing doctors and trying to figure out what is going wrong with my body once again. Trust me, you don't want to know what they suspect and it's not an STI). I can't drive because I have epilepsy. I don't really have much of a relationship with my family. I'm much more of an academic than a social butterfly, so I turned into a workaholic. I was abused when I was a kid.

I know the following will sound harsh, but you have two choices:

1. Sit around and cry about it.

2. Put on your game face, smile for camera and do what you need to do.

I can't say that choosing the latter was a mistake. I've had three girlfriends (two of them completely insane, but that's beside the point) and I've found research and professional opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise. Plus, I have no car insurance or gas bills.

What Girls Said 9

• You're so young, you got time... you'd only be a loser if you weren't trying... I understand how hard it is to find a job, can be quite unbearable and frustrating at times, keep your head up and best of luck to you !

• You are in no way the biggest loser on earth. I actually know that guy, and you ain't him.

I bet you're not even cracking the Top 500, man. Shit's rough all over- cut yourself some slack!

• no, just try to turn things around.

• People don't have cars for several reasons, don't be sad. You're not the only one struggling. Just get yourself out there and do your best. As long as you're actively searching for work, you're not a loser.

• My teacher is over FORTY and has never had a car. A car isn't the most important thing in the world, and gas money is EXPENSIVE. Don't be sad. You are still young and these days it's hard to get a job so don't give up, you are not the only one with this problem. Maybe you should try going after a different field of work?

• How does he get to work? Bus?

• taking the subway does has it's advantages but you will save a lot of money from not having to pay for: insurance, damages and gas! :D

• True but I live in a small town with no public transportation :( Plus there's no way to go on dates without a car which explains why I'm still a virgin at 25. You must be in new York or something?

More from Girls
4

What Guys Said 7

• Yes.

Does this answer make you feel better?

• Hey!Don't get hopeless cause the economy is tough now.U are not alone who is jobless,there are many of them.But you must keep trying cause you know no one came to this earth do die in vain,everyone will do something to be alive.So instead of getting depressed keep trying and God will you will get a job.And as for car it is not that important issue.U can buy one when you get a job suit you best.Best of luck.

• No you're not a loser, you're still trying aren't you?

Don't let these little obstacles put you down, chest up, deep breath and keep rolling!

• You're not a loser. A lot of people aren't as well blessed as you

• you might be a semi finalist.

More from Guys
2