Girls, do you like nerdy guys?

Context: The guy is nerdy in a good - not a bad way.

Aka, he showers, is social, isn't too obsessive, can talk about more than just his specific interests and doesn't neglect people

He just loves things like Zelda, Magic the Gathering, dungeons and dragons, and tech news. He also cares more about his PC than his car.

• Yea!
  • They don't bother me
  • Not really

Most Helpful Girl

• I find myself really liking nerdy guys, but not the kind of nerdy you're describing. I'm into guys that are very into academics and being an educated person (interested in factoids and general knowledge), guys that are interested in learning how to do things (build a hard drive, stuff like that). Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with gaming, but I'm not attracted to gamers because personally, I could never justify wasting my time like that. I waste my time in other ways, sure, but gaming is something I will never understand.

• well, I was talking about purely from a fun perspective. that a nerd has more fun with gaming than watching sports. I wasn't talking about this as the perspective of their intelligence, knowledge or life ambitions.

• totally respect that

• :)

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 19

• I dig. That's my preference. I'm in a serious relationship with a "nerdy" (I don't like using the term) guy. I've never been into the super confident (cocky) ones.

• Yes I like guys who I can hold a conversation with - debates etc

• Hell F***ing Yes! Nerds are my Kryptonite (since I am one similar to your description)!

• My boyfriend is a nerd :)

• I mostly date nerdy guys ^^

That cocky player type makes me wanna throw up xD

More from Girls
14

What Guys Said 3

• How about incredibly dorky guys lol

• Nerds are not social people or are social awkard. If you are sociable but still a "nerd," then you are a geek and geeks are awesome. Every geek friend I have is either dating, or married with children. Besides, geeks make more money than the average person. lol.

• That's a completely arbitrary distinction. Not even 10 years ago the two words were completely interchangeable. It's only with the rise of hipsterdom and geek chic (aided by that money you mention) that people have tried to argue a difference between the two terms.

• who really cares anymore? just talk about what the guy/girl is like and not what to call them.

• unfortunately I'm the opposite of that aka list :( (except I'm not obsessive and the social part is a yes/no thing)

no hope for me Dx

• but you're black. black is seen as cool

• wtf you talking about o____O

i'm bengali, not black xD wow lol that's a first. I've always been mistaken as a Spanish-speaker whenever I go to vallarta xD