Is there a soul mate for everyone?

do you believe everyone has a soulmate? a partner in life? husband,etc?. I personally think some people are just meant to be single forever :(

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes!There is someone for everyone! A girl my sister used to know, she was extremely shy, very awkward, she was a big band nerd, she kept to herself mostly.. She seemed really lonely! It was so sad! We didn't think she could date someone, because of how shy she was! Later that year she met a guy who had similar qualities as her, he brought out the best in her, and she in him. They are married now for almost 4 years! Everyone has a soulmate, it just takes a little time finding them!

• Big difference your sister is a female she has it easier then any guy. Even a shy one.

What Guys Said 23

• Yes and No.Yes why? Because in my mind a soul mate is someone who YOU click with, you just have instant spark with and love dearly and are loyal to. Your personalities and who you are as people are a perfect match for each other and your pretty much each others ideal partner.No why? Because I think there is not a ONE soul mate for every person there is 7billion+ people on the world now I think that there is millions+ soulmates for everyone a soulmate is just a word for describing basically your ideal partner, and also because even if someone is your "soul mate" I don't care what relationship you are in ANYTHING could happend one minute your relationship could be a live heaven next thing you know it could turn to shit and you could despise and hate each other anything can happen.

• I do believe people are puzzle pieces. You are an end piece if you're set in your ways and have ridged standards then you are limiting the perfect fit for your choices of soul mates.If you are 4 sided puzzle piece your options are better of finding that soul mate snap into your life.Yes there are soul mates not just , but I do believe it is not just ONE person that fits into that category.There are women that I have fit perfectly with chemistry was fantastic but do to being on two different directions in life it didn't last even though it seemed like a perfect fit. Leaves me scratching my head and confused and worried if I would ever find that connection again. I have had hints that have kept that hope alive..

• No.

• answered yes, but here I am going to post a quote that kind of implies I think NO.“Soul mates' are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price.” ? Spencer W. KimballI kind of have to explain, I believe the quote to be as accurate as it can get, and words to live by, I mean, is there someone whose "red string" crosses yours? mistically "meant to be"? ABSOLUTELY NOT.BUT on the other hand, if you asked me "is there someone anywhere with whom I can have a fairy tale life?" my answer here would be yes, and that is why I voted YES. YES THERE IS SOMEONE FOR EVERYONE, someone that can make you as happy as you can be, the closest thing to perfectiong you can get, you can BUILD a soulmates relationship, you can find "A right one", not THE, A, and then WORK together to build upon it, and your relationship will be as AMAZING as your determination, as your effort, as your compromise and respect to compromises, as your patience and as your "willingness to pay the price", you CAN have a fairy tale romance, I know my grandparents do after 70 years of marriage, but A) it was not a "destiny" thing, B) it did not come easy, C) they did not "find" each other, they ACTIVELY LOOKED for each other.I'm not sure but I think it was the same man who said it (though many people may have said similar things), and do not remember the exact quote, but goes kind of like this:"worry less about finding the right one, focus more on BEING the right one", that to say, a lot people KIND OF knows what they are looking for, but some are clueless about it honestly, but more importantly, OK, you know what you want, what are you bringing to the table? see a lot of times, THERE IS someone, and you find him/her, is the perfect person for you, except "he does not see you that way", perhaps you are not living up to his expectations, or you are aiming to the total wrong type of guy, or is the right guy but you are not the right girl for that kind of guy, thing, is, if part of your Prince Charming includes a PhD and a Ferrari, that is a lot to ask, and again, what are you bringing to the table? or perhaps you are a sweet girl and attract a sweet boy, but you are stubbornly wanting a bad boy. WISE advice then, you BE who you aspire to be, and let the right guy COME, not impossible but hardly if you are a, say, INTELLIGENT woman, would attract a total dumb, KNOW what you want, KNOW what you are willing to give and GIVE IT, and if what you want is unbalanced to what you give, WORK ON IT, and then pretty sure, you can find A right boy, someone GOOD with whom you can aspire to GREAT, you do not have ONE good choice, perhaps few choises will be good, but SOME will, keep the eyes open, look not for perfection�

• I would hope so, but lately I'm not so sure. I think I'm starting to give up on such a statement. I'm 29 and I still have not dated and found my soul mate.

• I'm not sure about "soul mate" in a romantic sense. That you are destined for one person and only one person? I don't know.Do I believe that there is at least one person who could potentially be a positive, encouraging partner who is a natural "great fit" - yes. Can souls work together? I think so, yes. I think it becomes a slippery slope when we say it has to be romantic (that may not be what you're going for, but that's what most people mean) and that everyone DESERVES someone. I don't think that would be the end of the world if two incompatible people married, so long as they choose to act in a loving way with each other. Love isn't just a feeling. It isn't just about the attraction, infatuation, lust, etc... It's an action. A verb. And a choice. Infatuation, attraction... it's important, but I don't think it's everything. I would be up for a more general concept of "a soul mate" as being two people who are longtime, genuine friends. I believe a good friend can be a "soul mate." Without any sexual/romantic interest between the two.

• Hell f****ng no.The universe... Better yet, 7 billion humans could give a rats ass whether you were stuck by a Mazda Miata and ki***d tomorrow. Let alone whether or not you find someone to pairbond with.The world is truly survival of the fittest. Natural selection.You get right or you get left.

• No. Maybe in a perfect world it would be. I can't understand why is it that we as humans can accept the fact that some things are out of reach no matter how hard you try, no matter what you do. We can accept the fact that everyone won't be rich , be famous, etc no matter what they do right , but we always have this false hope that everyone can and/or will find them someone or there's someone out there for everyone but in real life, there's no guarantees.

• of course not that's just silly.

• As one of my coaches says. "I found my soul-mate 7 times!"

• No I just think There are certain people that people are good with, and no its just hard to find a relationship, my first girlfriend was my junior year in college and I'm not even that bad looking just shy

• Yes, don't give up hope. Look your still that isn't that old, look at this way there are 7 billion people on this planet do you think your soulmate is down the street? Go out and enjoy life and meet people.

• Sadly your right I'm one of those people who are meant to be alone because I'm too damn ugly to be with a woman. It pisses me off hearing and reading things from women about looks don't matter when it does and it means more than confidence and personality.

• What a surprise two down votes I'm sure there's more to come, for speaking the truth.

• Statistically, by 18 years old you have already met a person that you could have had a perfect life with and a family.It's just up to you to figure out who that person is.

• where did you find that?

• I don't know, I don't think soul mates would be it, because then you may have to travel half a world away to meet them lol. maybe there are certain personality or attraction features to a better mate. like I seem to like similar looking girls, but maybe it's because those are the girls I grew up going to school with. most of them were Italian, so Italian girls are usually very attractive to me, besides being half Italian myself, maybe race is also a small factor

• oh and I am meant to be single, or at least have someone I don't want. What has life shown you so far? does it seem that you are meant to be single?

• Voted ASome people push everyone away for different reasons particular to themselves and they call it 'standards'. That's where it goes wrong. But yes, for everyone there are MANY possible soulmates, partners, husbands, wives. They only have to accept them.

• I don't believe in soul mates. The concept has always been kind of dreary to me. It makes everyone fall too deeply in love right away and be so sure about something nobody can be sure about getting in. It opens up everyone for disappointment and holds the thought of finding someone so highly. It also makes the mistake that there is only one person for everyone when in reality there are billions of people on this planet so there has to be quite a few people we can be compatible with. The odds are just staggering that the number is so small.So soul mates? No.Compatible human beings? Absolutely.

• I do believe there is a soul mate for everyone out there. After all, there are roughly 2 BILLION people out there in any kind of reasonable age bracket for a mate.The question is, though, will that soul mate ever be found? (btw, I assume we aren't considering the mentally ill and such)

• that's 12 billion lol, so either there's a disproportionate amount of young adult women or what I read was just miscalculated. I definitely shouldn't have assumed it applied for all age groups lol. Though I suppose if you count women AND men, it adds up to 6 Bil, just under the world total. I guess I was right when I said "people"And don't be too down on yourself man. Believe me, there are females out there who could like you. Again, the hard part is finding them... =\

• good point, I forgot to specify sex. I think I got that 2 bil number because I had looked it up and there was an estimated 2 billion women ages 18-35 in the world, or something. Which, I guess makes sense... but it'd kind of throw off the total #'s if all large age groups were equal (which you'd expect it were). i.e.:2 bil women 18-352 bil men 18-352 bil girls 0-172 bil boys 0-172 bil women 36-100+2 bil men 36-100+

• Oh my bad thought you meant like 2 billion world wide? LOL read that wrong. But I stand by what I said before about me running into female 18+ I would probably be labeled a loser for life if I were to get rejected 2 billion times? Of course these would have to be 2 billion women.

• Show Older
  • I do think there is someone for everyone. Why do you think some are meant to be single?

• no, most people just get bored and cheat or move on to someone new

• maybe maybe not

• Soulmate for everyone? Of course not, that's preposterous. Not necessarily single their entire lives, but not finding someone special to spend the rest of their lives with? Absolutely, some are just doomed to that scenario.

• I like to hope there's more than one soulmate for everyone. out of 7billion maybe 1-2 thousand possible soulmates. something like that any way.

What Girls Said 22

• I chose no,but maybe there us,maybw there isn't. who knows.

• Yes that is a myth. Its also a myth that some people are "meant" to be single forever. Some people will be single forever but everyone has many potential partners in life, but that doesn't mean that its guaranteed that they'll meet them, fall in love, and live happily ever after. I don't think things like this are predetermined.

• A lot of people's problem is that they don't understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave.

• I just realized my post may seem like I believe there is such I thing.. I don't believe in soul mates at all, or even that there is just one person out their for you.

• I do believe there is a soulmate for everyone. BUT that doesn't mean that your true soulmate is necessrily the person you're going to have a romatic relationship with. Your soulmate can be a fruend. I truly believe that my soulmate (or one of) is my best friend.

• Yes! I really think the 'one' is out there for all of us. So many people on this world, we can't possibly be born to be alone always. Just think, right now you might be alone or with the wrong person. Your soul mate is also out there in this big, lonely world looking for you

• I don't think there is one person right for everyone. I think the "one" depends on how much effort and time you are willing to invest in a relationship with someone.

• Theoretically. Yes. Although some people may not always find them in every incarnation, who knows you may have met them but for some reason you never pursued them yet. However it's just a theory and the universe can be a mysterious thing.

• I think so, yes.

• I believe it's impossible for a person to be meant to be single forever. The whole purpose of life is to love and be loved. People can choose to be alone one way or another, but they were never meant to be that way.

• I want to believe so but than again everyone I know prove it to be false.

• I would think so

• not a soul mate i believe everyone can find someone in life they like enough to marry and live with for the rest of their life but a true soulmate is very rare

• I believe in a partner that is like your Twin Flame. It might be a short process finding them or it might take years to find them.

• I think so

• I believe that everyone has one or more people who they are meant to be with- I don't believe that anyone is meant to be alone. However, I don't believe that people have just one specific soul mate. I also don't think everyone is guaranteed to meet the person who is best for them, because that just isn't realistic.

• I don't believe in soul mates. I do believe in chemistry and connections, but it takes work to make them last. It doesn't just automatically last forever because "you were born for each other", you have to work at it, every day.

• I believe there is someone for everyone.

• i think yes

• I don't believe in soul mates. Though I do believe we can find a partner for life but it's not easy to find that person and some never will

• No, although romantic connections can feel that way. The concept of a soulmate is a mystical idea.

• I think there is some for everyone.

• i don't think that there's a single person for anyone,idk this quote does a better job at explaining it:"How can you say you love one person when there are ten thousand people in the world that you would love more if you ever met them? But you'll never meet them....But we must still realize that love is just the result of a chance encounter. Most people make too much of it."maybe I am too skeptical but I find it hard to believe that there's only one person out there with whom you could spend the rest of your life withsorry for the long answer