What does it mean when a guy says you're his "best friend"?

Ok, what I mean is when a guy says to a girl "You are one of my best friends" or "You're my best friend" Does he actually think more of you? Like when a guy says that does he mean something deeper than what he says? For an example when he says it does he really mean he likes you as a girlfriend? Or... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's playing it neutral... I believe men and women can't be friends unless there's 0 attraction or the guys gay... I'm assuming he liked you awhile ago but you friend zoned him now he's that guy who's cool with just being friends waiting for something more to happen... Classic scenario

• Funny, cause I think you hit the nail right on the head with that. He always expressed to me how much he liked me, but I told him I just wanted to be friends, and he actually got mad at me like 2 months ago and said "Did you friendzone me? Really? What the hell?" Lol! So I think you're right, sir! Thanks for commenting! :)