Why people are fake and how to deal with them..

So I'm sure many of you've come across people who were fake...like they are either really nice to you when you guys are alone and then act totally different when others are around OR they act like they care and everything when everyone's around but when you guys are alone they could care less of what you're doing/saying...how do you deal with these kinds of people? and what is their mindset for acting this way? why can't you be real? do they think they are somewhat better than you or like is status important to them?

one thing I found is that with these kinds of people..i shouldnt waste my time even thinking bout them cause if they think I'm not worth their time then why should I be wasting my precious mentality worrying bout what they're doing...but I'll still be my true self if I come across them and then just forget bout what just happened and continue on with my honest life. so how do you deal with these kinds of people?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• I limit my involvement with people like that.

don't try to change 'em, don't try to make them see your point-of-view. just cut them from your life as much as you can.

the best option is to not see them at all. but sometimes, you can't cut them from your life entirely ... such as with family, or a co-worker. so if you work with someone who's two-faced, remember that you should never trust them. limit the amount of time you talk to them. be polite, but not friendly, don't make small talk with them.

ditto if family members are fake. limit your involvement as much as possible. my mom, for example, is an unreliable flake who's broken several important promises to me. I still love her, but I know I can never trust her with some things. so my relationship with her is a bit more distant than with my dad. I don't bitch and moan to dad about her; that'd be unfair to throw my problems on his shoulders. but I think that's a good example for how to deal with fake people in families.