Girls who are tan?

Why do guys prefer girls who are tan to ones who are fair? I'm fair, I've got the china doll skin, if I go on the sun, I burn, not tan. and when the burn becomes a tan, it doesn't look good, so I've never bothered getting a fake tan...so now I strive to keep my skin looking like nicole kidman's =]

but why is it that guys tend to like the bronzed girls rather then the alabaster ones?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 14

What Guys Said 24

• not all of them like it... I wish I looked like her : link

shes got normal skin and she's gorgeous ...

• Well everyone looks better with a little bit of color..

With a tan, you can't see wrinkles , pimples, veins, scars, blemishes, as much and it looks healthier to have some color rather than be pasty white. I mean, would you rather have a tan or look like a ghost? Most girls would say they would go with the "tan" option, do doubt. but some girls...mainly the bleach blonde chicks, get tans, which make them look disgusting and orange! (because of such a huge contrast)... No one wants to look like that! lol ... but all in all, the tan look just appears better and has a sexier look. When girls over do the tanning to the point they look fake, that is a signal to stop. .. but a little bit of tanning won't kill you. I tan, probably once a week and I have a nice olive color. it's definitely better than the terrible white color I was before. I am happy with my results. oh and also, spray tans are heaven! they work very well! If you are scared of taking risks in a tanning bed, spray tan is option B! :)

• im plae skin aswell, and I ask myself this question everyday..

• I'm not a guy but I think pale skin is beautiful. Tan is skin is beautiful as well, if it is natural, not like when it is achieved by spending hours in the sun.

• During the winter time, I have really fair skin, but during the summer when I'm out in the sun I get tan. I don't know if it's guys like tan girls more than fair skinned girls and vice versa, I think it's just they way the girl looks, at least for the most part.

• because it makes you look 'healthy' (which I think is ridiculous). its also because of VS fashion show and all those shows on tv like dancing with the stars who are all orange.

• not true at all. I've been tanned and guys like it and then I've been pale white and guys like it. as long as you are well dressed and you look cute, then it's attractive, regardless of skin colour

• i think its because they look like they get out more and don't stay inside reading romance novels all day

• HAHAHA

This is one of the stupidest answers I've read in a looooong time! xD

• I don't think its a big concern with guys I know. I personally tan because it makes me look healthier (the sun gives you vitamins...healthy ones, and I tan for myself not for guys). Girls however can over do it when it comes to tanning. If a white girl looks like she could be from Africa...she tans WAY too much lol. Some girls have different complexions/skin tones and tan in different ways. I have an olive complexion so when I do tan, I get dark and could be mistaken at times for hispanic or mixed. But you also have to favor in that I have dark eyes and hair too...but just because I tan doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to ruin my skin. I use sunscreen also...but and I know this isn't the way to think about things, I just see it as I can get aft treatments (advanced fluorescence technology) or other medical help if I need it...but then again I don't bake myself all of the time!

• Yeah but there are white people in africa so that doesn't make sense. Now if you said a black african then yes.

• I refuse to look like a purse in 20 years!

Up high for pasty white girls who get made fun of in the summer for being flourescent. = )

• LOL you are too cool.

• I like this answer :D

• im very fair skinned too but I live in the low desert of indio california and it is sunny and hot nearly all year long and I can't get a tan to save my life I used to be self consious too when all my friends were getting tans and I remained a pale almost paper white but I got over it that's what makes me different and I'm proud of who I am now so yep I think pale skin rocks lol

• of course there still are some guys who prefer tanned skin but now I've noticed that lighter skin is becoming more acceptable and to some more desirable. just read most of the other answers! so don't worry about it; I used to until I've realized that I'm considered attractive even while having super pale skin, though moving to Minnesota where lots of others do too helps.

• I HATE tanning. I rag on all my friends that do tan. It's one of the worst things you can do to your body willingly. I'm naturally tanned, thanks to my half asian roots.

• I think smoking is a little worse haha

• i think the natural look is the way to go.

fake tan ain't natural.

• Yea totally, if they want the tan that's cool. I'm just saying fake tan is a no for me cause I don't roll that way.

• BUT if they want to fake tan lets not judge if it makes you feel better and you feel pretty, then by allll means, do it for yourself!

• Selected as most helpful

Because younger guys don't understand that tanning = skin cancer, and tanning = skin that looks like shriveled cowboy boot leather when you reach 40 years old.

Some girls simply look terrible with tans. They don't have the complexion for it, they look artificial and weird. Other tanned girls can look good.

But fair-skinned girls can look amazing, too. And fair skin ages much better than tanned skin.

I tend to really like fair skinned women. Really really really like that look. A lot.

• For some people its for vain reasons and for others they tan because they want the vitamin D (sun), first off there is nothing wrong with getting a tan, its healthy for you as long as you don't over do it and the ones that get skin cancer get it because they shock their skin, don't take care of it (like with Aloe and etc). By shocking their skin I mean they stay inside especially in northern areas where it snows for half the year, they don't even go outside for spring and then all of a sudden in the middle of summer they go outside when they have the worst UVs and bake. That is extremely bad for your skin as a person needs to get used to the sun at lower levels and work their way up, people who are constantly outside year long and take care of their skin, their risk of skin cancer is very slim. My grandparents worked the farms in the carribbean and they were light skin black by the way. They were out all the time constantly, no sun screen and all and both looked young for a long time and both died after 100 years of life. Some people like tanned girls because some guys especially have a thing for latino or exotic people because society seems to especially in the media admire the way these people look. In terms of guys they sometimes like it because it shows girls they work hard and look after their body. Some ethnic groups especially from the mediterrainian like it because it shows they are different from the rest of Europe's white people. For many years for example Italians had been deemed the "niggers" of Europe for their darker skin and so for some this is about showing pride in your background and this sometimes attracts other to follow when they make it look cool and appealing. There was a time when pale and very light skinned white people was the thing to look like and now the tides have just turned. Anyways I hope this has helped you a bit to solve your question.

• I hate tanned girls, especially if it's fake. If it's her natural skin color, there's nothing wrong with that, but for most girls it's fake and those ones are gross and I would say the guys who typically are going after those girls, well their made for each other.

It's one of those things that guys really don't care about. I have no preference on hair color, boob size, etc. It's really about the way it all comes together and doing it with class. Do you want to be a good girlfriend or a good wife?

• Tanned girls are nasty.

Just read this.

link

• I don't really that often. I suppose I have in the past, I just can't really think of a time. And I don't think it was the tan so much as the other aspects that mattered.

I suppose it depends on the woman and her look.

Generally, I realize that tan now equals a higher possibility of cancers, and the person CAN end up with really leathery skin.

Work with what you have. Doing that can be hotter than a lot of other things you can do for (or to) yourself.

• I wouldn't fret to much. I know a few guys (myself included) that prefer the fair skin look. I guess it depends where you are and what the 'cultural norm' is. Here in Australia, we were always the 'bronzed nation' but as more skin cancer awareness gets out, fewer people have a 'natural tan'. That leaves bottled tan, or fair, and I'd say it's about 50-50 between the two.

Another thing. Being fair and looking after your skin will keep it from aging prematurely. Ever seen a farmer's skin (ie, someone out doors a lot). It gets blemished and wrinkled quite quickly. 10years from now you will be loving your skin, and praising yourself for not roasting it.

• u can't see the veins or stretch marks or zits as much

and you look healthier which is attractive

fake tans aren't bad just don't be super orange

• Supposedly it looks healthier because it hides blemishes and accents muscle tone. I don't know this for sure though.

• lol, alabaster. Who calls themselves alabaster skinned these days? lmao where you reading from a bible or something. I know what your saying my little snowflake, I too am a bastard child of Apollo. There is an ongoing joke about my sunburning. They call me the "daywalker" from Blade. Hearing them hiss "daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyywwwwoooookkkkkkkaaaaaaa" like a vampire is quite funny. From my perspective, I don't really care if a woman is tan or not. I actually kinda prefer a woman like you. So with this being said my dear princess of pasty, just keep in mind one thing. - you will age a lot nicer. I have lived near beaches almost my entire life, and I can tell you that these young pretty girls with great tanned skin, they all wind up over 40, with chuck norris leather neck skin that's just sooo yuck. So hive five to you because we keep it UV free. have a great day. Will you marry me? - j

• hum... I don't care if a girl has a tan or not. as long her skin doesn't look like it came from an elephant it's ok with me

• its the exotic factor... its also cause men are visual creatures and tan lines get the imagination going...

• Hey, don't generalize. Plenty of us like the fair skinned.. tanning is unnatural in my view.

• Smilezz, do you know a tan is? It's the way a body makes a natural defense against the sun. The skin becomes thicker because you are mutating your cells by tanning. That is why people develope skin cancer and when you get older your skin looks leathery.

• If he avoids the sun, especially recently what with stronger threat of skin cancer, he's being pretty smart...not unnatural =)

• Tanning is unnatural?.... um, do you avoid the sun? cause that would be slightly unnatural

• I can't think of a single reason why I like tan girls but I do. They are just hotter. Sorry I'm not much help.

• I think that fair skinned women are elegant and nice.

The mass media tends to put too much emphasis on certain characteristics (such as tanning) and before you know it, the masses adopt these trends and criticize those who don't. What really disturbs me is that they never regard the health concerns of excessive exposure to the sun and tanning.

Anyways, you should be proud of the skin that you, I'm sure that there are people who appreciate it along with the other features you have.

• My interest in the way a girl looks is this, if the guy is like me and he's more of an outdoors man. Then he is thinking that the girl is outside a lot and doing things like fishing,camping or anything that would get a tan. I work with a company that always has me outside so I stay fairly tan in the summer even though it doesn't look the best on me.

• Why do some men prefer blondes and other redhaired girls?

• I like pale skin.

• whatever is rarer becomes more desirable. It's the same reason girls like guys with foriegn accents--difference is sexy.

Back when only rich women could afford to stay indoors and not work, it was sexy to be pale.

Nowadays, only well off girls can afford to go to tanning salons, so now it's sexy to be tan.

We are attracted to the unusual.

• It's the media and social trends, I know guys who enjoy both or enjoy purely the alabaster skinned ladies.

I could fire a similar question right back at you, why is it that women prefer men with no facial hair and no chest hair? Back in the day it used to be pretty popular, and now it's not.

• Tanning became extremely popular starting in the 1920's when Americans started going on vacations to tropical "paradises" and on cruises. A tan meant that you had wealth and wore less clothing. I believe Coco Chanel started this trend by accident after going on a friend's yacht. Anyways, light skin is becoming popular again. Something to do with emo chicks I think.

• I love girls with tan lines on their boobies and va-jay-jays! haha nah j/k

I love fair skinned girls, I love the way it looks, and I have this thing where I think its just so much smoother and yummier.

I don't like tanned girls that much, to me they come out as artificial, so if anything I like the Natural tan look if it somes to tanning.

But again, fair skin girls are my thing ;)

• Show More