Phone call or text message?

Why do girls take text messaging so seriously? Honestly, I have noticed on here that girls will judge a guy because he won't text back right away, won't text back nearly enough or he just doesn't text back sometimes.

What I find hard to believe is that most people will choose to text message someone rather than calling them up.

In my opinion you can tell a lot more about the person because of the way they talk to you, the tone of their voice, and you can figure out if they really are busy at the moment because if they are distracted then they will sound distracted, or they will actually be paying attention to you if they are not.

All I'm saying here is that girls or guys should not get to worried if you don't get a reply right away from a text message, and if you really need to communicate with that person then you should just call.

What does everyone think about this?

Phone Call > Text Messages! Yes!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 42

What Guys Said 12

• Selected as most helpful

I so agree with you 100% girl's go over board so much when there guy friend or boyfriend doesn't wright them back, every stop to think he could be busy with work, family, school stuff friends, the world doesn't go around you and you only. They have a life too.

• I guess so, lol

• It's okay I gave ya best answe lol and an extra point, so I hope that made up for that! :P

Yeah people seem to get kinda offended about trivial stuff huh? :<

• Im the same way, if I don't wright people back it's cause I'm really busy or I don't hear it, and I can't tell you how many time I never heard my cell go off. lol, and I'm down a point cause I guess the other person can't have a life. wow

• Show Older
  • I think that girls get really nervous when they like a guy and they take the step to text them. And then to not get a reply makes them worried about all the possible reasons why the guy hasn't responded. from personal experience, I've been worried that I bother the guy by texting him, or that he's not interested in communicating with me. The same things goes for Facebook.

• I think too many people rely on a text to hold a conversation now a days.

• If a guy doesn't text me back right away, I don't freak out. I text them once and if they don't respond, I simply just wait for them to text me back. I won't text them again til they text me back.

• Well what if they don't text OR call? It's a form of communication and let's us know they care or are thinking about us. If you can't be bothered to text us back then we're gonna feel a bit neglected and if you're too busy to text or call then why are we wasting our time on you? That tells us you don't have time for us in general. Well, that's me anyway. We like to hear from guys we like and want to feel like you're thinking about us. A random text gives us that feeling.

• its pretty much natural for girls to be worried when the guy doesn't reply or takes time to do so. We over think/anaylze just about everything. Little things like not replying to a text makes us anaylze the situation and we'll think of all the reasons why he wouldn't be replying. What I don't get is...why it does take guys longer then girls most of the time to respond to a text. It's not that hard to pick up your phone and msg a quick reply. Putting in an effort even if it is just texting, shows you care.

• well what do you do if they don't respond for weeks? :/

• Move on and leave the text goodbye^^... You don't need it!

• You are so right. I get mad if I text the guy and he hasn't replied within at least 5 hours. Seriously, that's more than enough time to get back at the person and if you can't text , you should call the person

• Argh, my boyfriend practically disowns anyone that doesn't text him back straight away.

It's like texts have a shelf life, if you don't text back within a certain time frame you're likely not to text back at all. Same goes with messages on Facebook and suchlike.

I think texting is convenient though, I don't want a 20 minute conversation with someone if I just want to know one thing from them.

• mann I thinks its b.c there's open feelings behind it.. we don't know how your really saying stuff... like sarcastically or what get it? lol

• girls do this because we have some sort of built in anxiety, especially when it comes to a guy we like.

i learned not to assume someone doesn't like be just because they don't text back.

though sometimes, that is the case...if I don't like someone, or I'm not interested in any way, shape, or form. I don't text back.

but there's no way of stopping a girl from having that anxiety.

you can assure her that that's not the case, and she will most likely act like she believes you.

but she doesn't really. I don't know what else.

i prefer calls, big time.

text messages can be forwarded and all kinds of sh*t, I've experienced it.

• Yeah you are right...a text is a bit impersonal...but in the age of technology I think people do not know how to connect anymore. I think people get nervous about calling as you do not know/cannot control where the conversation will go, but with a text you have some time to think of a good/witty reply. I agree let's back to the age of actually talking!

• lol insecurities and sensitivity -_- I personally never understood that either...one of my friends would give me crap just because I would take a while to text her back, and it would p*ss me off that she'd use that against me...and we were just friends. I can't imagine how annoying it must be for guys when a girlfriend jumps to certain conclusions or gets p*ssed off like that.

• haha well being "one of those girls" it makes you wonder when he doesn't text you back! it doesn't have to be right away but if it's not within 5 minutes your like umm where are you? and you end up sending a text that may have not had anything to do with what you were talking about before you two stopped just to get the conversation going again! By doing this your letting him know that you weren't done with the conversation and that you were kind of interested in what he was doing! was he talking to another girl? is he with another girl? then you ask yourself the question of should I back off? and right as you do he sends you another text and things start right back up again! I hope this helps

and I would really appreciate it if no one judged me! :)

stuff happens and you can't really help if you want to text someone all day

haha oh and texting may not be as intimate but if he says something really

sweet you have proof to show to all of your friends! =D

• girls are really sensitive and if a guys doesn't respond right away they automatically assume the worst and figure "hes not into me"

• Well I must say that I am guilty of feeling this way as well..us girls just can't help it, we are overly sensitve and over analyze everything..that is what we do...we were born with it...but honestly I do understand when someone does not message back right away,.,as they could be doing anything...but for the message to be totally ignored...yes that is when my panic would set in...although I have waited for responses back,.,I have never ever had a message not returned.,

• Girls worry about everything. We think up the worst possible thing that could happen. Say I'm texting my boyfriend and he's doesn't asnwer for a while. I start thinking "Omg. Maybe He's hurt! Maybe's He's with another girl! Maybe he's chaetingon me! Maybe someone died!" and then I come to find out he was taking a shower. We freak out because we care. A little too much sometimes.

• Some girls think, oh he didn't text back he doesn't want to talk to me at all. Girls do go way over board on that stuff.

• texting = attention = gives her an indication that you like her

I am actually a bad phone conversationalist. I prefer talking in person or texting. If someone isn't great at talking on the phone they will prefer messangers/texting.

But I do agree girls worry too much when a guy doesn't respond to a text right away. If you find yourself getting wound up over not getting a reply to a text, you need to relax and think about why he may not respond, which is he's probably busy.. not because he doesn't like you.

• I agree! I never pay much attention to text messages. A phone call means so much more. I think most people text because they don't feel like talking to that person and its easy to just not text back .

• yeah, I agree with you, I prefer a guy to call me so I can actually hear his damn voice and I know he isn't doing something while he's texting me.

Texting is a load of sh*t for me.

If a guy doesn't text me back, I would get pissed for a bit-so calling is way more important. it shows that you have interest I think. texts are so impersonal

• Show More
  • how old are you?

OH, your 18 to 24, it says... okay...

you are JUST waking up to the fact that women live in "crazyland"

lmFao... its normal...

EDITORS NOTE: do NOT confuse me saying "normal" with "good" or "optimum"

its just NORMAL, is all... get used to it.

I have women all figured out... in as much as there IS no figuring them out, don't waste your time... HEY, stuff my CATS do doesn't really make a lot of sense half the time, just like my old lady and half the sh*te she puts through her some days...

whatever...

I love my cats and the old lady just the same though... beats whacking off, I suppose...

yo, dude to dude and all... if ME and YOU had crazy mood swings once a month... someone would MEDICATE US... hint, hint

• Girls aren't going to like this, but it's because of their egos.

Girls have huge egos. They would rather text than talk because they don't have to worry about being responsible for what they say. As long as they're not responsible, they don't have to deal with the consequences. And if they don't have to deal with the consequences, then they don't have to claim it as a fault of their own.

Girls truly believe that they have no personality flaws or emotional faults, except when claiming that they're not perfect, because thinking their perfect is a bad thing as well. Girls want to do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they'll do whenever they have the opportunity to do it when they don't have to be responsible for the consequences.

It may sound like I'm bashing, I'm not... I'm jealous.

• There's an expert video on this. Watch it.

• Jesus tapdancin Christ textin can p*ss me off. sure a few texts in a day are no big deal, but nothing aggrivates me more than having to pick up the damn phone every 2 minutes to read some sh*t and respond imediately. I'm tryin to get sh*t done, and I can't be textin some stupid sh*t every 3 minutes. and if I don't respond right away I get that " you there?" crap. its so damn annoying. so indirect too. women, make a phone call now and then god damn! sure 1 text to see if they are busy or not before calling is convienient. phone calls can come at bad times, sure. but texting is a lot of work when you do it that much. I don't like putting forth that kind of effort. you can get so much more said and heard with a traditional phone call. like you said, then you can understand the tone of voice and over all attitude. I hate texting personally. before you know it, you have 100 messages on your phone and there still coming. half of the time I don't even respond to them, or make up some sh*t about how its runnin up my phone bill. if a girl wants to hear from me, I'll be glad to take her calls.

and thank you for finally bringing this to attention, its time some one spoke up, so I appreciate it

• because girls confuse conversation with communication

• Because they're dumb? Come on, chicks loved Hanson.

• girls tend to over-analyze everything.

• I agree completely, I hate texting versus calling...but then again texting was not around when I was 15-20!. lol I had a pager but it was a bitch to decode long messages! lol good ol days!.

• i read some where that girls really like receiving letters an note

it turns them on like those fabio novels

they are just more connected with words

• F texting...seriously... I hate how I can't tell how my Girlfriend is when I text her you know. I can't see her face and hear her voice, and I can't catch sarcasm. Also if your text doesn't fallow through then she/he might be broken hearted.

But on the other hand texting allows us to take time to compose a message instead of being on the spot. Its like writing a letter( which are cool to do)

• Yeah, I know text messages are not 100% reliable. I would much rather write an actual note on a small piece of paper, than texting. Texting is so generic and boring you know?

• The problem I have with texts is my girlfriend is really really affectionate in texts saying how much she misses me likes me etc but on the phone or in person is rarely like that so I think texts give people an easy way to say something to please someone even if they don't mean it. Also things can easily be misread in texts and cause arguements which is never good.

• hi's and what's ups don't need to be responded to right awayit gets old and repetitive

emergencys should be responded to right away, I'm talking house on fire emergencys

other than that its just quicker, that's why they like it

• Cause they like to be talked to of course, haha

• I guess so. I don't mind texting, but I wish it wasn't such a big deal when you don't text back for other reasons :>