My husband doesn't like/want to spend time with me except for having sex with me or when his friends are around.

He said this is normal once you are in a stable relationship. Is this true? This has been my only relationship.

I asked him why he always invite his friends along when it's only supposed to be us 2, he said he wanted to minimize his suffering.

I just think it's unfair I always tryout anything he's interested in and he acts nonchalant when I confront him about it. He said couples don't have to share any common interest at all as long as they love each other.

Your thoughts?

His parents are married but lives on separate continents & sees each other maybe 3 weeks each yr. I told him the fact that I don't feel wanted/needed and his response was a sigh, then says he doesn't know why he does that and he'll improve (been a cycle)
Yeah, I thought he was losing interest as well. We've been together for 7 years and he was like this after 6~12 months of dating. I'm now divorced because I felt so lonely in the marriage. Thanks for your insights
Divorce was finalized a week ago. I just can't stop thinking about the divorce. I keep thinking that it is all my fault and feel like a failure, maybe I was being too attention needy. This issue has bothered me and I wanted unbiased opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine does the same thing. He got mad at me this morning because I ruined his plans to suprise me by spending all wknd with me (immediately taking the kids off to grandmas after school today before I get home from work)...which always means he draws me a bubble bath (normally a sweet idea) but it is always just after I settle into doing something I need to do before the wknd is up...and then he wants to lay around for hours and have sex several times...I never am in the mood like that, because there is no emotional connection made aside from sex from him...which makes me feel like a means to an end. Then after sex he will have some great idea like spring cleaning the closets or washing every bit of laundry in the house. I bring up things like starting a garden, going to a small community festival, window shopping at Lowes/Home Depot, etc...and he makes me sound like I have some hair-brained idea to remodel the entire damn house...when I am just looking for things to build and accomplish together unlike loading the dishwasher again! I feel sucked dry! Any interst I have is stupid or not worth his time. Things that are important to me, ie getting out of debt or planning a vacation, are not important enough to put time or money into...he just wants everything done on a whim. I used to be spontaneous and fun, but after kids one of us had to grow up. His family GIVES him so many breaks...and he thinks he is busting his a-double to get things...bull crap. He busts his as to pursue his interests...and poops on any of my ideas. I am so sick of being demeaned and used. I do not think this will last, but I do not know what to do. I took this path, I have children from this relationship...and I feel like I have made a huge mistake with this man. I do not think we will be together after the kids move out. It is good enough to struggle thru with the kids, but if it was not for them, he would be no more than a good friend I keep in touch with now and then. I would be relieved to have my life persona, my goals...b/c right now I do not have any little bit of them. I can compromise, I can share, I can even let go and let the other win...but not 100% of the time, esp. when I am the one left in charge of the dull important things like bills and dr's appointments and taxes. Why do I not have a say in the fun stuff. He used to think I was I feel dull and muted. I hate my life aside from my kids. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!