What does it mean when a girl says "I need time to think"?

Last Tuesday myself and my girlfriend broke up after a year together. We were due to move in together but she got doubts (shes 21 and I'm 25) and we talked about it and decided to split up (she said she needed time to think if she still wanted to be with me but I said I didn't want to be mucked about so ended the relationship myself).

I missed her a lot and called her a couple of days later to tell her how I felt and I would give her space, she said she still cared about me and cried. Also I gave her the opportunity to just say "lets call it a day" but she said "no, I still have feelings for you". We are meeting this friday to discuss getting back together/breaking up.

So far she hasn't been in contact and I'm worried this means she doesn't really miss me and can do without.

A) What does "i need time to think mean"?

B) What should I expect when we meet to talk ie. will I get dumped for sure?

C) Should I make an elaborate gesture or just meet at a simple restaurant to talk?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• a. when a girl says she needs time to think it just means that she wants to take things slowely and wants to think if she is doing the right thing for her... she doesn't want to hurt you

b. it all depends on what she's been thinking about... my suggestion... bring a boquay of flowers and a poem express your feelings to her

c. bring her somewhere special... like if you met at a special place bring her there... or bring her someplace that can resemble your feelings for her

if ya want more info... send me a message

What Girls Said 1

• i think she just wants to make sure she is making the right decision in her life. this is probably a big step for her and just really needs to think. what's probably going through her mind is mainly how your relationship would change if you moved in together. its hard to say what to expect because everyone reacts differently, and only she knows what she is going to do or say. I would prepare for almost anything. you know what she is like and most likely to say in this kind of situation. I would keep it simple. unless she said something like "i need to know that you love me" then don't overdo it. meet at a simple restaurant, keep it simple. you don't want her to feel like you are pressuring her or making her feel guilty. if you do get back together, then make the gesture.

Good luck! :)

What Guys Said 1

• A - It could mean various things. Generally, it means she wants to split, because she's just not in to you. If she was really in to you, she probably wouldn't be hesitating. It's also possible that she wants to move in with you, but she's facing external pressure, like maybe her family's telling her: "you had better NOT move in with him!".

B - Dumped? Probably.

C - No elaborate gesture necessary. I don't think anything will save you.