Guy I'm wild about calls me "my love", I don't know if he's available!

the story is that we've known each other for several years, but just casually working in the same artistic circle. I asked him out awhile back because I was picking up on some attraction from him - him touching my shoulder when I passed by, smiling shyly when we chatted, feeling general attraction when we were near each other.i'm older, so I thought it would be fun to ask him out. turns out he had been dating someone, but he said he always thought I was awesome, he would love to hang out, implying as friends. turns out he flaked every time I tried to get together with him.i moved away, & a year later after I asked him out, he gets in touch asking how I am, & how my love life is. when he learned I was going to be in town, he says he wants to get together & hang out, wants to see me. he never gets in touch - again! after learning I'm moving back to town, he says again he wants to hang out & asks for my number. keeps saying he's going to call, soon. in fact, now is the time he guestimated he would be avail to call me. all the while, he's graduated from calling me "dear" via e-mail, to "darling" & now he said "my love". I don't know whether he's still with that girlfriend or not, & now I'm not sure if he's suddenly going to own up & phone now that he's upgrading his terms of endearment.confusion! I'm not waiting around, I'm super busy, but this tease is driving me crazy after years of attraction! thoughts? he called me "my love". what does this mean?

forgot to mention that he's also been saying I'm "beautiful" on several occasions. this has been by e-mail. again, we work in the same artistic circle, on projects, so it's driving me mad!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• There is a high probability that he's in to you but it COULD be that he sees you as a really close friend...I say this because one of my best female friends (she's like a big sister to me) also calls me Hun and My Love and she treats me exactly like he treats you... But there is nothing between us as a matter of fact she got married early last month. We're just good friends that's it. Sorry if this confuses you more but at lest its another perspective

• Thanks for the reply! but I'm afraid we're anything but close friends. it's like this - I book & promote bands, he's in a band I work w/. the only time we talk, is about a gig, or in random chats about the music scene. nothing ever in depth. that's what I would like tho'! he's always had a girlfriend of some sort. even so, he's always used charm on me, like he's trying to impress me. my close friends & I don't try to impress each other! so it's not that. I'm 10 years older than him

• Show Older
    • Update: well he texted me, & then phoned! for the first time! just the day after I wrote this.he asked me non-stop questions about when I got back into town, where am I living, what have I been doing with myself. musicians are usually pretty self-centered & don't talk about anyone but themselves. he kept saying he wants to hang out soon, pretty insistent on getting together in the next week. I feel like he's split with that girl, & is finally able to show his feelings. so great to finally connect!

• If that's the case then good luck

• means he's into you heavily and is shy to confess his feelings or something in his life is holding him back such as a Girlfriend or something I mean it could be anything from a broken phone or car to space aliens from the future preventing yours and his demise o.o...im like half your age so...i tried :) hope I helped - Nick

• Hey thanks for the reply. what I don't get, is that, if he's interested, why be so flakey? he's made this impression with me now that he's a flake, so I don't trust that he'll do what he says he'll do.unless he's just getting out of this relationship. even then, why would he say yes, he's into hanging out, then let me down? he also knows I've had a thing for him, at least in the past.i kind of feel toyed w/, but man, am I crazy for him! so talented, gorgeous, & clever.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!