• Ask
  • myTake

What does a temporary relationship break actually mean to a guy? Especially when he says he wants to get back together.

My boyfriend and I were together for around 3 months, but they weren't exactly plain sailing, we're both in uni and our living arrangement meant it... Show More

What Guys Said 2

• I will say that if it had been a girl he never met before, maybe that would be ok.Maybe.But the fact that it's his ex makes it a sin, for sure.Time to move on. You're being very rational.He's being a pig, more or less.While I get that he misses the emotional connection the two of you developed, he's trying to substitute with someone he had a whole separate set of emotions developed with.So move on, it's disrespectful no matter what the circumstances are, and even if his plan is to get rid of her at the end of summer, what does that say for his level of respect for women?He'd rather substitute the lose of connection with you for someone who he had a connection with, and has made it clear they are hurting for him, and he'll take them back only to drop them again?Doesn't sound like a guy that should have anyone's heart, and probably the type of guy who will stuff his secretary in the closet while she's having sex with him, because his wife enters the room, and she decides to have sex with him.Talk about a weirdo.

• I have to agree with WaitingAtTheDoor.Time to move on. First off, when a guy tells a girl he wants a break for "the summer" it means he wants to see what else is out there, and doesn't want to be held down. This way, if he does find someone else, he doesn't have to feel guilty about it because you guys were on a break.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!