My Boyfriend wants me to change my appearance?

A few days ago, my boyfriend asked me if I could 'gain weight' for him. He told me he'd love if I did that because he "likes it to jiggle." Now, I'm a thin girl, I weigh about 116 lbs. and I'm 5'5 but I'm healthy. I'm not anorexic looking, I have a nice, round bottom... But anyway, I feel very insulted that my boyfriend would ask me such a thing because 1.)That tells me he's not happy with the way I look, 2.) He expects me to change for HIM, meaning he doesn't like me the way I already am. 3.) It makes me insecure to know that I'm physically not the kinda girl he likes (maybe he's looking at other women..) 4.) It makes me feel that he's a bit shallow, when I thought he should be focusing on bigger things. Do you guys think I have the right to get mad? If I tried putting on weight to please him, will he lose respect for me because I'm changing MY looks for HIM? I don't know how to handle this situation, but it kinda hurts me.. Why doesn't he just move on to a thicker girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow that is messed up. I've heard of guys complaining their girlfriend is not thin enough, but never not fat enough!

Putting that aside, tell him to go F himself. It sounds like you've got a smoking hot body and he's not satisfied with that? His loss. Don't change for him. Don't change for anybody. It's your body and your life, you're free to do what you want.

If it were me I'd dump him. You can try discussing it, but if he's brought it up it will always be in his mind (for whatever reason).

• Thank you... Very helpful advice... But you said "it will always be on his mind".... you don't think he'll ever be able to accept me the way that I am now and be genuinely happy with it?

• Obviously he's going to tell you you look good when you're getting it on... he'd be an even bigger idiot if you told you in the middle of sex he wanted you to change your look. He knows that would stop the sex right then and there.

• True.... hmm... I don't know what to do at this point. I mean, he made that comment to me only once (about gaining weight).... I guess if he mentions it again THEN I should do something...