How do you say goodnight to your girlfriend/boyfriend?

My girlfriend (about a month and a bit now both 21) doesn't seem to take any interest in the way she says goodnight or the way she talks to me in general.

For example. We'll be texting back and forth and when she's ready to go to sleep she'll usually just say:

"Well I'm going to head to bed now. Goodnight! :)"

"I'm tired, so I'm going to bed now. I'll talk to you tomorrow!"

Than I'll usually respond with something nice/sweet or whatever, but she never seems to even try and be charming let alone even reply after that. Am I being totally weird about this? I feel like when a girl cares she would try and make the effort to make sure her boyfriend knows or at least say some something loving once and a while. Especially before going to sleep.

Ps. Since we have been dating she has been reluctant to flirt even a little bit. And she has not once complimented me. I don't get it. She's like a closed book

I'm pretty sure she likes me. She usually stays until early hours of the morning when we hang out. And apparently talks about me to her family a lot.

These mixed signals are just confusing..

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't stress to much at the moment, as she sounds like she's being conversational in her closing. A bad sign would be when she's just, "Night" with no smiley face, no talking, or anything. I don't know about her, but maybe she feels uncomfortable getting all sentimental via text.

I say try texting her that you're going to bed first. That'll throw the ball into her court. Try it once and see if she writes anything beyond, "Night ! :)" and if she doesn't, try again a second night and end with a compliment. "I'm drained, going to bed. But I can't wait until tomorrow when I can finally see you again" ro soemthing like that (obviously, don't be too cheesy, just stik to your situation). :) Then she'll probably respond likewise. If not, then maybe she just isn't too chatty.

I'm sure she likes you if she c alls you her boyfriend and talks to her fam about you. :)