How long does the average relationship last?

How many months or years does an average teenage relationship last for in high school?

Most Helpful Girl

• From the people I see for about 2 yrs but that's if the guys have benefits if not 3 or 4 months

What Guys Said 1

• Um it really matters how you guys bond I dated a girl once and we bonded alright and that relationship lasted a few months and now I'm with a new girl and I bonded completely with her and we have been dating for 3 year's and we still have that bond

What Girls Said 5

• I would say from my own experience. That an average teenage relationship(not the friends w/benefits kind) lasts about 3-6 months.

Some will last 9-18 mos. But I think that most don't really get that far.

• The longest relationship I've seen out of my immediate friends is about 9 months to a year. (:

However, one couple I know. I don't think they'll end up breaking up until they absolutely need to for university, etc.

• Teenage in high school?

Mine vary!

I've had some at the beginning of high school which have lasted a couple of weeks, which is really odd for me.

But now, a lot of my relationships last around 4 months to a year.

My longest relationship was almost 2 years = )

• i started going out with my boyfriend at the beggining of year 9 and now I'm in my second year of college

nearly 5 years :)

is this not normall lol?

• 1 year