How to know when a guy wants to be exclusive?

So I've been seeing a guy for almost two weeks now. We've been on two dates, and he's going to come back here this coming up weekend. He made it no secret that he just likes to see where things go, which I'm fine with. Last night we were talking and he brought up the fact that I almost moved in with my ex (boyfriend at the time) after less than 3 months of dating. Which is true cause we were sorta long distance at the time. The guy I am currently seeing lives 3 hours from me. So he asked when I was going to move in with him. I could sense he was joking. I was like, well I'm not even your girlfriend yet, so.. Then he said something how he had to let all the other girls know before he changed his status. Then he was like, it could start a riot. Might need to involve the president, the cabinet, etc. And said it would be the biggest stimulus off the market. I'm like, what? Basically said he was referring to his penis, if he went off the market. So I can't help but think he is going to ask me to be his girlfriend when I see him this weekend. What do you guys think? Was that his subtle way of hinting that he did want to become exclusive? I would think if he didn't, he wouldn't of said that and/or would had ignored the subject.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• It's certainly possible he wants to be "exclusive", but at the same time be careful he's not just a fancy talker looking for some action.

• Personally, I think if that were the case, he could just find someone in his own city and not spend money. Both times we've went out, he's driven 3 hours, and spent around $50 on our dates each time.

• You'd be surprised what some guys do... but you're probably right. Best way to find out is talk with him about it.

What Girls Said 1

• Truth? I think he was using humour to avoid your question. I wouldn't count on him asking for exclusivity after only 2 dates.His mention of your last relationship - was the tip-off to you that he sees you as moving too fast in relationships.. again humour to difuse the fact he thinks you need to cool your jets.He is a smooth talker... so be careful. When he is ready he will let you know. You have already let him know that it is a possiblity. Just go with the flow and let him take the lead.Good luck!

• I didn't even say anything to him for him to ask about me almost moving in with my ex. It was pretty random; came out of nowhere. And he's admitted that he's moved in with a girlfriend after a month before. So I don't think he's in a position to question whether I move too fast or not. I also didn't ask him a question. He mentioned it and I told him that I wasn't his girlfriend yet. That was not a question.

• Show Older
    • I was going to visit him this past weekend for my bday, but he came here instead. He said he didn't want me spending money I didn't really have. And of course I want to date him. We've spent a little more than two dinners together. We talk online everyday for a while, and he also ended up staying the night here Saturday night and left Sunday evening. He's been in a long distance relationship before, as have I, so it must not be an issue with him. He approached me first on the dating site.

• I think if he lived near me, yes.. two or three dates might seem a little rushed, but I think dating someone that is long distance before you're exclusive is a little bit of a different scenario. I think we talk much more than I would talk to a guy I was dating that lived in my zip code. I know people in LDR's that have become exclusive after a week.