Is it wrong to not want to be in a relationship?

all my damn friends want me to get a man but I don't want to:

1 I don't want to be held down yet

2 I'm afraid of getting hurt

3 I'm afraid to fall in love :\

there's a problem here isn't there? is it wrong to feel this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not such a great idea to get into a relationship just because you think you should - then you don't like the person you're with. So really, there's nothing wrong with not wanting a relationship. But in regards to what you said...

1 - fair enough if you want to be single. Just means that one day someone might come along and you might really want to be with only them, and then it won't feel like being 'held down,' you'll be there because you want to be.

2 & 3 - that's pretty normal but also not the best way to think. True, relationships, whether they develop into love or not, can hurt like nothing else. But they can also be really amazing, and as the old cliche goes, better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all =] and hopefully if the right person does come along, you won't be afraid to be with them if it's what you both want.

What Guys Said 4

• Hey what can I say I feel the same way. I'm not looking for a relationship anytime soon. I'm having too much fun being single

• no...it means your just not ready for a solid committment to one person...its perfectly normal at your age.

• Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's better to not be in a relationship, rather than be in one that is unhealthy.

• Nothing wrong. Be free and independent!

What Girls Said 10

• nope, I felt the same way when I was your age, then when I was 19 I found the love of my life with out looking for him.

• nothing wrong with that. I don't want to get hurt either and I'm too busy

• i don't thinh its bad but sometimes being single is lonely. you shouldnt be scared to try sumthang new. and if ur heart gets broken learn from it and its was a reason that person was worthless and didn't deserve to be in your life

• all I can tell you is that when you find the one you really love, and you falling in love with him you will mostly liking get hurt. I am in love with my ex boyfriend.. and trust me it hurts when things don't work out.

• NO ONE should tell you that you need to get a man. that's stuppid,

More from Girls
5