Is it wrong to not want to be in a relationship?

all my damn friends want me to get a man but I don't want to: 1 I don't want to be held down yet 2 I'm afraid of getting hurt 3 I'm afraid to fall... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not such a great idea to get into a relationship just because you think you should - then you don't like the person you're with. So really, there's nothing wrong with not wanting a relationship. But in regards to what you said...

1 - fair enough if you want to be single. Just means that one day someone might come along and you might really want to be with only them, and then it won't feel like being 'held down,' you'll be there because you want to be.

2 & 3 - that's pretty normal but also not the best way to think. True, relationships, whether they develop into love or not, can hurt like nothing else. But they can also be really amazing, and as the old cliche goes, better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all =] and hopefully if the right person does come along, you won't be afraid to be with them if it's what you both want.