How to know if someone want to be your friend or not?

I having a tough time reading this girl. I known her for a couple months. The first time we met, she introduced herself to me and my friend in... Show More

I don't think she is shy because she introduced herself to me and my friend. She is more talkative with other guys than to me. Is she less talkative to me because I am not talkative?
She drove me home one time because my bike got stolen. Is that what a friend would do or she is just returning a favor?

I am the type of person who help out others so I can't really tell.
Thank you for answering.

How can you tell if the person doesn't want to be friends or not?

I guess I could just ask her if I am a friend to her or just an acquaintance. How would I do that without it being awkward?

Most Helpful Opinion

• I can understand you feeling confused, it sounds to me like you are unhappy and have an idea of what you would like a friendship to be that she is not meeting.

I feel that if you are not happy then you may need to accept that and find other friends with whom you feel at ease with. Decide what kind of realtionship you want, be specific about it to yourself and don't settle for less.

Are you attracted to this girl, is that why you are clinging on to her when it seems she is happy whilst you are not? That sounds unbalanced to me and I feel it needs addressing. Have you tried having a conversation with her to tell her how you feel? That really is the only way you can find out if she feels the same way or not, she may understan how you feel and change her behaviour towards you.

I would also not assume that she turned down your invitation because of you - we all have the right to change our minds don't we, don't you?

Best of luck and love your way, I hope and trust you will find the relationships you want.

• I am attracted to her but that's not the point. I just confused because she'll act like she wants to friend but then she'll act like she doesn't. She is really hard to read that is why I am confused.