My boyfriend keeps score!

He has a temper. And he has told me he likes things his way (well, who doesn't? but we have to compromise right?).

He keeps score. Every time I do something that he doesn't like (and believe me, it's never intentional), then he uses it later to remind me that I mess up a lot.

For instance yesterday we had band rehearsal and I forgot to bring my tuner. He got upset. I told him it was an honest mistake, that I didn't remember I had moved my tuner and that I was sure it was in my bag. He himself had forgotten his keys. His response? "Well, why didn't you check your bag before you came to the rehearsal? Did you think about that?".

Sometimes they're tiny things like the tuner thing, other times it's something bigger (like if I forget to call when I said I would). The worst thing is that he compares. He is jealous of past guys I've been with (not boyfriends) and he is always like "I bet when you were with X you didn't forget to call him".

It's hard, because I don't do those things on purpose and he gets mad!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 3

• Selected as most helpful

I agree that you should probably just leave him, because that's not the kind of problem that just goes away or has a simple solution. He's insecure and defensive, and that causes him to lash out at you without thinking about YOUR feelings.

You can try to talk to him about it and let him know that it really hurts you, but I'm not sure how successful that would be, because guys like him tend to just turn everything into an argument.

• I would have dumped him a longgg time ago. He sounds really insecure and immature too

• I probably would have broken up with him by now if I were you...

• sounds happy

i don't put up with that

i'd leave

• if you don't like him telling you this, why are you with him?

• This is just part of who he is. If it's that big a deal to you, you have to leave him.

• This guy sounds like a insecure f***ing prick. You should leave him.