Is my boyfriend losing interest?

He says he Loves me and everything, but he doesn't tell me those sweet words he used to say to me when we first started liking each other. I would... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy and I've been on the other side of this, so I will try to tell you what my side of the story looks like. not that it is definitely what is happening in your situation, but because my situation matches up to your boyfriends pretty spot on.

I love my girlfriend with all of my heart, and we have already talked about getting married after 2 years, so I was not losing interest when I stopped texting our little "special lingo". What happened in my mind was that I was so comfortable with the way things were that I slacked off a little on the cute talk texting. It requires a lot of time and fidgeting trying to think of something cute to say in EVERY situation. As our relationship progressed, I became lax out of comfort (which is not good on my part at all, because your partner deserves those little "going out of your way" moments as do you from them.) but I was definitely not losing interest in "us". I also think that as a relationship gets further along, both you and your partner will need less of the cute talk texting. because you'll have deeper and more meaningful moments to live for.

I think you may be surprised how many guys are really in this same boat.