What's the difference between seeing,dating, and in a relationship?

What's the difference between seeing someone, dating someone, and being in a relationship?

So at what point does it get exclusive...?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather label the sections "Seeing someone", "Courting", and "Being in a relationship".. That way less people are confused, because you quoted two of the same thing above, haha.

Regardless, exclusivity is believed to start at "Seeing someone"; but in all actuality it isn't official exclusivity until you have reached the "Courting" stage.

Here's my example of each situation, so you can better reference it for yourself:

1) Seeing someone

- You guys flirt, conversate, hang out, and talk about relationships

2) Courting

- You guys start going on dates, you begin interacting physically (hugging / kissing / etc), etc

3) Being in a relationship

- You guys are official as "boyfriend / girlfriend" and have established a full relationship level of comittment.

~ ArtistBBoy

• What if the guy said "we're dating" and "being in a relationship" the same thing?

• We're dating = Being in a relationship.. So I redefined the terminology above in my answer... The section the QA quoted as "dating" I redefined to courting - the actions before being in a relationship.. Read through the answer and it may help, if you are still confused, could you rephrase your question for me?

• Oh I'm sorry I get it now..thanks =] I was confused cause you said courting instead haha oops