What would you do if your SO ignores you after an argument?

lets say you had an argument last night.. what would you do if they ignored you next day when you text them? and would you get angry/upset?

• Keep texting till they reply
  • Shoot them another text: "message me when you have time please" or something similar
  • Call them till they pick up
    Vote C
  • Give few missed calls for them to call back
    Vote D
  • Just give them space till next following day
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

618

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore them until they reach out to you. When they give you the "silent treatment," enjoy the silence. Go about you life as if everything is fine.

I can't stand the passive aggressive bs. The trick is not to feed into it. When you start to ask questions and repeatedly try to open dialogue, you are giving them what they want: attention!!! Personally, it's over if you are acting this way. You've learned this crap along time ago and you aren't going to change because it works for you. Until it doesn't with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably ring a few times.. because me and my boyfriend talk everyday and have always ended up sorting out our arguments.

What Guys Said 17

• Well first I would try to figure out if its intentional or they are just busy, if I discovered that it was intentional I would explain to them that not only is it childish to ignore me its also incredibly stupid. I can't fix anything if she won't listen to me or communicate with me. If she was unwilling to communicate with me to fix this problem then clearly she is unwilling to stop her petty temper tantrum for the sake of the relationship so either she stop and actually act like an adult or we would be done. I don't tolerate bullshit or stupidity, I don't have the patience for it.

• Giving the silent treatment to one's SO is extremely childish and unacceptable. Therefore, it warrants a response that ensures it doesn't ever happen again.

I would fake a holiday in Prague and post random pics of hot Czech babes on my facebook until I get a pulse.

• I voted "E." They are choosing not to communicate. Yet communication is key for a relationship to be certain and vital... ever wonder why long distance relationships suffer so much even if it was the best thing next to _____?

... Then again some people just are refusing to see another's side no matter what... sometimes simply trying to outshout them in a way... all that person can do is ignore them because nothing is going to help them solve "their" problem.

• Sometimes it takes awhile to calm down. I've had those times that I just rather not talk in fear that i'll say something I might regret. You're fine.

• Give them space until they come to you.

• I'd just let them cool of for three days. If they still don't want to talk then either I make them or I threaten the relationship.

• Why 3 days?
      Why not 3 hours? o 3 minutes? 3 second? 3 milliseconds? 3 microseconds? 3 nanoseconds? picoseconds? 3 femtoseconds? 3 attosecond?

• Still. The question still remains. Why 3 days?

• @Schrodingerscat because I like that number. And it seems optimal. 1st day so that they can vent. 2nd day for them to cool off. 3rd day to get rid of any leftovers.

• I'd leave them a message saying I'm going to give them space and to call me sometime tomorrow.

• I'd leave them alone for a day, and then ask them what's up, if they are still ignoring me. it could be that they are still probably upset about, and don't wanna talk, or they are still processing some things, or are just stressed out. part of being in a relationship is knowing when to give space. after an argument has ended, if you see they are ignoring you, give them e space for a day or two. patience goes a long way.

• I would ignore them for as long as they ignore me. I'd probably trick myself into being sad for a short while, but then I would soon remember that I don't need others to make me happy all the time.
    One person (me) at 100% and another person (my partner) at 0% is much better than both of us at 10%.

• My wife and I have had several arguments through the years in which both of us have mutually given each other the "silent treatment" for two or three days at a time.

• So to answer the question , I would most likely ignore her right back

• Just give them space for a few days. If they are that immature and continue to pout or temper tantrum instead of work it out and deal with it I'd probably just dump them (have before for similar reasons).

• Give her space.

• Give them some space my goodness! Give them time to cool off!

• I don't put up with that crap.

I go out without them and have fun.

• Give them space. If they dont respond after a day then they can get fucked

• i dont argue with girls... its not a mans stuff

• Nothing, because it is an indirect way of them saying break up to you.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd be upset if he ignored me. If we fight, we prefer to go do separate things, sit in separate rooms or whatever until we calm down. That is something I am fine with. I'd be cool with him responding to a message or whatever by saying he doesn't want to talk but we'll talk later, but outright ignoring me is pretty disrespectful.

• I consider it to be completely unacceptable for my SO to ignore me after a fight. We need to talk things through, resolve the issue, and then reaffirm our relationship by going back to normal and showing that we care about each other. Walking around the block, or taking an hour or so to cool off and gather your thoughts, is one thing. But shutting your SO out indefinitely at a time when the relationship is already vulnerable isn't healthy.

• I'd ask him to talk later and if he completely ignored me I would call him out on being childish and tell him to let me know when he's done.

• Give them some space 3 - 4 days

• I would ignore him too