• Ask
  • myTake

How long does it take for a guy to get over a relationship?

It was a 1.5 year relationship. How long does it take for them to move on?

Most Helpful Opinion

• Guys hide their emotions better than girls, so it'll often seem like the guy has gotten over his ex a lot quicker than he really has. They also try to get a new girl pretty fast as a way to cope. Typically if he broke up with her then it will be a little faster than if he was dumped. 1.5 years though will take some time to get over unless he had been dying to get out of it for a while.

What Guys Said 1

• I dated somebody for little more than a year. Despite what most people thought about me, it took almost a year and a half to completely move on. Most men are very good at covering up their emotions.I'd generally say the moving on process is about equal to the amount of time you spent dating that person. But than again it also depends on the circumstances of your break up.

What Girls Said 4

• Not Long. Trust me. and even if they're not over you yet, they won't let you know that. They'll make you chase them.

• You can't really put a time on a relationship, something like that, can't be said, "2 weeks, 5months, a year. it depends on the situation and who was hurt the most.

• idk, it all depends on the guy...theres not a certainly time.For example, my ex boyfriend of 3 years and 5 months started seeing another girl (who's now his gf) within 2 weeks after we broke up. And I NEVER would believe that one day he would do...