My boyfriend hates my best friend's brother, and made me delete him off of Facebook, why ?

My boyfriend met my best friends brother at her Christmas party. Needless to say he was pretty rude to him. My best friends brother can be a ass hole... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't seem to understand WHY your boyfriend did this. I would trust it's actually for your long-term benefit.

Try to see your boyfriend is not the one being controlling here. He is simply trying to protect you. Let me explain why this is.

When it comes to other men, men DO have a sixth sense about other people, especially bad people. If you've ever seen the TV series 'The Wonder Years' you'll know what I mean. If he feels the relationship between you as his girlfriend and him is being threatened by a potential outsider/third party, you boyfriend will do what he can to protect it. And that includes your best friends 'brother' or anyone else for that matter.

You mentioned this guy was a jerk. If that is the case, he has the potential to ruin the relationship between you and your boyfriend, regardless of what may think of him. It is possible your boyfriend has sensed this (that he is trouble) and noticed your best friend's brother's intentions towards you. It could be moves he's done behind your back or things your boyfriend noticed like the way he looks towards you - this is why your boyfriend is being so agitated and concerned. For the fact that this guy is also your best friend's brother, its possible in the worst outcome he may be using the relationship you have with his sister to 'get to you' ie. her brother has an ulterior motive. THAT is probably why he asked you to add him again on FB.

I would say don't worry about the deletion of her brother - you are making it too much of an issue for your friend, and you are making your boyfriend's life hard - so don't. If you truly love him, listen to what your boyfriend says and follow his instincts - he is most likely correct in this instance. If your friend is truly your best friend it should not matter at all you deleted her brother and she would not mind it you having done that - after all the relationship is mostly between you and her. If she does ask just tell her you are doing for your boyfriend's sake cos he's paranoid and say you hope she doesn't mind. I do that all the time with my other friends too (I don't add all of their siblings, cos I don't know them very well) so don't worry...

• Wow! Men have a sixth sense about other people, especially bad people? Never heard that before. I thought it was women with the sixth sense.

• Show Older
    • This sounds like some good old bullsh*t sort of.. really , your boyfriend hates the guy and you say he's an asshole most of the time and also your friend is just his sister, not him, so why in the hell would you want to be friends with a guy your boyfriend hates and you yourself say he's an ass? it doesn't make any sense

• First you said he was an asshole. If he is then your boyfriend knows he is an asshole and you should not worry. two, it is facebook! Have you though that most guys don't give 2 shi** who there face book friends are. I agree with the guy above my comment. Guys have a sixth sense. You boyfriend knows that you have or want to sleep with this guy. Chicks are attracted to assholes. That's why he is trying to control your FB friends