Is it normal for my boyfriend to curse and degrade me whenever he gets angry about anything?

It's not possible to confront him about anything (no matter how small the issue is) without him threatening to harm himself. He'll curse at me and... Show More

I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of him committing suicide, he's attempted it in the past...my friends see our relationship as a misery loves company situation. I'm blindly optimistic and fear I'd be throwing away something fixable=/

Most Helpful Opinion

• Honestly girl, I say get out of there. if he is saying that he will harm himself and commit suicide,tell him you will tell someone. and if he truly loves you he wouldn't put you through that and that suicide is a selfish thing. one of my counselors told me that majority of people who say they are going to commit suicide,dont actually do it. they know that you care for them so much, and it is there way of making you do things or hurting you. also,it still needs to be taken seriously if he has attempted before. I also say get out of there,because it is a mentally abusive relationship. he uses what he knows hurts you to get what he wants and make him be the victim. this is not a good relationship to be in it can leave permanent damage to your mental preference. it may be hard, but after two years I think you should break it off because it doesn't matter how long you've already dealt with this, you can't deal with it any longer let alone the rest of your life.

good luck to you:]

• Thanks hun, I appreciate the advice. I suppose I should try to ease him out of the relationship by 'taking a break' maybe after some time passes he'll grow accustomed to not having me around...

• Yeah that would be a safer way:]