Why do people feel the need to "party" when they are younger to "find themselves"?

I mean like younger people... late teens/early 20s... they're out smoking, drinking a lot, casual sex, etc. being stupid basically. honestly, why? I don't see how it helps them "find themselves".

I don't do drugs or anything, I'm a virgin and I know who I am. I'm 19 years old, and I'm a put-together person. I'm not out doing things that negatively impact my health or do something risky for the sake of "fun" because I see no fun in smoking... Drinking socially would be totally cool and not to get trashed but in a more classy manner, and there's no fun in whoring yourself out there... what about REAL love?!

If people wanna "find themselves", stop acting dumb, show some respect for yourself and others, care about people other than yourself, and seek more "normal" fun things to do... there's lots of perfectly good, fun things to do. And just be you. Don't do things to fit a mold of "everyone's doing it!"

Not that hard... The drama-free life is good. I'm healthy, it's great! ...but I'd be a WHOLE lot happier if my peers weren't getting progressively more and more stupid, and making dumb choices and girls actually pursued decent guys as opposed to the typical frat-boy.

end rant lol. sorry I'm just in a bad mood right now

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, my shallow and heartless ex girlfriend was one of those! Had everything great with me, but decided she needed to be a party-animal whore and throw everything away.

• Hey man I'm sorry to hear that... :(

• Boring? No, not boring. You women can just never be happy with anything. It's insane. The fact that you are so bitchy about this, just boggles me. Can't let loose and have a good time? I was in a fraternity, partied my ass off.. Never cared what she did either. Never held her back from time with her friends, tried to always include her in things I was doing. I always tried keeping things fun. Shut your **** mouth and go make someone dinner you useless bitch

• While I don't agree with the name-calling and gender-role stereotypes being thrown out, I DO agree that women just can't be happy with anything... they always gotta have SOMETHING to complain about in the relationship or the guy is "boring". if you knew what love was, you wouldn't complain about any drama or about your man at all. you'd love and appreciate everything about him. us guys are "good" (or "boring", and treat you RIGHT) because we CARE.

why make life harder for someone we care about