How to get over a booty call relationship?

I'm tired of being that... I like him but I'm slowly getting turned off that that's all I am to him. but I know I gotta move on. guys and girls,... Show More

@dudeman - you are a pig.

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well first of all, be proud of yourself that you want to get out at all! Many girls continue to let themselves get used even though they're not happy. So you're already a step above for realizing it and wanting to fix it. I know the situation really sucks. Hopefully the story of how it worked out for me might help!

I was in a similar situation about 2 years ago. I never had sex with the guy, but him and I were messing around outside of a relationship. It happened slowly, but I was developing feelings for him and I thought it was eventually going to lead to a relationship. He would text me a lot and invite me to hang out with him and his roommate, etc. But overall, I was just oblivious to the signs that he only wanted me for a hookup and nothing else.

Finally one night he came over to my place and we watched a movie. We had a really good time just talking and laughing, and later we hooked up a little bit. I really thought this was going to turn into something real, so that night I asked him how he felt about making it official. He just sat there all nervous and was like, "I'm really not trying to have a girlfriend right now," and then he quickly left. I felt SO used and disrespected.

Fortunately though, these booty call guys never disappear for good. So a couple months later, I had a chance to redeem myself. He called me, asked me how I was and asked me to come over and see him because he "missed me." I was very polite, laughed and joked around, and said thanks but no thanks. He was shocked. He tried quite a few more times and even called back in a couple hours trying to get me to come over. Every time I told him "I'm sorry that's not my thing." When he'd say it wasn't to hook up it was just to hang out and catch up, I'd tell him "Ok well let's catch up during the day then."

It drove him crazy. He tried again many more times for months to get me to come over and it never worked. He eventually just asked me to lunch. I can't say him and I are really friends right now, but I can feel the respect is there. I felt like the lowest of the low, and now I feel like I completely have the upperhand. It's not too late for you and it feels so good! I hope this motivates you to get your respect back as well.

• He got mad at me I stood him up the other day. I lied to him that I woke up late and he knew I lied and I don't care what he thinks anymore. he's a liar too and I used to like him in the beginning because he showed me what a nice guy he was but he doesn't care about me after something happened between us. I still like him but I am slowly losing it I want to tell him but I don't wanna talk about it with him anymore. because simple he doesn't care

• Show Older
    • Good for you! That guy's a loser, you deserve much better!

• Yea news flash lol. I had to go to their department to punch out. he was sitting there with his boss. his back facing me but he can't miss me because of my heels lol. (he knows the way I walk) he had to look and turned around when I came back. I walked without even looking his way but I saw how he almost broke his neck to check me out. lol what a fool! lmao