Ex boyfriend broke up with me because didn't want to commit, now in a relationship? why?

My ex boyfriend and I had been in a relationship for 2 years. He broke up with me twice. First time was after a year and 2 months for only 1 week. Second time was definite. Break up didn't end badly I understood his reasons.We still kept in contact and hanged out etc. His reasons for breaking up with me was because he wanted to get his life back on track financially, mentally and etc. Because we both only had one sexual partner (each other) he wanted to gain more experience before settling down and getting into a relationship, in other words f*** around. I'm o.k with that because its a guys calling/intuition. We catch up like 4 times a week and all of a sudden he stop contacting me for a week. Then I find out he just got into a relationship a week after from contacting me? Anyways I don't understand why he told me he didn't want to commit and now his in a relationship. To top it off he still contacts me and wants to hangout. He also wants to do favors for me like servicing my car etc. However I've been ignoring him. Why is he in a relationship and why is he still wanting to get in contact with me?

By the way, his 21 turning 22 and I'm 20.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to disagree with the whole "I don't want to be in a relationship right now" sentiment. If you meet a person you want to be with, most people don't let an opportunity like that pass.

Don't take something like this personal - it isn't you, it's the fact that whatever you guys had together is no longer enough for him to desire an romantic relationship any longer. Obviously, he still cares about you, and is willing to retain the friendship you guys shared.

It's not that he didn't want to commit - he just didn't want to commit to you.

It hurts to hear that, but it's the truth. I honestly don't think it's anything you did or didn't do - whatever you had just wasn't enough for him. It may have been enough for you ...

I'm sorry to have to say that. In time, I think you will realize the same, maybe take a breather from him just to regroup. But don't resent him for following his heart - our hearts don't always follow our heads.

Good luck.