• Ask
  • myTake

He doesn't want to commit to me but he doesn't want anyone else to have me either.

Ok I met Preston 4 and 1/2 years ago. Amazingly enough we had met 16 years previously. A son was born out of that. AND that's another story. Anyways... Show More

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 2

• Wow, I feel you! I don't know what to tell you... He has a commitment phobia which is pretty common, the best thing to do is to keep going with the flow, untill he realizes what he really wants to do...You can't pressure him into committing to you, I guess it will happen when he can, but what I do not understand is how long has been this going? If it has been going for 4 years it means you gave him all the time that he needs... You need to move forward in the relationship and it doesn't have to have a ring.The best thing to do is to have a talk with him and see what happens, then you could reverse it and push yourself away and see what he does... If he flips out once you start seeing other men, tell him what is your deal when I have been here for 4 years and you still won't decide whether you want to stay or go...make a choice and stick to it.Thats what I would do I guess but see what others have to say about this, as I haven't been successful in my relationships and dealing with a commitment phobe at this moment as well.

• tell him he has no right to control your life and tell you what to do.you do as you please, you're your own person.and besides, he seems to be driving you nuts by not committing...